The Andre Green Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

The Andre Green Thread

In fairness to Bacuna, he was misquoted when you read the full interview.

From memory he was talking about returning to Holland one day and maybe playing for Ajax/PSV and maybe getting to end his career with a CL adventure.

In fairness to Bacuna, he was misquoted when you read the full interview.

From memory he was talking about returning to Holland one day and maybe playing for Ajax/PSV and maybe getting to end his career with a CL adventure.

Fair enough of course, but no harm in taking the piss. The bottom line was he thought himself good enough for a CL club, whether in Holland or wherever.

Which clearly, he was not.

I always liked Bacuna. He was dreadful in that relegation season but then so was everyone else. He got a lot of stick that wasn't warranted due to that misquoted interview. There were far worse offenders in that team and I'd still have him over a few of our current squad of I'm honest.

As for Andre Green wanting to be a club icon. All nice words but time to prove it. The managers backed the young man big time
Time to repay him.

Such a shame, had really high hopes, but looks like injuries are just going to ruin his potential. Feel sorry for him. Not nice wanting to do well and injury/sickness prevents you.

Hamstrings finished Owen , some players seem to pull them for fun

Owen had short legs, so they were working extra hard when he darted forward. Not much he could do about it.

Some players have problems when they're young and seem to grow out of it. Hope that's the case with Green.

Such a shame, had really high hopes, but looks like injuries are just going to ruin his potential. Feel sorry for him. Not nice wanting to do well and injury/sickness prevents you.

I admire what Smith is trying to do with Green in bringing him back and getting rid of Bolasie and trying to bring him on . But it's just not going to happen for him Is it. If he gets this amount of injuries at his young age, what's he going to be like when he is a few years older.