The Andre Green Thread | Page 8 | Vital Football

The Andre Green Thread

I admire what Smith is trying to do with Green in bringing him back and getting rid of Bolasie and trying to bring him on . But it's just not going to happen for him Is it. If he gets this amount of injuries at his young age, what's he going to be like when he is a few years older.

You have to wonder what it is about people like that and what medical teams around the world seem powerless to prevent. Since he's had his breakthrough he has seemed to have niggly injury after niggly injury.

I used to get lots of injuries when I was younger.
A couple of years ago a surgeon diagnosed that my nervous system hadn’t fully developed and that’s why I got lots of pain when I played.

DS knows what he wants and if he says there's no room for Green at the moment I'll go with that. He's still pretty young. What he needs is to add a clinical finish to his game; do that and he'll be fine.

I think we can be guilty of looking at our young players through rose tinted glasses. The coaching staff see the stats for Green day in day out. He does have some natural ability, let's hope PNE can help him develop his confidence and ability to the maximum.

He lacks confidence and as above the ability to cross a decent ball. This is quite important in a winger. I hope PNE is the making of him. However i have serious doubts and that would be a real shame.

He could do with adding the ability to cross a ball while he's at it.
Was sort of including that in "clinical finish"; maybe should have said "clinical final ball". He's OK in his passing game, but crossing you need vision for (see Elmo at his best), maybe he'll get that with experience. It doesn't come easily; El Ghazi still takes the wrong option half the time.

Didn’t want to drag up an old player thread, but where is the enigma that is Andre Green? Doesn’t appear that he has signed for anyone.

We’ve seen a couple of our drop outs make it at Preston, I thought he might be able to forge a career at a league 1 club at least, but he’s not even on the radar.

Coming to a Redditch United or a Leamington FC soon.

Signed a short deal to complete the season with Charlton after we released him, but not heard of anything since Dan.

think he's at Charlton. Shame really, I thought he'd do good.

It’ll be disappointing if he has jacked the game in. Very surprised how someone can go from getting the old goal in the football league to without a club.

I did make some outrageous claims in his thread after first seeing him I thought he’d become a big player for us which proved wrong, but hopefully for himself he gets himself a club and moves on.

Green is a free agent after we released him. Injuries ruined him, he was a good prospect back in 2016. He's basically finished now at 22. Sad.

And yet we can name players and managers who get chance after chance but someone with his raw talent seemingly has been written off.

I'd love to see him get himself up and running at some level and then begin proving people wrong. But you can say the same about so many sadly.