The Andre Green Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

The Andre Green Thread

This from the b.mail
"Purslow also explained players between the ages of 18 and 21 will be promoted to the first team 'at the expense of older players' - a change which should happen before the end of the current transfer window. "

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/aston-villa-sawiris-edens-purslow-15699969

Think it's called planning for the future.

Worth giving this time. Makes promotion this season just a tad less important.

Hadn't realised Purslow was picking the team altho
his instructions don't seem to have filtered through so far.
Sounds like the usual drivel tbh - 5 yr plans, engines, jumpers for goals, young & hungry etc.

Yup. Sawiris and Edens are already looking long term from what we've seen. Appointing Smith shows a deeper plan than 12 months and a development angle.

It depends how you read the January comment doesn't it lol

I remember seeing something claiming our academy had provided the highest number of players who went on to play professionally, but that was a few years back. Our academy has always been rated highly, hence why we were involved in the next gen tournament a few years ago which was invite only to the academys that produced the most players.

We've don't seem to really give our young players a chance though. Gary Cahill sold because the Mon thought Zat Knight was better, Marc Albrighton destroyed by 2 Scottish idiots and replaced with Tonev. Callum Robinson going for nothing and Daniel Johnson sold for 50k without ever playing. I'm not saying that Johnson or Robinson are world beaters but they're good championship players who've come up from league one. If we'd given them a go when we still in the top league would they have developed into better players than they are now?
Always thought Callum Robinson got a raw deal getting played out the wing in the prem no less by fuck wit Lambert probably destroyed the kid before he got started. Johnson was never given a chance who would probably do a job for us now.

I thought he did OK when he came on. Certainly made more impact than Bolasie did, not the most difficult task admittedly but I'd start him next week vs Ipswich.

I remember seeing something claiming our academy had provided the highest number of players who went on to play professionally, but that was a few years back. Our academy has always been rated highly, hence why we were involved in the next gen tournament a few years ago which was invite only to the academys that produced the most players.

We've don't seem to really give our young players a chance though. Gary Cahill sold because the Mon thought Zat Knight was better, Marc Albrighton destroyed by 2 Scottish idiots and replaced with Tonev. Callum Robinson going for nothing and Daniel Johnson sold for 50k without ever playing. I'm not saying that Johnson or Robinson are world beaters but they're good championship players who've come up from league one. If we'd given them a go when we still in the top league would they have developed into better players than they are now?

Problem is though in the premier league it is difficult to bring players through because the demands are just so high. If a player had to drop down to league 1 probably suggests they aren’t good enough for a prem club.

However in the championship I think there is more scope to bring players through which is why I am disappointed we haven’t really done much of this since we’ve been in this division.

I might be wrong about this, but did Robinson leave us the summer we were relegated? I remember being a bit surprised we let him go, at least it allowed us to buy Ross McCormack instead :oops:

Yes Robinson went that summer .
Hogg is yet another example , premier league player now albeit looks like Huddersfield stay is coming to an end .

Hogg is yet another example , premier league player now albeit looks like Huddersfield stay is coming to an end .

Huddersfield fan at my work who goes home and away knows his stuff, reckons Hogg is one of the fittest players they’ve had and raves about him. I say raves - I think Hogg is a decent hard working guy and the fans appreciate that.

Living in holmfirth ( next to Huddersfield) I go and watch them now and again when a free ticket comes up that is with some mates , I get asked a lot why we let Hogg go as they love him up here , seen him twice this season and he’s looked pretty good .

Living in holmfirth ( next to Huddersfield) I go and watch them now and again when a free ticket comes up that is with some mates , I get asked a lot why we let Hogg go as they love him up here , seen him twice this season and he’s looked pretty good .

Letting him go was an absolute stupid decision.

Yup. If he's fit I want him to start. Bolasie has been average at best, so why not use one of our own.

Adomah is average now as well, sadly.