Summer transfer thread | Page 71 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Its not happening AC. Hes answering questions thats all. Its not him using naughty language

Ha, yes, the bully returns with a bee in his bonnet because someone stood up to him.

You know exactly what CP is. Of course, he doesn't have the temerity to tell you you are out of order for making fun of someone's disabilities does he? He just loses it and makes sexual comments about your kids. On a scale of offense I can see why you would make me the target

I've tried about three times to steer him back onto football. He isn't interested

If we were to sell our best striker to the wankers down the road after the gloating bastards had just smashed their transfer record I'd be done with the owners, an absolute abomination, no need for it sell to someone else but not to them sheep shagging fookers

A complete no on every level

Over and out from SW London

PS for what its worth he will still be there next season they have plenty of options and they may just off load a few on loan where they can and sell the odd fringe player, they could actually benefit from not being active in the market for a change, a nice bad start under Lampard and I'll be happy as larry, they will be a threat again next year foolish to think otherwise

If we were to sell our best striker to the wankers down the road after the gloating bastards had just smashed their transfer record I'd be done with the owners, an absolute abomination, no need for it sell to someone else but not to them sheep shagging fookers

PS for what its worth he will still be there next season they have plenty of options and they may just off load a few on loan where they can and sell the odd fringe player, they could actually benefit from not being active in the market for a change, a nice bad start under Lampard and I'll be happy as larry, they will be a threat again next year foolish to think otherwise

Thank you.

At least somebody gets it

I think the idea is being entertained because we're discussing Forest fleecing the sheep for their best player. Have to agree with Pope and Mark, no chance.
If this was the other way around we'd have a much less pragmatic response. Derby's money is not as good as another's, because of the local rivalry. When Forest were selling Britt, people would have lost their shit big time if he was sold to Derby. Commons would be an example. If he'd left on a free to any other club he'd have been forgotten, not going to Derby though. Fatty Judas Commons still isn't popular in these parts is he.

There is no way derby would sell Vydra to us. Never going to happen. He might be available to other clubs for 7m but they would double that if we showed interest.

So let's suppose we've got a player and Stoke offer £10m and Derby offer £13m (they're the only 2 offers available). You'd take £10m and deny Forest £3m in order to spite Derby?

Leaving early thought process

1. Am I pissed = Go to pub
2. If not do I fancy getting pissed = Yes, go to pub
3. How cold am I = freezing, go to pub
4. Is it the same shite as last week / season / decade = Go to pub
5. Fuck this I'm off to the pub = Go to pub

What's with the leaving early issue, I thought that was so armchair fans can call 606 and moan that those who could be arsed have left

Its taking 3 hours these days bloody M1 by the time I've got to the turnstile I've done my bit

In reality you wouldnt be finished though would you?

So let's suppose we've got a player and Stoke offer £10m and Derby offer £13m (they're the only 2 offers available). You'd take £10m and deny Forest £3m in order to spite Derby?

Yes

There is more to a football club than money divisive decisions like that can cut a club in half as well we know and the damage long term can make 3m pale into insignificance

If they did sell to us the place turns into a powder keg, they get off to a bad start Lampard is fooked Morris is up to his neck in it and you can multiply that 10 fold if we get off to a flyer

Stupid decision if they made it, you are bringing problems to your front door on a hypothetical 3m which in the real world would be dealt with via add ons and what not or selling to a EPL club for less and blagging it.

Anyway EM will get it so no doubt he'll be bidding if the manager gives him an excuse to they've done it to us plenty because its bloody disruptive even at bid stage

In reality you wouldnt be finished though would you?

I didn't say I wouldn't go, I am super loyal to owners hang head in shame got it totally wrong loyal and EM is doing a bloody great job as far as I'm concerned but just like when Fawaz sold Burke for no good reason selling our star player to the Sheep would have the same desired effect for me ie Fuck off and sell the club

There is also a caveat or two firstly if the player wants to go and secondly within a day or two they have replaced with a player so outrageously better you can sit there and go fook that great business happy days oh happy days

But for run of the mill we need to off load an earner or two sell a player surely flogging your best to your worst enemy is a complete avoid at all cost job not a few quid extra or up front job

£3m is a huge amount when under FFP restrictions. We'd deprive ourselves of someone like Soudani, for instance.

If we could either sell to Stoke and have Grabban or sell to Derby and have Grabban and Soudani, then personally I'd choose the latter every time. Of course I wouldn't want to sell to Derby but not at the expense/spiting Forest

Just before we (nearly) signed Dean Saunders from the sheep my Derby supporting co- workers were near suicidal at the thought of their beloved star player leaving for us.

All the more reason to put a cheeky bid in. It's unlikely but vydra would add value to our team.

He who dares and All that. It's not like they are beneath doing similar

Yes

There is more to a football club than money divisive decisions like that can cut a club in half as well we know and the damage long term can make 3m pale into insignificance

If they did sell to us the place turns into a powder keg, they get off to a bad start Lampard is fooked Morris is up to his neck in it and you can multiply that 10 fold if we get off to a flyer

Stupid decision if they made it, you are bringing problems to your front door on a hypothetical 3m which in the real world would be dealt with via add ons and what not or selling to a EPL club for less and blagging it.

Anyway EM will get it so no doubt he'll be bidding if the manager gives him an excuse to they've done it to us plenty because its bloody disruptive even at bid stage

Stop teasing with this beautiful fantasy

Yes

I don't actually really think that Vydra will necessarily fit in with the players we already have, but pleeeeaaase let this happen! ^^

I've never understood why some supporters carry on this sort of rivalry to this extent. And I can't see that the average owner is going to lose good dough just because the clubs supporters don't like the football club in the next town. Life's not like that. And it wouldn't bother me either.

All I'm interested in is building the best side on the pitch and if I was the coach or the owner that's the only way I'd look at it.

A good many years ago if you wanted to see the best football around you went to the old Baseball Ground. And I'm trying hard not to laugh !

:whist:

It’s an interesting debate and I must obviously fall on the more pragmatic side of it.

Most of my relatives are Blues and Villa fans. There are some Forest, some Derby and some Burton fans in the mix and my sister, to her eternal damnation, is marrying a Man Ure fan.

I moved to the West Mids at a young age so I don’t have the exposure to Derby fans some of you do but my Grandad was old school Forest and would only piss on the unlit parts of any Derby fan he found on fire.

In terms of our rivalry I don’t want Derby to go out of business - where’s the fun in that? I would love the to get relegated, hopefully twice and take at least four years to get back because that would be fun.

The only time I would want to see them in the Prem is if we got there first and they were making a good fist of breaking their 11 point record.

As for buying and selling players, I am only interested in what helps us although that wouldn’t stop me having a rant at a player that had moved to them.

If Vydra was the right fit for us then I would want us to go after him but I would expect them to make us pay a premium. If they had offered £18m for Assombalonga, knowing we were going to lose him anyway, I would have taken it and hoped he flopped so I could rip the piss accordingly.

I know others will view things differently but that’s how I see it.

Personally, I do not think we are after him; but if we were, there is very little Mel could do to prevent it happening, other than demand we pay a premium price.

Just look at Van Dijk at Southampton; even after admitting to an illegal approach and Southampton stating that they would not sell to Liverpool, they ended up getting him.

The one thing Derby cannot do is end up with a disillusioned player on their hands; a player who does not perform to his best every week and ends up being a liability with a fast depreciating value.

Certainly not when you are supposed to have money problems.

The players have all of the power these days, contract or no contract; if he wants to play for us the chances are that he will.

I have yet to see any evidence that he wants to play for us other than internet rumour.