Summer transfer thread | Page 245 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

Christ CP you’re such a rectal twat you don’t even concede. Wobble head: acknowledge popey debates better, put lonely, tiny penis away and for the love of god sake. You post some good sake xx

Care to explain why budgets from three years ago are relevant compared to current and future? Pope can't and I very much doubt you can...

That aside, nice post :) Pope needs a friend, so good on you.

Care to explain why budgets from three years ago are relevant compared to current and future? Pope can't and I very much doubt you can...

That aside, nice post :) Pope needs a friend, so good on you.
I have explained it to you. You know full well why it's relevant, given that the West Brom squad is rated as having a value of over £100m while ours is rated at £60m

You just can't bare to back down.

Not sure I have ever seen you post good sake though. I always imagined you to be more of a hard whiskey man

I have explained it to you. You know full well why it's relevant, given that the West Brom squad is rated as having a value of over £100m while ours is rated at £60m

You just can't bare to back down.

Not sure I have ever seen you post good sake though. I always imagined you to be more of a hard whiskey man

Why is that relevant to a man charged with recruitment? Quoting numbers from a website doesn't mean anything. His issues will be budget and opportunity going forward, not in the past and there's nothing to suggest West Brom is a more exciting prospect than NFFC currently.

I am a scotch man :)

Total market value arrivals: 55,65 Mill.

Total market value arrivals: 33,65 Mill

Total market value departures: 39,00 Mill

Total market value departures: 92,50 Mill.

Average Attendance 27,265

Average Attendance 23,890

Which sounds the more interesting proposition to you?

Total market value arrivals: 55,65 Mill.

Total market value arrivals: 33,65 Mill

Total market value departures: 39,00 Mill

Total market value departures: 92,50 Mill.

Average Attendance 27,265

Average Attendance 23,890

Which sounds the more interesting proposition to you?

That is so simplistic and to be unworthy of debate. You do understand what the concept of context is don't you?

Why is that relevant to a man charged with recruitment? Quoting numbers from a website doesn't mean anything. His issues will be budget and opportunity going forward, not in the past and there's nothing to suggest West Brom is a more exciting prospect than NFFC currently.

I am a scotch man :)

I would bet that West Brom's overall budget now and for the next three years is greater than ours.

They have parachute payments for a start, which they can enjoy for another two seasons.

They have around £100m of playing assets accrued in the PL that can be sold as well.

They will have sponsorship deals negotiated in the PL yet to run out and a much higher commercial profile than us.

7 years in the PL takes its toll on academy recruitment as well, with strong young prospects favouring joining the big club. Who knows what they have waiting in the wings? We know we have Appiah and Gomis. They might be special but the odds are better for West Brom having better assets there than we do

Yes, they have spent less this summer and sold more. But after nearly £150m of spending over the previous three seasons, all on players for a higher level, does it not occur to you that perhaps their recruitment needs in dropping down a division might be significantly less than ours were after three relegation battles at this level?

West Brom have significant income streams. They may be tied up a bit in wages but that is mitigated partly by PP and a good sporting director will be able to shift those players off the books. They have plenty of playing assets that can generate funds, whereas frankly we are still wondering where the money etc is coming from

I would bet that West Brom's overall budget now and for the next three years is greater than ours.

They have parachute payments for a start, which they can enjoy for another two seasons.

They have around £100m of playing assets accrued in the PL that can be sold as well.

They will have sponsorship deals negotiated in the PL yet to run out and a much higher commercial profile than us.

7 years in the PL takes its toll on academy recruitment as well, with strong young prospects favouring joining the big club. Who knows what they have waiting in the wings? We know we have Appiah and Gomis. They might be special but the odds are better for West Brom having better assets there than we do

Yes, they have spent less this summer and sold more. But after nearly £150m of spending over the previous three seasons, all on players for a higher level, does it not occur to you that perhaps their recruitment needs in dropping down a division might be significantly less than ours were after three relegation battles at this level?

West Brom have significant income streams. They may be tied up a bit in wages but that is mitigated partly by PP and a good sporting director will be able to shift those players off the books. They have plenty of playing assets that can generate funds, whereas frankly we are still wondering where the money etc is coming from

Tied up a bit in wages lol ok

Ours comes from shipping product...

if had to value the Portuguese lads without the known figures theyd be around what, 2mil each?
No, Brereton is valued at 7 mil but can't hold down a place at this level (despite the fact that I rate him very highly and think that is undervaluing) 2 of the three are pretty much holding down a first team spot despite being pretty young so have to be valued higher than him. So 10 million plus for each for me

Yeah, notice they didn't throw their fisH cake! Hardly his fault that someone got sent off at 2-0 up and someone else missed a 97th minute penalty! Villa have a very good side,particularly attacking, and will no doubt turn it around

Yeah, notice they didn't throw their fisH cake! Hardly his fault that someone got sent off at 2-0 up and someone else missed a 97th minute penalty! Villa have a very good side,particularly attacking, and will no doubt turn it around

Yep, but players always hold the key to a managers future - no matter how sh!t the team's playing the manager will always take the flak.

How many times (even at the CG) have they booed the side off but called for the managers head? - your never hear of a player getting the sack no matter how sh!t he is!!!! No they sell him on and he gets his signing on fee and normally another 2/3 year contract :eek: