Summer transfer thread | Page 70 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

I haven't gone begging for sympathy? I haven't sulked either- I've responded with nothing but courtesy and an attempt to talk football.

I simply pointed out that you being from London is probably the reason why you don't give a shit whether we lose our best player to Derby or not.

A forest fan saying that they would take a bid from Derby for our best player rather than from someone else. To be honest I never thought I would see that from a fellow forest fan, but from you maybe I'm not surprised.

And once again, the behaviour of the response is out of all proportion to the comments it replies to.

£3m is a pittance in today's game. It's the equivalent of about 6000 season tickets, which a club that disregards it's fans that much may well lose over something like this. Maybe not in one season, but over three seasons I would Imagine a loss of more than that cumulatively. And once people get out of the habit, they often don't go back.

£3m buys you Zach Clough in today's game. You need £13m just to buy a decent Portuguese prospect.

If Stoke offer £13m plus add ons and we offer £16m without then IMO Derby will absolutely go with Stoke and from both a moral and probably economic point of view will probably be right to do so.

Tell me then, since it's such an important game to you, why did you walk out rather than supporting the lads? You're a bullshitter and a plastic.

Tell me then, since it's such an important game to you, why did you walk out rather than supporting the lads? You're a bullshitter and a plastic.

I walked out of a Derby game on 90 minutes for that exact reason- because it did mean that much to me.

As someone who is unlikely to ever meet a Derby fan on a Monday morning at work I don't expect you to understand.

Feel free to respond to any of my footballing points when you are ready

Seriously Basha, are you trying to tell me that Lampard is going to go into Derby, find he has the top scorer in the division and decide he doesn't fancy him?

They have other saleable assets- Davis is going to fund Terry for instance. Not to balance the books- to fund a new player.

If Derby put out that they need to sell Vydra there is no chance we will be the only suitor
I am saying that Lampard may not want him or may decide he needs to sell him to fund other players. It is not guaranteed that because he was integral under Rowett he will be under Lampard.

There were lots of rumours as well that they were looking to sell him either to generate funds or because they needed to reduce costs.

It may not necessarily be because they want to but because they need to.

Didn’t say we would be the only suitor, just that the list is maybe a bit shorter than you would think.

I am saying that Lampard may not want him or may decide he needs to sell him to fund other players. It is not guaranteed that because he was integral under Rowett he will be under Lampard.

There were lots of rumours as well that they were looking to sell him either to generate funds or because they needed to reduce costs.

It may not necessarily be because they want to but because they need to.

Didn’t say we would be the only suitor, just that the list is maybe a bit shorter than you would think.

Ok, so if he needs to sell to find other players then he can just lower his ambitions slightly for political reasons

That's a dimension we haven't actually discussed- Lampards first big transfer action as Derby boss being to sell their best player to their local rivals?

I don't think he would see that as a great start

Vydra is no where near prem standard,never has been never will be, very similar to Earny in that actually.
I’d be gutted if we spent more tha 3m on him and really hope we don’t go there, same for Olive, I just can’t see how he’d help just because we now have a few more of his compatriots!
I have faith that Karanka is better than these rumours suggest.

Mendes seems to be more about up and coming players so don’t see Olive as one of his posse!

Ok, so if he needs to sell to find other players then he can just lower his ambitions slightly for political reasons

That's a dimension we haven't actually discussed- Lampards first big transfer action as Derby boss being to sell their best player to their local rivals?

I don't think he would see that as a great start
I can see what you mean but it’s not necessarily Lampards decision.

Before he arrived Mad Mel said costs would have to be cut and rumours of Vydra being sold surfaced. That effectively absolved Lampard of any responsibility.

Circling back to the original point, Derby fans are already set up to lose him so if we make the best offer Mel justifies it by saying it gives Lampard more options.

Again it’s not that I think it will happen just that it is less unlikely than you think.

As has been mentioned elsewhere and for numerous reasons I doubt he is a target anyway.

I personally hope Pulis has a sudden spell of insanity and lets us swipe Bamford. In the absence of any other names he is the best striker we have been linked with I think.

I walked out of a Derby game on 90 minutes for that exact reason- because it did mean that much to me.

As someone who is unlikely to ever meet a Derby fan on a Monday morning at work I don't expect you to understand.

I know plenty of derby fans and work with them. I would never walk out though because I couldnt give a shit what they said

Mad Mel is too much of a fan owner to let his star player come to us.

He wont let it happen because he'll understand what a negative effect it'll have on the club.

Even Fawaz understood that shit.

I know plenty of derby fans and work with them. I would never walk out though because I couldnt give a shit what they said

That wasn't why I walked out.

I was pissed off with a dire performance and didn't want to see them celebrating another win at the CG.

I've seen enough of Robbie Savage swinging his scarf around for that shit. I couldnt bare it after we had thrown it away. It means too much.

You boys still at it? Come on lads, grown men! Forget the male pride back down and talk forest transfer targets again, bamford and grabban please you both?

Sorry Orbs, can't agree. When he left us he went to a then far better team in Norwich and they can't wait to get rid. He isn't all of a sudden going to turn into a world beater. We need much better than him.

Sorry Orbs, can't agree. When he left us he went to a then far better team in Norwich and they can't wait to get rid. He isn't all of a sudden going to turn into a world beater. We need much better than him.
Fair do's H.
I still think he's a decent player but we'll see what pans out.:thumbup:

You left because it meant so much you decided that being a supporter was no longer applicable to you...hey ho.

You left because it meant so much you decided that being a supporter was no longer applicable to you...hey ho.

Like I say I wouldn't expect you to understand, given that you care so much you would happily let local rivals take our best player without blinking an eye. But they aren't local rivals to you and never have been...

Your argument above is pretty weak to be honest. You were more effective when you were having a meltdown and calling me a twat. Perhaps you should stick to that, given that is your level?