Summer transfer thread | Page 69 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

It's a game of money, 3m is a not insignificant amount. As usual you decided to make it personal rather than debate the point, in ten minutes you'll be crying to moderators like the little bitch you are over insults.

Stick to walking out of Derby matches like the plastic ****** you are. I'll stick to supporting the team.

I just found your view of money over pride quite offensive. If you are such a great fan there's no need to call me a ****** is there? Just showing your own insecurities.

£3m is relative. Is the damage it does to the owners image over several seasons worth a £3m cash injection? You are assuming a level of desperation we have no evidence for.

I would be furious if forest did the same and I can't believe any actual fan could just shrug that off. Had Derby offered £18m for Britt last season I would still have preferred Boro

I also said in the original post that the shortfall might well be made up of add ons anyway.

I just found your view of money over pride quite offensive. If you are such a great fan there's no need to call me a ****** is there? Just showing your own insecurities.

£3m is relative. Is the damage it does to the owners image over several seasons worth a £3m cash injection? You are assuming a level of desperation we have no evidence for.

I would be furious if forest did the same and I can't believe any actual fan could just shrug that off. Had Derby offered £18m for Britt last season I would still have preferred Boro

I also said in the original post that the shortfall might well be made up of add ons anyway.

There's a shock, Pope is offended, makes personal comments and then complains when he gets some back.

I retract the ****** comment, clearly you're a scouser.

There's a shock, Pope is offended, makes personal comments and then complains when he gets some back.

I retract the ****** comment, clearly you're a scouser.

I thought we were at least talking a bit of football between you completely losing your shit and throwing around insults again?

Cockney, Scouser... Makes no difference to me, none are from where I live.

I assume you are giving up the pretence of debating whether it's fine to sell your best player to your closest rivals for a pittance more than others are offering?

The Andre Grey story is coming up on twitter. Unfortunately there is sod all in it. It's based on Nixon's tweet that we are Mendes's new project, "so any of his clients are a possibility", and then the additional leap that Grey is a Mendes client.

It is extremely unlikely. The article doing the rounds on Twitter claims he signed last summer for just £11.5m. The fee was undisclosed but it was reported much higher at the time and transfermarkt have it at over £17m. That seems more likely given that Burnley had paid £9m just two seasons before.

He started 31 of Watford's 38 league games. His scoring record for them was poor but he played most games so must have been doing something.

Can't see anything happening with Grey

Back to transfers rather than insults boys hey? The most exciting time as a forest fan for 20 years, why not respect peoples opinions and have discussion rather than insults. Forest are on our way back let's unite and get behind karanka and his men.

I haven't insulted anyone. Not my fault he jumps to the top shelf at the slightest nudge and can't moderate his behaviour

I thought we were at least talking a bit of football between you completely losing your shit and throwing around insults again?

Cockney, Scouser... Makes no difference to me, none are from where I live.

I assume you are giving up the pretence of debating whether it's fine to sell your best player to your closest rivals for a pittance more than others are offering?

I appreciate you've just a poly education so these things are a struggle but as usual you started the personal comments rather than debating and as usual you sulked when you got some back. Always the victim, it's never your fault.

In what fantasy world of yours is 3m a pittance, especially under FFP? You're a deluded twat who time and time again has demonstrated an inability to perform even the most basic of calculations.

I haven't insulted anyone. Not my fault he jumps to the top shelf at the slightest nudge and can't moderate his behaviour

It is your fault when as usual you instigate something and then you go begging for sympathy. I didn't even initially engage with you directly because I only wanted to discuss the point. Stick to walking out of games for the place where you live v the place where you don't live.

It is your fault when as usual you instigate something and then you go begging for sympathy. I didn't even initially engage with you directly because I only wanted to discuss the point. Stick to walking out of games for the place where you live v the place where you don't live.

I haven't gone begging for sympathy? I haven't sulked either- I've responded with nothing but courtesy and an attempt to talk football.

I simply pointed out that you being from London is probably the reason why you don't give a shit whether we lose our best player to Derby or not.

A forest fan saying that they would take a bid from Derby for our best player rather than from someone else. To be honest I never thought I would see that from a fellow forest fan, but from you maybe I'm not surprised.

And once again, the behaviour of the response is out of all proportion to the comments it replies to.

£3m is a pittance in today's game. It's the equivalent of about 6000 season tickets, which a club that disregards it's fans that much may well lose over something like this. Maybe not in one season, but over three seasons I would Imagine a loss of more than that cumulatively. And once people get out of the habit, they often don't go back.

£3m buys you Zach Clough in today's game. You need £13m just to buy a decent Portuguese prospect.

If Stoke offer £13m plus add ons and we offer £16m without then IMO Derby will absolutely go with Stoke and from both a moral and probably economic point of view will probably be right to do so.

In todays FFP atmosphere theres no way derby would turn down a bid, meeting their valuation. because of local rivalry.

NO WAY

The capitalz should end it lads. Lets have a beer

In todays FFP atmosphere theres no way derby would turn down a bid, meeting their valuation. because of local rivalry.

NO WAY

The capitalz should end it lads. Lets have a beer

£3m of the £13 they can lose in the season. That has some significance. But it's only 7.5% of the money they can lose over three seasons.

Like I say- Derby sell him to us, we start tearing up the league with him top scoring while they go backwards.

Derby have 22,500 season ticket holders. If just 2000 of them are pissed off by that and give up their seats, then over three seasons that is the same money. If more do so then Derby have made a loss on the deal- to say nothing of other lost sales.

You would need a much bigger difference to make it certain to be financially worth it, even if finances were the main issue

Vydra is integral to the squad!

Not sure why you think Pulis wouldn't want him.

Norwich can't afford him but all three relegated teams plus Boro and indeed Leeds are viable destinations.

The PL teams will be looking at where he has done well and looking at whether their style would replicate that rather than worrying too much about standards. Vydra hasn't done that well under certain Derby managers either, it's partly about style of play
Vydra was integral under Rowett but Lampard may think different. Vydra is their only really saleable asset so if they want to rejig the squad on a budget he may have to go.

Sorry but it’s pretty obvious to me why Pulis wouldn’t want him. He already has Bamford and Assombalonga and if he were in the market for a striker it would more likely be Jerome than Vydra.

As for the relegated sides West Brom have other targets and Stoke have just bought Afobeso the only link would be Rowett. That just leaves Swansea who may be tempted.

Norwich have just sold Murphy and are selling Maddison so they may take a punt but my guess is Leeds as I don’t think we would be interested anyway.

Vydra was integral under Rowett but Lampard may think different. Vydra is their only really saleable asset so if they want to rejig the squad on a budget he may have to go.

Sorry but it’s pretty obvious to me why Pulis wouldn’t want him. He already has Bamford and Assombalonga and if he were in the market for a striker it would more likely be Jerome than Vydra.

As for the relegated sides West Brom have other targets and Stoke have just bought Afobeso the only link would be Rowett. That just leaves Swansea who may be tempted.

Norwich have just sold Murphy and are selling Maddison so they may take a punt but my guess is Leeds as I don’t think we would be interested anyway.

Seriously Basha, are you trying to tell me that Lampard is going to go into Derby, find he has the top scorer in the division and decide he doesn't fancy him?

They have other saleable assets- Davis is going to fund Terry for instance. Not to balance the books- to fund a new player.

If Derby put out that they need to sell Vydra there is no chance we will be the only suitor