Summer transfer thread | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

mao tse tung

Vital Champions League
Some of you may well be thinking that I am jumping the gun on this one, but fear not, the window will be opening sooner than you think.

There will be changes to the transfer window this season with EFL clubs having to conclude the buying of players by the new deadline of Thursday 9th August.

FIFA stipulates that the close season transfer window remain open for a 12 week period; this makes the opening of the window on or around the 17th of May.

Clubs can still sell players to foreign clubs between the 9th and 31st August.

We can expect feverish activity in the market more or less from the final whistle of the last game; players out of contract will not be hanging around for their contracts to end in June and negotiated deals will complete as usual.

Certainly going to be interesting.

I posted elsewhere that there was a rumour north of the border that we were fighting it out with Sheff Wed for Wes Foderingham.

I did think it was lazy journalism dating back to MW times but according to some Rangers fans he has been offered as a swap for Cummings.

Again, not sure how true it is as I would have thought AK would have gone for Pants if anyone but with Murty going and the fans wanting Cummings to be signed...

So in theory, is there anything to stop playoff teams signing and army of new players for those games? Does the League still have it's old registration deadline?

will stevie G want Cummings at rangers? looked lost with their 5-0 hammering at the weekend. whats McKay going to do with his career, there were rumours very early that he was homesick.

I trust karanka will do a good job during the summer.

Any news on targets, Sniffer?
Not really mate, apart from the obvious, Dawson, Marney and Soudani (hope we get this lad), not much coming out.
Heard about a new under 23's coach to begin soon but I don't want to say who it is yet because he has to go through the interview process although he is nailed on unless he has a sudden change of heart.

So in theory, is there anything to stop playoff teams signing and army of new players for those games? Does the League still have it's old registration deadline?
I would be surprised if any player could sign for a club and actually play in the play offs. I would guess that the signing would ‘take effect’ from 01/06/18.

Free agents can be signed at any time, but for any under contract they'd have to have their contracts cancelled.

Also, I think players have to have played a certain number of league games to be eligible to play in the playoffs.

I would think that there will be a rule to stop them signing players; can you imagine the reaction if that happens?

will stevie G want Cummings at rangers? looked lost with their 5-0 hammering at the weekend. whats McKay going to do with his career, there were rumours very early that he was homesick.

I trust karanka will do a good job during the summer.

Gerrard must be certifiably mad if he goes there.

He will be under the cosh from the first minute he steps through the door with almost non existent support from the board.

The supporters will welcome him and then turn on him if they are not challenging immediately.

That is a job for someone at the end of their career not at the start of one.

Don’t think many of their fans want him either Mao so he would be on a hiding to nothing.

Gerrard must be certifiably mad if he goes there.

He will be under the cosh from the first minute he steps through the door with almost non existent support from the board.

The supporters will welcome him and then turn on him if they are not challenging immediately.

That is a job for someone at the end of their career not at the start of one.
hes already used to losing the league for rodgers

My understanding is there isnt a Bluenose in the City that want him. There is talk of Avram Grant as a technical coach with Giovanni van Bronckhorst in the hot seat. I think that would be worth a shout

Regarding us, I reckon we will see 4-5 in before the end of the month. I just cant see him pissing around and the first part of the window will probably see a few freebies like Marney or cheap buys that will get us moaning followed by a hot July of 7 figure signings that will get everyone bragging about promotion