🚺 Spurs Women | Page 137 | Vital Football

🚺 Spurs Women

Thks SpEx .. Im waiting for one of the team to call me but if TQ is right with it being sold out then I guess they are either thinking of releasing another section or offer me Mr Levy and his wife's seats instead (hopefully with the meal thrown in) - they have refunded my mistake so not all bad so it may well be back to the tele and thosee BBC Scum pundits on low volume or better still SILENT mode

Our next game, the semi-final, is still 3 weeks away but we can start a game thread a little bit nearer the time and see if it attracts a few more posters. You never know, being in a cup semi, better still if we make the final, it could generate a lot more interest.

Thks SpEx .. Im waiting for one of the team to call me but if TQ is right with it being sold out then I guess they are either thinking of releasing another section or offer me Mr Levy and his wife's seats instead (hopefully with the meal thrown in) - they have refunded my mistake so not all bad so it may well be back to the tele and thosee BBC Scum pundits on low volume or better still SILENT mode

Lovely young lady from Spurs called and sorted out the refund and purchase of 2 premium seats at the semi ... whoopee ..
now booked Justpark near Theobalds station so all set for the big day

be my first live Spurs Women game after all these years supporting them

update ***** Mrs SLD wanted to come now so this lovely young lady helped me again and secured me a 3rd Premier seat ... what service

Last edited:
Lovely young lady from Spurs called and sorted out the refund and purchase of 2 premium seats at the semi ... whoopee ..

You'll love the whole experience! Being there is special. I still smile like a Cheshire cat every time I sit down there...lol!

Im up for it ... it was Geof's thread so if Ok with him Ill give the easy one a go for the next game (the semi) and see how it goes but the predictor and/or POTM etc would be a challenge for sure and maybe wait til the new season !
Hi sld. It's not my thread; it belongs to all of us. This is a good idea so it would be great if you want to run with it, mate.

Sorry about all your ticket troubles. Hope it works out for you.

Last edited:

Awesome, sld, couldn't be happier for you, mate.

TBH I don't think the women would dare lose with you at the game. They'd be dreading what you'd be saying about them on VS! ;)

Im up for it ... it was Geof's thread so if Ok with him Ill give the easy one a go for the next game (the semi) and see how it goes but the predictor and/or POTM etc would be a challenge for sure and maybe wait til the new season !
Yeah , totally agree with that Sid , next season for the predictor .

The match thread you can start at anytime .

Geof , are you up to helping out with Sid .

We can discuss the other threads during the close season .

There is no pressure , if you change your mind , it’s ok .

I guess there are several ways to determine progress for a football team. Examine the table; Compare recent season results; Transfer activity, etc. But another, and obvious, way is to compare squads. In general, our squad compares favourably with the teams around and below us. But in comparison with the top four teams the story is different.

The United squad has several more highly-skilled players than Spurs and their bench is reasonably strong. We possibly have three or four players who could improve their bench but probably not their starting eleven.

This is even more noticeable when comparing us with Arsenal.

No Spurs player would get a start for City and it’s doubtful they could claim a place on their bench. They have excellent options for a starting eleven and far too much depth.

No Spurs player would be targeted by Chelsea. They have a ridiculously talented squad. They have world class players in every position and like-for-like players waiting to replace them from the bench. Due to rotation requirements (caused by battling on many fronts) Chelsea sometimes have a stronger looking bench than the starting eleven. This somewhat works against them in terms of performance as their first team is not as consistent as most clubs. But that’s a problem managers would love to have.

So …. What is our reality?

We are still young to the WSL and need to be patient. It takes time to build a successful squad. We need to stay ahead of the chasing (although not chasing with too much conviction) pack.

Just like the top four clubs we have a very strong and proud parent club with immense resources. This is the key to success but we will only benefit from those resources if we show how the Women’s team is a viable part of the THFC product. This could be viewed as a chicken-and-egg dilemma. But the fact is that, given the start the top three clubs already have, our development will take some time …. because we will need to improve every playing position before we can compete for trophies.

Just how I see it.

Okay, here's the thing. I can start a predictor thread for the Women's team but, due to my dark side and not-up-to-standard insightful knowledge of our players (it's a long and distressing story), I think sld would be far more competent to submit a weekly post. TQ and myself (and hopefully others) will obviously add comments in support.

What do you think, guys? And what should be included in a weekly post? We need to discus this.

Last edited:
I guess there are several ways to determine progress for a football team. Examine the table; Compare recent season results; Transfer activity, etc. But another, and obvious, way is to compare squads. In general, our squad compares favourably with the teams around and below us. But in comparison with the top four teams the story is different.

The United squad has several more highly-skilled players than Spurs and their bench is reasonably strong. We possibly have three or four players who could improve their bench but probably not their starting eleven.

This is even more noticeable when comparing us with Arsenal.

No Spurs player would get a start for City and it’s doubtful they could claim a place on their bench. They have excellent options for a starting eleven and far too much depth.

No Spurs player would be targeted by Chelsea. They have a ridiculously talented squad. They have world class players in every position and like-for-like players waiting to replace them from the bench. Due to rotation requirements (caused by battling on many fronts) Chelsea sometimes have a stronger looking bench than the starting eleven. This somewhat works against them in terms of performance as their first team is not as consistent as most clubs. But that’s a problem managers would love to have.

So …. What is our reality?

We are still young to the WSL and need to be patient. It takes time to build a successful squad. We need to stay ahead of the chasing (although not chasing with too much conviction) pack.

Just like the top four clubs we have a very strong and proud parent club with immense resources. This is the key to success but we will only benefit from those resources if we show how the Women’s team is a viable part of the THFC product. This could be viewed as a chicken-and-egg dilemma. But the fact is that, given the start the top three clubs already have, our development will take some time …. because we will need to improve every playing position before we can compete for trophies.

Just how I see it.
Really good overview Geof ... for me though there is only 1 player who would walk into any of the top 4 and get a regular start and that is Amanda Nilden (but she is not ours yet - its whether she wants to stay)

I generally thought we were buying better last Summer but now having seen nearly a whole season - the new players are OK but not top class (bar Nilden) which makes the fringe players mediocre at best (and why I harp on about it and why we need to do better not keep giving extns to players who are not gonna improve - never - not with us if anyone)... these same fringe players have brought the new players quality down with them esp the like of Ahtinen
My Spurs rating Top 4 club rating Would they sign
Vitikora 6/7 5 No
Bizet 6/7 6 No
Clinton 7/9 7 already with MU
Vinberg 6/7 6 Yes
Grant 7/9 7 Yes
Nilden 8/10 9 Yes
Buhler 5/6 5 No
Shuang 6/7 6 No
Thomas 7/8 7 No
Ahtinen 6/7 6 No

This is the real home truth - we are gtting better but until we start signing top talent and competing at the top 4 table the support will not get any better than 1.5k attendance ... however
"If u build it they will come" but if u take too long WSL support will grow with the other clubs first before us (fact)

This is why all are finding it hard to adapt to RV style of play and tactics and why we go downhill once the mediocre players start to feature more and more.
(Graham Naz Ayanne Neville Spencer Summanen) - trouble is Rv keeps bigging these players up and that worries me more as I reckon we are unlikely to move them on.

Dont get me wrong - we are doing better and more stable now as a squad and club team than last season but we are still way off challenging for top 4/5 - infact Liverpool have done better in 2 seasons that we have done in 6 and that says it all really. They have matched a MU stance on WSL ambition whilst we still lack behind - so when are things gonna change I ask?

It will be an interesting Summer as to what happens with the fringe player and loanees who are still under contract as we really need to start severing the ambilical cords on many of them if we REALLY want WSL ambition.

Really good overview Geof ... for me though there is only 1 player who would walk into any of the top 4 and get a regular start and that is Amanda Nilden (but she is not ours yet - its whether she wants to stay)

I generally thought we were buying better last Summer but now having seen nearly a whole season - the new players are OK but not top class (bar Nilden) which makes the fringe players mediocre at best (and why I harp on about it and why we need to do better not keep giving extns to players who are not gonna improve - never - not with us if anyone)... these same fringe players have brought the new players quality down with them esp the like of Ahtinen
My Spurs rating Top 4 club rating Would they sign
Vitikora 6/7 5 No
Bizet 6/7 6 No
Clinton 7/9 7 already with MU
Vinberg 6/7 6 Yes
Grant 7/9 7 Yes
Nilden 8/10 9 Yes
Buhler 5/6 5 No
Shuang 6/7 6 No
Thomas 7/8 7 No
Ahtinen 6/7 6 No

This is the real home truth - we are gtting better but until we start signing top talent and competing at the top 4 table the support will not get any better than 1.5k attendance ... however
"If u build it they will come" but if u take too long WSL support will grow with the other clubs first before us (fact)

This is why all are finding it hard to adapt to RV style of play and tactics and why we go downhill once the mediocre players start to feature more and more.
(Graham Naz Ayanne Neville Spencer Summanen) - trouble is Rv keeps bigging these players up and that worries me more as I reckon we are unlikely to move them on.

Dont get me wrong - we are doing better and more stable now as a squad and club team than last season but we are still way off challenging for top 4/5 - infact Liverpool have done better in 2 seasons that we have done in 6 and that says it all really. They have matched a MU stance on WSL ambition whilst we still lack behind - so when are things gonna change I ask?

It will be an interesting Summer as to what happens with the fringe player and loanees who are still under contract as we really need to start severing the ambilical cords on many of them if we REALLY want WSL ambition.
You would expect RV to big up the players in public though sld, it wouldn't do much for morale or motivation if he came out and was overtly critical of them. I'm sure he is more of a realist behind the scenes.

You would expect RV to big up the players in public though sld, it wouldn't do much for morale or motivation if he came out and was overtly critical of them. I'm sure he is more of a realist behind the scenes.
I get that TQ but you big up the team first and formost - not individual players - it is not necessary and gives them all false security (or strong - depends how they take it) .. a recipe for a future problem when things dont go to plan

Do you think we could have one thread for the predictions instead of a separate one for each game as happens for the PL? It can just be a running thread.

Then we would also need a running thread for the Prediction Table.

If yes, could sld post a one-paragraph intro before each new match prediction?

The problem might be that games might be missed if not given a new thread. Maybe a new General Notice Board Thread could remind posters of things they may otherwise miss.

I’m not sure. What do you think?

Do you think we could have one thread for the predictions instead of a separate one for each game as happens for the PL? It can just be a running thread.

Then we would also need a running thread for the Prediction Table.

If yes, could sld post a one-paragraph intro before each new match prediction?

The problem might be that games might be missed if not given a new thread. Maybe a new General Notice Board Thread could remind posters of things they may otherwise miss.

I’m not sure. What do you think?
A running thread for the predictor table would suffice Geof but as it's so easy to do I think we could stick to a separate thread for each game suitably titled as with the PL threads.

I think we could make do with a combined match and predictor thread unless we are surprised and we get a good number of participants!

A running thread for the predictor table would suffice Geof but as it's so easy to do I think we could stick to a separate thread for each game suitably titled as with the PL threads.

I think we could make do with a combined match and predictor thread unless we are surprised and we get a good number of participants!
Yes, I think you're right about having separate match prediction threads. A current league table could also be a copy and paste job for each thread.

But the prediction table thread probably needs to be a running thread on its own. It will be easier to start that way in case it does gain more attention.

What do you think?

Hopefully sld will comment soon.

Yes i will do the game set up thread for each prediction thread - the week before the game and Ill do an overview of where we are the opponent and what is going on around us to try get people involved

Just got to find an easy WSL table to be able to cut and paste from - the BBC can only be a link like this which is a pain

or like this or I make my own on Excel and cut and paste from that as and when

League tableedit

PosTeamPldWDLGFGAGDPtsQualification or relegation
1Chelsea1714125014+3643Qualification for the Champions League second round
2Manchester City1714124511+3443
3Arsenal1712143718+1937Qualification for the Champions League first round
4Liverpool178542521+429
5Manchester United178453522+1328
6Tottenham Hotspur177462329−625
7Aston Villa1761102235−1319
8Brighton & Hove Albion1752102439−1517
9Leicester City174492334−1116