🚺 Spurs Women | Page 135 | Vital Football

🚺 Spurs Women

stats thus far
64% poss .. 9 shots but only 2 on target - one being the goal ... just aint good enough is it !!!
5 corners to their 4 and 5 fouls to their 2

We are back to kick and hope panic play yet again and resort to fouling so much .. this is a clear indication that players are moving out of position too much and are not fit enough getting back

lets hope things change 2nd half but I dont bet on it .. Im losing faith in our Bob as I reckon Jepson is calling the shots now with these team set up (It wouldnt surprise me at all)

Liverpool drop the chance of 3 points and get a 0-0 so if we win we are only 4 behind and not 7 ... but we could still lose this with 2 calamity defending goals .. we are prone to that in the past

Should win it from here. Should have scored two more goals, at least. Some nice patterns of play but poor finishing. When a forward player gets into a good position they need to move the ball faster, not slow down and pass it back. That's frustrating.

Pool drew at Everton.

my g*d that was poor yet again until the likes of Shuang and Vinberg came on. But for me what is killing us is this constant decision to play slow passing from the back to and fro and backwards with very little effort to go with any speed and then passing is then more often or not sloppy thereafter with so many players in good forward space and no-one sees them.

Summanen Spence Naz Neville even Bizet and Clinton were very poor today - but yet again Nilden by far the best player on the park

Last edited:
So we all predicted a win so 3 in the bag ... but 1-0 - COME ON - this is the bottom of league side and we cannot hit barn doors even when they have been taken off for painting after the early goal. VERY POOR - so lets see what Bob has to say after this !!!!

Last edited:
so end stats
67% poss
23 shots ... ffs and only 7 on target and 10 corners and we only get 1 ucking goal !!!! ... and we top the foul chart again with 8

this is why this team needs to practice on a full sized pitch width .. not blow football table size

Last edited:
Surprised we topped the foul chart, it felt like we were playing a friendly match and happy to scrape a single goal victory.

Surprised we topped the foul chart, it felt like we were playing a friendly match and happy to scrape a single goal victory.

for me TQ it was becos we kept getting out of position with some players and then when we lost the ball they do not have the stamina/fitness to get back (same ol same ol players - Summanen Neville - even Spence ... none had the energy to recover and resort to pulling or tripping)

Should win it from here. Should have scored two more goals, at least. Some nice patterns of play but poor finishing. When a forward player gets into a good position they need to move the ball faster, not slow down and pass it back. That's frustrating.

Pool drew at Everton.
happens all the time Geof - makes me wonder what style of football he really teaches as it is boring and predictable

The team just does not look fit at all bar Nilden

It has to be said, we passed on an opportunity to improve our goal difference.
yep with manure on +13 and pool on +4 and we are -6 ... thats is 19/10 goals behind .. we aint got a hope in chance of beating that target - not whilst our ladies play kick and hope stuff

Just listened to RV match interview - he says the right things yet again but then why does he not do anything in training to make this any better? .... he even mentions GD

He should make them watch the England womens rugby team, they played most of their match today one player down and still won 48-0!

The BBC is full of tossers, there is no MotD2 this week due to the international break so you would think they would replace it with the womens football show which normally follows the mens version but no, they put a film on in place of MotD2 and scedule the days womens highlights for midnight. So much for championing equality.
A 100% total Diversity Woke Company that lives on seeking out scandals and imho is going downhill fast - the sooner they lose the licence fee tax the better in my book.

Watched the full game again this morning and although we had so much poss we still move the ball too slowly with this style of build up play and often that is the reason for high rate of poor completed passess as our players are either not expecting it or it is too slow or worst still too fast (overhit) ... then comes the end product ... really there isnt any ... it is almost 100% kick and hope stuff.

If our ambition is really to be a top 4 side then we are still so far off this with the players we have

Why is RV not playing Charli Grant ? that would be the first question I would ask him at the next interview

Naz Summanen Neville should look at this game and honestly say - did they really put in their shift today yet the latter 2 stayed on for the whole game. Simply not good enough.

Any more thoughts on you guys starting Match and Predictor threads ?

This thread has run to 135 pages now , it’s giving you a good base .

Match and Prediction threads would be a good way of garnering more interest .

Perhaps publishing the league tables alongside the match threads ?

Any thoughts ?

The only thing is that the viewing stats may give the wrong impression

Yes we get a lot of views but that also includes the basis that Geof TQ and I post and read the most - several times a day and I would probably say that we get visited by the odd 10 other supporters now and then - you included WW and SP, SpEx, 54 etc

Is that really enough for all the hard work in running extra threads

I post all this sh*t becos I am passionate about this team getting better for our Club brand and to try catch good open conversations but it really has'nt worked. I have probably put many off if being honest as I am a catancarous Mr Meldrew clone now..... but I still want a team I can be proud of.

Until we get rid of all the ex Skinner pets that wont happen yet.

Last edited: