🚺 Spurs Women | Page 136 | Vital Football

🚺 Spurs Women

Watched the full game again this morning and although we had so much poss we still move the ball too slowly with this style of build up play and often that is the reason for high rate of poor completed passess as our players are either not expecting it or it is too slow or worst still too fast (overhit) ... then comes the end product ... really there isnt any ... it is almost 100% kick and hope stuff.

If our ambition is really to be a top 4 side then we are still so far off this with the players we have

Why is RV not playing Charli Grant ? that would be the first question I would ask him at the next interview

Naz Summanen Neville should look at this game and honestly say - did they really put in their shift today yet the latter 2 stayed on for the whole game. Simply not good enough.
I do think your passion can cloud your judgement occasionally sld, I thought Summanen had a pretty decent game yesterday but of course that can be comparative to previous performances! The game was similar to our mens against Fulham, we had a number of players who just weren't on their game on the day, notably Bizet and Clinton, who we rely on for creativity.

I do think your passion can cloud your judgement occasionally sld, I thought Summanen had a pretty decent game yesterday but of course that can be comparative to previous performances! The game was similar to our mens against Fulham, we had a number of players who just weren't on their game on the day, notably Bizet and Clinton, who we rely on for creativity.
Yep .. most of the men were thinking of what to pack in their go away bags and why Intl camps do more harm than good for the club game

As for Summanen ... yes she tries hard but her skill on the ball is average at best and if u get the chance just watch her in plays .. she is so so slow in getting back into position - same as Neville when she loses the ball (which happens a lot) and why I say bring back Charli.

Spence played some nice passes when she was involved but clearly not match fit yet but I would have like to see Petz come on in her place not Gun ho Graham. Petz sees the game well and can pass a good ball ... RV is using the squad I get that but he must now know who underperforms week in week out and yet he still plays them.

Dont get me on Naz as Ill have a heart attack ... but then Grace and Celin also were not on their game and that didnt help at all

Try watch some of the stuff when these players are on the ball - we are light years away from the style of play or players that the likes of Chelsea City have - light years... and thats what u need to compete with high +GD and over 30/40 points that you need as a club to succeed in nosebleed territory.

I would love the front men to come in and give many of these players 1-1 coaching from a players point of view .. what to do in a situation / what to look out for ... even how to hit a ball properly at a target runner

In training last week they did a lot on wide play and passing into a runner on the GK and also cut backs to another player running in with space to shoot behind .. but it was on a blow football pitch not full width !!! .. yesterday there was hardly any of that as not one player followed in with any front run play .. why becos they were covering someone who was likely to be up there doing ???.... this was the bottom team ffs.

Last edited:
Now another point ... Grace Clinton - hmm

Boy do we need her to stay but in the last 2-3 games she has been subbed off regularly rather than moving her to another position which he used to do and it makes me think RV is getting the team used to her not being here ! - hmm a worry as that may be a sign we aint gonna make a decent offer to get her or that MU have already said she is not for sale.... so it will be down to her come next Jan as her contract is up Summer 25.

Our next game is Leicester so i expect her to play as we need to win this with our best players but then comes the Manure collectors and their entourage in screaming hoards and she will not feature - so that will leave 4 games left.... Everton Brighton Chelsea and Wet Spam (the latter who played a half decent game yesterday and should have had a goal had VAR been around and been given a draw)... so will she feature or not remains to be seen.

Looks like we can get 'full house' for these games:

If you've never done Premium it before, for a reasonable sum, these prices are outstanding. I can wholeheartedly recommend it.
doesnt open at all now and when it did it when I viewed first time it showed £119 not £25

£119 is for the full dining package prior to kick off, £25 just gets you access to premium lounge and bars plus a padded seat in the west stand.

Link still opens ok for me.
Ive just got it to work at £25 ... just waiting to hear from the family if they want to go as it would be a trek for us and not sure whether car parking is available as the green coach doesnt cover our area anymore since the start of this season.

Whoopee - I got 3 in premium .. area 212 row 23 so maybe we can try a burger with posh sauce for once

COYSW .. now to work out how best to get there without having my car nicked or dented .. maybe Theobalds Grove .. is is still a safe place or not so anymore?

Oh NO - the wrong tickets arrive .. West Ham game not the Semi Final

What the eck have I done .. this ticketing site is a real pain for us oldies ... now cant contact anyone so looks like Ive lost £85 squid ... wtf :bow:

Last edited:
Oh NO - the wrong tickets arrive .. West Ham game not the Semi Final

What the eck have I done .. this ticketing site is a real pain for us oldies ... now cant contact anyone so looks like Ive lost £85 squid ... wtf :bow:
Oh blimey, that's a pain. The money is surely not lost sld, you can still go to the West Ham game!

will have to see if we can go to that but just wont be the same as a semi - that one will be for NE bragging rights only
Keep trying to see if you can change them, if not can you spare another £85 and go to the semi as well?

Wish I was a bit closer, the £25 deal is really tempting!

Keep trying to see if you can change them, if not can you spare another £85 and go to the semi as well?

Wish I was a bit closer, the £25 deal is really tempting!
Well yes - they replied and saiid they would refund me so phew that was close but the email offer was so misleading as it was all colour and announcment etc etc but i didnt see the west game banner .. I just saw the buy tickets box and then later when i checked again after getting the wrong tickets .. the Leicester game "buy now" was further down the page when the game is actually sooner ... no wonder my old brain cant handle all this ..... well Ladies I tried to come to see you in my plush seats with fancy burger and latte but now I cant as all seats in premium not available anymore .... such is life supporting Spurs :bounce:

Well yes - they replied and saiid they would refund me so phew that was close but the email offer was so misleading as it was all colour and announcment etc etc but i didnt see the west game banner .. I just saw the buy tickets box and then later when i checked again after getting the wrong tickets .. the Leicester game "buy now" was further down the page when the game is actually sooner ... no wonder my old brain cant handle all this ..... well Ladies I tried to come to see you in my plush seats with fancy burger and latte but now I cant as all seats in premium not available anymore .... such is life supporting Spurs :bounce:
Oh, that's a bummer, I wonder if they'll add more later as it's sold out? Worth keeping an eye on. If all else fails you could always consider the Wham game nearer the time.

Love to but havent a clue how to ... ???
Sid ,,if you want to , I will give you all the help you need .

The match thread is simple , you just post the Title of the fixture , and everyone gives their thoughts etc .
The Predictor thread is a bit different and it’s best to get someone to help
out with that .

You can have a lot of fun with it , let me know mate …

I will help in any way I can .

Sid ,,if you want to , I will give you all the help you need .

The match thread is simple , you just post the Title of the fixture , and everyone gives their thoughts etc .
The Predictor thread is a bit different and it’s best to get someone to help
out with that .

You can have a lot of fun with it , let me know mate …

I will help in any way I can .
Im up for it ... it was Geof's thread so if Ok with him Ill give the easy one a go for the next game (the semi) and see how it goes but the predictor and/or POTM etc would be a challenge for sure and maybe wait til the new season !