đźšş Spurs Women | Page 141 | Vital Football

đźšş Spurs Women

excellent plans and design (the women will love it and should attract better players hopefully) but my fear is the goody goody doo-gooders will delay all this and probably get their way in the end thru the weakness of the court system in these matters. I bet those that held up Heathrow plans are just sitting in the wings in their camper vans and caravans waiting to be called to move in and climb into the trees. I hope I am wrong - it also did not show the legend to the numbers on the map.
In a democracy, that can always happen, but this is all within the council's remit - so my bet is that these plans will be passed. The council desperately need unused public land like this to be put into use to create an income and the plans as far as I can see will immeasurably improve a miserable looking patch of over grown scrubland - I get that locals like it as they can walk their dogs there, but it needs to be much more than that.

In a democracy, that can always happen, but this is all within the council's remit - so my bet is that these plans will be passed. The council desperately need unused public land like this to be put into use to create an income and the plans as far as I can see will immeasurably improve a miserable looking patch of over grown scrubland - I get that locals like it as they can walk their dogs there, but it needs to be much more than that.
Fingers crossed ... would be amazing ... and then try find a stadium just off the M25 North to rebuild into their own (like City have done) that is easier to get to and have better parking and transport options for the whole catchment area and not just North East residents who either come to us or Wet Spam - I assume no one from the scum would change clubs even if we get better

- there is only so many people intrerested in the women's game at the mo and many only come out when success is at the pinnacle of chance and why we have sold all the small ticket allocation for the final in 3 days - we will only know when the day comes as to how many empty seats will be on show or not which means they were bought for profiteering and touting rather than actual fans who were stopped from getting the number they required esp those on day 1 and 2.

Last edited:
So the run in is upon us as of tomm

Spurs v Brighton WIN ... 3 points
Everton v Spurs DRAW ... 1 point
Spurs v Chelsea LOSS
Spurs v West Ham WIN ... 3 points ....... total 32 points ... 6th
Even if we win against Everton it will not be enough to get 5th unless we WIN again against Chelsea to get a possible 37 pts as we will need 37 points to get a pipped 4th based on my predictions below - I just cannot see this happening sorry not with the fringe players we have no matter how much RV bigs them up - they simply aint good enough.

If we do get 32pts then we match 21/22 season in pts but not in position which was 5th.... at least it kills off the memory of last season's disaster.

Leicester v Man U WIN ... 3 points
Pool v Man U Draw ... 1 point
Man U v Chelsea LOSS ........ total 36 points ... 4th becos better +GD

Villa v West Ham WIN ... 3 points
Brighton v Villa WIN ... 3 points
Villa v City LOSS ........ total 26 points ... 7th

Pool v Chelsea LOSS
Pool v Man U Draw ... 1 point
Leicester v Pool WIN ... 3 points ..... total 36 points ... 5th due +GD

Well my run in didnt work ... we dropped 2 points so 6th or 7th it is
luckily Villa dropped 2 points as well with a draw so that keeps them off our backs for another week
as for MU - they are also drawing with 20 mins to go so they could also lose their ground on Liverpool

Boy we have to shake our team up as that was a really poor effort at home in good weather - if we play like that at Wembley it wont fair well

58% poss with 23 shots and only 7 on target speaks for itself - very poor
8 corners and nothing from any of them - also very poor

attendance 1290 ... so our figures are actually going down iso up and thats why we need far better players in asaspo

ah well the manure spreaders get their goal in the latter mins - has to be them pushing ahead with their confidence whilst we fall back with ours

Last edited:
boy just watched the first half of the U21 game ... our team is awful and in disarray ... 3 nil down all to defending errors at the back ... our No 5 and the GK are useless ... plus we have nothing upfront to worry this Palace team .... somewhat of a disgrace and very embarrasing.

I know they have won the league andf all these no doubt are fringe players but boy they are bad - totally embarrasing the shirt they wear

60 mins gone - 2 subs at half time and the team is just as bad and already 4 down and we aint got a clue up front ... what has happened to this table winning team ? ... this is worse than the 1st team against the Scum

If I were the manager Id start packing up the bus and wait inside with a warm coffee - they aint worth watching nor developing cos none will ever make it in the big time - embarassing ... how did these players ever get a contract ?

Now 5 down .. Ive given up watching

Last edited:
boy just watched the first half of the U21 game ... our team is awful and in disarray ... 3 nil down all to defending errors at the back ... our No 5 and the GK are useless ... plus we have nothing upfront to worry this Palace team .... somewhat of a disgrace and very embarrasing.

I know they have won the league andf all these no doubt are fringe players but boy they are bad - totally embarrasing the shirt they wear

60 mins gone - 2 subs at half time and the team is just as bad and already 4 down and we aint got a clue up front ... what has happened to this table winning team ? ... this is worse than the 1st team against the Scum

If I were the manager Id start packing up the bus and wait inside with a warm coffee - they aint worth watching nor developing cos none will ever make it in the big time - embarassing ... how did these players ever get a contract ?

Now 5 down .. Ive given up watching
This to me demonstates everything that's wrong with our club, a lack of winning mentality. It shouldn't matter that we have won the league as such with the new playoff format to come, what's the point of putting out a team to get trashed?

This to me demonstates everything that's wrong with our club, a lack of winning mentality. It shouldn't matter that we have won the league as such with the new playoff format to come, what's the point of putting out a team to get trashed?
totally agree TQ - totally agree 100%

Ria Percival has indicated that she would like to stay with Palace who have been promoted to the WSL next season. Would be a good move for both clubs but at 34 years of age she won't bring in much of a fee if any.

Ria Percival has indicated that she would like to stay with Palace who have been promoted to the WSL next season. Would be a good move for both clubs but at 34 years of age she won't bring in much of a fee if any.
Good move for her and she can stay residing in London area - doubt she would get more than a 2 year contract though (if that) ... maybe only a rolling 1 year

They will probably get relegated next season anyhow

She is not needed back in our squad .. infact we need to totally rebuild the midfield as all of em are questionable and have actually got worse ... Ahtinen Summanen Petzelberger Brazil Graham .. personally the Finn duo are finished (they are not actually World class talent) and the other 3 need moving on anyhow now. Then the fringes of midfield come into question - the likes of Naz Ayanne and Shuang are also not good enough in my book if we really want to challenge the top 4

Good move for her and she can stay residing in London area - doubt she would get more than a 2 year contract though (if that) ... maybe only a rolling 1 year

They will probably get relegated next season anyhow

She is not needed back in our squad .. infact we need to totally rebuild the midfield as all of em are questionable and have actually got worse ... Ahtinen Summanen Petzelberger Brazil Graham .. personally the Finn duo are finished (they are not actually World class talent) and the other 3 need moving on anyhow now. Then the fringes of midfield come into question - the likes of Naz Ayanne and Shuang are also not good enough in my book if we really want to challenge the top 4
We aren't going to replace that lot in one window sld so guess we'll have to trust that RV and his bosses know what they are doing and will work to improve the squad over time.

well I was hoping Pool would lose but there u go ... they win and we dont - 6th place it probably will be now, we have dropped so many points through lack of killer mentality in our game.

Liverpool v Chelsea, possibly the best WSL game I’ve seen. Liverpool supported what I had said earlier; the standard of football in the WSL is evening out. United, Liverpool, Everton, Villa, and Spurs are closing the gap on the dominant clubs at the top. This is precisely what is needed to further raise the profile of Women’s football.

Liverpool’s well deserved win has virtually ended Chelsea’s chances of five titles in a row. The title is now City’s to lose.

The next TW for all clubs is going to set up a very interesting 24/25 season.

Liverpool v Chelsea, possibly the best WSL game I’ve seen. Liverpool supported what I had said earlier; the standard of football in the WSL is evening out. United, Liverpool, Everton, Villa, and Spurs are closing the gap on the dominant clubs at the top. This is precisely what is needed to further raise the profile of Women’s football.

Liverpool’s well deserved win has virtually ended Chelsea’s chances of five titles in a row. The title is now City’s to lose.

The next TW for all clubs is going to set up a very interesting 24/25 season.
yep u got it in 1 Geoff

this makes me laugh .... why say something that clearly she and team are not doing

we have only won 7 games this season thus far and have only scored 26 goal with a deficit of letting in 32

The best we have done thus far in the WSL is as follows ...
2019/20 ... won 6 ... scored 15 ... deficit 24 ... 20 points ... 7th
we were 21 goals and 20 points away from a CL position
2020/21 ... won 5 ... scored 18 ... deficit 41 ... 20 points ... 8th
we were 46 goals and 28 points away from a CL position
2021/22 ... won 9 ... scored 24 ... deficit 23 ... 32 points ... 5th
we were 37 goals and 16 points away from a CL position
2022/23 ... won 5 ... scored 31 ... deficit 47 ... 18 points ... 9th
we were 19 goals and 30 points away from a CL position
2023/24 ... won 7 ... scored 26 ... deficit 32 ... 27 points ... 6th
we are 21 goals and 18 points away from a CL position thus far

so Evelina ... where are these WINs and GOALS then that you say is better this season under Bob the new builder ?

At academy level, it's all about learning first, winning second.

The winning has been done, so why not bring in fresh untried or fringe blood to see how they handle it?

It's how you learn about players and wether they're worth keeping.

It's a cattle market - and a vicious one at that.

At academy level, it's all about learning first, winning second.

The winning has been done, so why not bring in fresh untried or fringe blood to see how they handle it?

It's how you learn about players and wether they're worth keeping.

It's a cattle market - and a vicious one at that.
Clearly, I personally don't see the value in sending out a side to get trashed, it can't do much for their confidence and sends the wrong message to me. We need to instill an attitude at all levels that we want to win every game regardless of it's importance.

Clearly, I personally don't see the value in sending out a side to get trashed, it can't do much for their confidence and sends the wrong message to me. We need to instill an attitude at all levels that we want to win every game regardless of it's importance.
Well we can argue the toss, but virtually every academy I know takes the same approach - even in losing, you can learn and it can prepare you better for a professional career - which is the academies first duty of care to the boys.