🚺 Spurs Women | Page 138 | Vital Football

🚺 Spurs Women

Like a post above about the new players, the trouble with doing a table freehand is that when you post it all the data squishes up and it does not look good

Like the great drawings that appear on X about the next game would be a good start but they are too large to post on here so it can only be a link which probably half the people wont even open !

Once we are up and running then a last thread to have POTM

I'll try do this on the day once the squad and lineup has been announced - assuming I am around (cant gnty that all the time), mrs SLD always wants to go out for walks on Sunday afternoons or day out's and it is getting harder to make my excuses to stay in for the game and why I am taking her to the semi final with my son to try get her interested in our women's team (she does watch the Lioness games as and when)

Also .... it would be remiss of me not to mention that the Chelsea, City, and Arsenal squads, have Matildas players in them! Sorry, couldn't help myself! ;)
and we have 2 in our ranks although RV forgets that and doesnt play one of them (when she is the better player ?????)

Hi sld. I agree that links are seldom followed. Maybe forget about the table and just identify our position in a short leading paragraph.

I do think these threads need to be slanted towards optimism so that people don't think we're a dying cause and drop out.
Ill go with that Geof and put my usual report seperately after the game - I was hoping I would be so much more positive this year with 9 new hopefully better players but we have gone stale in creativity all over again hanging on to 1-0 leads, (yes I know we are still bagging points) but I just hope we get more really TOP TOP quality IN this summer otherwise it will be much the same next season for sure.... poor midfield and stagnant upfront through the lack of creativity coming from it. Why we play so slow from the back is beyond me! - it just gives the other team more time to get into their default positions.

I still think we need a TOP GK, a Top RB/RWB and 2 TOP Midfielders (Left and Right) - ones that can manage the whole game structure.... and if Amy goes then another RCB better than Luana.

RV will be in his last season and cant hide behind the word development anymore but then he will say any new players are being developed ... cant win

I want the killer instinct installed asaspo under Capt Beth as that is the only way to get GD in + nosebleed territory and then fans will come to see goals not stay away cos all we collect are foul stats.

Anyhow we have 5 games to go and hopefully 2 FAC games :bow:

Ill go with that Geof and put my usual report seperately after the game - I was hoping I would be so much more positive this year with 9 new hopefully better players but we have gone stale in creativity all over again hanging on to 1-0 leads, (yes I know we are still bagging points) but I just hope we get more really TOP TOP quality IN this summer otherwise it will be much the same next season for sure.... poor midfield and stagnant upfront through the lack of creativity coming from it. Why we play so slow from the back is beyond me! - it just gives the other team more time to get into their default positions.

I still think we need a TOP GK, a Top RB/RWB and 2 TOP Midfielders (Left and Right) - ones that can manage the whole game structure.... and if Amy goes then another RCB better than Luana.

RV will be in his last season and cant hide behind the word development anymore but then he will say any new players are being developed ... cant win

I want the killer instinct installed asaspo under Capt Beth as that is the only way to get GD in + nosebleed territory and then fans will come to see goals not stay away cos all we collect are foul stats.

Anyhow we have 5 games to go and hopefully 2 FAC games :bow:
Hi sld. Keep commenting the way you do on the Spurs Women thread .... it's passionate and honest. But it's probably better to be a bit less critical on a weekly match thread that wants to attract more VS posters.

Is it worth starting off with the Cup semi-final? A win in that one would be nice.

I'm on the fence, TQ.
its the end product I have a real problem with - she doesnt have one (more suited to 3 point Rugby) ... she is good at running the wing I give you that but nothing else floats my boat.. her crosses are 50-50 at best and she thinks too late when she has the ball and often loses it. She is often caught just ghosting around not doing much (less so that Ayanne) and that does my ed in.
Watch the Bristol game again and just watch her (no one else).

If she had the skill of Grace and the shooting direction and power of Beth then she would get onto the next level.

She is NOT A STRIKER - never has been, never will be.
She is not as good as a Hemp or Kelly (nor is Ayanne) and why I want better
Extending both their contracts shows a lack of ambition to want batter in these roles for our team in my book

Hi sld. Keep commenting the way you do on the Spurs Women thread .... it's passionate and honest. But it's probably better to be a bit less critical on a weekly match thread that wants to attract more VS posters.

Is it worth starting off with the Cup semi-final? A win in that one would be nice.
Yes I will try but am on vacation from 1st to 10th so Ill have to try and remember to do it when I get back ... probably try 11th/12th if i remember

I'm on the fence, TQ.
We have 3 players that are somewhat ineffective upfront no matter how many times they play ... Ayanne Brazil and Naz ... I'd add Graham and Summanen as being on the rim of falling into this hole as well. They all try hard but that is not really enough when it comes to end product and skill level ... none are top class players, never have been even if some are classed as Intl's (just look at where and who they play for)

Are all Intl players - good players (No)
Are all players - good Intl players (No)

Anyhow they have all been backed by RV and bigged up recently in his interviews to justify him picking them (not Brazil as she rarely ever plays) but then I guess he has to say that to keep in with those that follow our club Woke and Diversity policy ... but giving all 4 players (bar Brazil) extentions iso letting them go for better is a real worry as they are not top bench players neither and we need to get a squad to = Citeh ManU Chelski and the Scum if we want a part of this top 4 pie. That means a top bench as well... not these uninnnspiring misfits.

We are still such a long way off competing at the top level even with the new players now in... they are being diluted by these players which is somewhat quite evident now in the staleness in our play style and not being able to create much nor take any of our chances to better our -GD.

We as a team have gone bread stale but not mildew ridden yet (bad enough to be throw away and buy new for the bread bin) .. but they are on their way.

OK we have a semi final and we have a good chance to win that with a probable 20k home stadium roaring them on and be in a major final like the men with the CL under Poch .... but we probably all know what will happen. We will probably fall at the first hurdle like we always do with Cup finals (we are Spurs) and then be left with just enjoying the day out with the Scum pundits reeling over a Chelski/ManU win (depending who gets there) and nothing about us.

Then we will be left with the run in with a downhearted squad fighting for what?
6th/7th place and NE London bragging rights on the last game of the season.

So how will RV have done in his first season
poor / ok / not bad / good / amazing under the umbrella of development!

It all will be down to the next game ! .... Leicester and who he plays !!

For me it will be strewn with Skinner pets all over again (no Charli Bora Vinny Shuang nor Petz) and maybe we will be lucky with another 1 Nil uninspiring game but enough to get to Wembley. Ive paid good money to go see this live so I hope not unless the Premier seating and Premier bar service brightens me up on the day. COYSW

I remember all they hype of Poch at the CL final and then not playing Moura for an unfit Arry, was he right? .. Pool were there for the taking big time and we just didnt even get off the bus and so it goes on with Spurs and Cup finals and why our cabinet is empty as the Red mist mob keep reminding us every season.

I feel better now that Ive got that off my chest before I go on holiday

Have a great holiday sld.
Cheers matey - off to Italy with the family (assuming our 4 passports are valid at the departure gate with the 10 year Brexit rule) - we had to postpone it last year with me being in hospital and then my wife but BA agreed to move the flights to this year with Hospital paperwork etc. Fingers crossed it all goes well at T5 (first time flying out of T5):bow:

We have 3 players that are somewhat ineffective upfront no matter how many times they play ... Ayanne Brazil and Naz ... I'd add Graham and Summanen as being on the rim of falling into this hole as well. They all try hard but that is not really enough when it comes to end product and skill level ... none are top class players, never have been even if some are classed as Intl's (just look at where and who they play for)

Are all Intl players - good players (No)
Are all players - good Intl players (No)

Anyhow they have all been backed by RV and bigged up recently in his interviews to justify him picking them (not Brazil as she rarely ever plays) but then I guess he has to say that to keep in with those that follow our club Woke and Diversity policy ... but giving all 4 players (bar Brazil) extentions iso letting them go for better is a real worry as they are not top bench players neither and we need to get a squad to = Citeh ManU Chelski and the Scum if we want a part of this top 4 pie. That means a top bench as well... not these uninnnspiring misfits.

We are still such a long way off competing at the top level even with the new players now in... they are being diluted by these players which is somewhat quite evident now in the staleness in our play style and not being able to create much nor take any of our chances to better our -GD.

We as a team have gone bread stale but not mildew ridden yet (bad enough to be throw away and buy new for the bread bin) .. but they are on their way.

OK we have a semi final and we have a good chance to win that with a probable 20k home stadium roaring them on and be in a major final like the men with the CL under Poch .... but we probably all know what will happen. We will probably fall at the first hurdle like we always do with Cup finals (we are Spurs) and then be left with just enjoying the day out with the Scum pundits reeling over a Chelski/ManU win (depending who gets there) and nothing about us.

Then we will be left with the run in with a downhearted squad fighting for what?
6th/7th place and NE London bragging rights on the last game of the season.

So how will RV have done in his first season
poor / ok / not bad / good / amazing under the umbrella of development!

It all will be down to the next game ! .... Leicester and who he plays !!

For me it will be strewn with Skinner pets all over again (no Charli Bora Vinny Shuang nor Petz) and maybe we will be lucky with another 1 Nil uninspiring game but enough to get to Wembley. Ive paid good money to go see this live so I hope not unless the Premier seating and Premier bar service brightens me up on the day. COYSW

I remember all they hype of Poch at the CL final and then not playing Moura for an unfit Arry, was he right? .. Pool were there for the taking big time and we just didnt even get off the bus and so it goes on with Spurs and Cup finals and why our cabinet is empty as the Red mist mob keep reminding us every season.

I feel better now that Ive got that off my chest before I go on holiday
lol Yes, good idea to unload that frustralian before heading off to have some fun. :yes:

Whatever way we spin it I imagine a cup final and top 6 finish would be considered a successful or progressive season by most fans.

Cheers matey - off to Italy with the family (assuming our 4 passports are valid at the departure gate with the 10 year Brexit rule) - we had to postpone it last year with me being in hospital and then my wife but BA agreed to move the flights to this year with Hospital paperwork etc. Fingers crossed it all goes well at T5 (first time flying out of T5):bow:
Enjoy sld, what a fabulous place to visit, I love Italy.

the frontline of the U21 finally made good 3-1 against a tough Villa side but the defence ! - boy are they poor once our midfield implode and let them through time after time ... Gunter did as best he could with minimal cover.