🚺 Spurs Women | Page 134 | Vital Football

🚺 Spurs Women

Certainly a much needed win. We started brightly and played some nice football for the first 15/20 minutes before the game evened out. Far too many misplaced passes when not under any pressure. There is no excuse for that. I thought Naz had a pretty good game, sld?

Well at least one of our teams won.

Certainly a much needed win. We started brightly and played some nice football for the first 15/20 minutes before the game evened out. Far too many misplaced passes when not under any pressure. There is no excuse for that. I thought Naz had a pretty good game, sld?

Well at least one of our teams won.
sorry Geof but I thought she and the Ayanne were as usual - vacant in all what they did (zero end product with minimal confrontation threat) bar the one cross from Naz to Martha but then Neville Graham and Summanen were equally as poor (Graham just kicks and hopes when other players r in better positions - nothing but a glory hunter) .... same ol same ol underperforming players that hold us back each week. Cant see us getting any better until these are addressed and moved on in my book.

Real shame that RV cannot see that and it worries me that he constantly bigs them all up (incl Spencer) as do the Pod ladies each and every time they post

This team will not compete at the top level with these players playing .. I even worry that our best player by far ... Amanda (who would walk into any top 3 WSL side and play regularly) will not agree to stay but move on with Grace when the summer comes. Yes a win but feels like we have gone backwards big time like most of our play today when we were in attacking periods leaving players out of position through poor game thinking. We worry too much when we have the ball as it is so easy to pass back and say "it was not me"
Lets face it we have NO MIDFIELD of any strength anymore - a free for all

Oh and the U21 won 2-1 .. so not all bad

Last edited:
Comfortably mid-table - improvement still to come. Things are beginning to look a little rosier perhaps.
I love your optimism SP ... dont get me wrong yes we won but lets face it Liverpool only came up last season and strengthened like us (maybe better ???) and yet it appears they do not bother going into develop mode ... yet RV does and they are making us look like amateurs as they pull away.

We should be able to paste teams not score and try hold the lead for 90+ mins. We wont win many of the remaining 6 games playing like this with the players he is constantly using.

Last edited:
I love your optimism SP ... dont get me wrong yes we won but lets face it Liverpool only came up this season and strengthened like us (maybe better ???) and yet it appears they do not bother going into develop mode ... yet RV does and they are making us look like amateurs as they pull away.

We should be able to paste teams not score and try hold the lead for 90+ mins. We wont win many of the remaining 6 games playing like this with the players he is constantly using.
We shall see Sid. We're a team that's full of surprises, they may well yet surprise a few of us.

To save my frustration with RV and the players he is picking at the mo .. i would like to change the comments to a round up and where do we see the last 6 games going ... so here goes

Bristol away ... we scrape a win .... so 25 points and still 6th
Chelsea at home ... sorry but a big loss ... so we stay as we r 6th
Man U away ... another bad loss ... we are stagnating again but we have been caught by Villa who have now a slighly better GD by this time so we drop to 7th
Brighton at home ... a draw ... so 26 points so 7th remains
Everton away ... we lose this one and we stay 7th
and the last game Wet Spam at home (Stadium) - hard to guess this one but could be a struggled win in the end .. so 29 points and we stay 7th becos of our poor GD.

Season end and RV gives Spencer an extended contract and I change to supporting Liverpool next season.

Okay, I'll play :yes:

Bristol away - Win
Chelsea at home - Lose
Man U away - Lose
Brighton at home - Win
Everton away - Draw
Wet Spam at home - Win

Bristol away - Win
Chelsea at home - Lose
Man U away - Lose
Brighton at home - Win
Everton away - Draw
Wet Spam at home - Win
so 32 points and I guess still keeping 6th spot from Geof - that would be our best WSL points total since coming up ... brave or what

Beware the ides of March Bob ... do not underestimate Bristol as it seems you somewhat did in your press conference today. Just remember that we just about beat Leicester because of the players you picked and style of play you wanted from them - so u will have real egg on your face if we cannot ... repeat CANNOT up the GD and create a goal feast as predicted.

The reason why the likes of Martha and Beth r not scoring is because of the lack of skill and creativity that our midfield players bring to the team and your constant tinkering under the word "development". The likes of Graham Summanen are now simply not good enough to get us to the next level and are bringing Ahtinen's input down with them .. so forget about 4th 5th !!! ... I just do not see it. But who else do we have ? and why u should not have been too eager giving out extended contracts to players who will not get any better.

Then you big up Naz as the next big Lioness .. for what reason ? ... she still has minimal end product and for a front player that is a big part of what is expected in this position. Sorry I just do not agree. She is not on the same level as a Kelly or Hemp and that is the level of consistancy and skill we need.

Also yet again we still play passy passy in a small pitch set up in training .... so why do we not play in a full width pitch set up as that is what we play on each week and we still cannot hit a barn door from close or long range ... thats what we should be practising .. playing to goal from the half way line to get used to distance, width, projection and how to control and hit a ball from varying distances and not just keep playing kick and hope stuff.

Beware the Ides of March - Bob

Last edited:

Bristol away - Win
Chelsea at home - Lose
Man U away - Lose
Brighton at home - Win
Everton away - Draw
Wet Spam at home - Win
I'll play to...

Bristol away - Win
Chelsea at home - Lose
Man U away - draw
Brighton at home - Win
Everton away - win
Wet Spam at home - draw

I'll play to...

Bristol away - Win
Wow - 11 points .. u must know something from behind the scenes

I hope u r right SpX but the way we are playing with constant misplaced passing, minimal hard press and the midfield just not ticking for front line creativity - I just dont see it.

He bigs up Matilda and Shaung now but will he use them ?????? COYSW

Wow - 11 points .. u must know something from behind the scenes

I hope u r right SpX but the way we are playing with constant misplaced passing, minimal hard press and the midfield just not ticking for front line creativity - I just dont see it.

He bigs up Matilda and Shaung now but will he use them ?????? COYSW
But remember .... you've described Bristol, too.

Well its game day .. and I would like to see

Vitikova
Grant J-Taylor Bartrip Nilden
Ahtinen Clinton Shuang
Bizet England Vinberg

but we all know he will not go this way and VJ will get her way again by using ex Skinner pets all over again.

I believe we'll win this today. There just seems to be a new found belief there.

2-1 to the ladies.
I hope so SP - I really do as the manure spreaders dropped points

I get the new found belief - but that was on getting 1 goal in the last game fuelling belief they can win again in the semi final but the team didnt do much after that did they bar see out the win (if honest a very poor display yet again).

We should be well out of sight in this game but apart from England our players can't hit the proverbial barn door.

We should be well out of sight in this game but apart from England our players can't hit the proverbial barn door.
Same ol same ol - sorry ... what did I say about Barn doors eh

Great for Beth to get a great goal from good build up play in first 2 mins but as like with Leicester .. we go downhill thereafter and resort to kick and hope stuff all over again.

Why o why is he keeping with Spencer Neville Summanen Naz - wtf when we have better players on the bench than these