Season Tickets 2019/20 | Page 5 | Vital Football

Season Tickets 2019/20

Haven’t had a season ticket since 2008, as I’m now living in Wales for my sins. Always manage to get across for about 6-8 home games a season and as great as it to see so many season tickets being sold, I’m papping myself about getting match day tickets for me and my two lads. How long before match day do tickets for each game go on sale? I’ve got to be sharp off the mark this season! ?

No way it should be capped, you sell as many season tickets as you can.

Logically it has to be. There are some supporters who can not afford a season ticket and so would like to pick and choose from certain games. Secondly, if the club were to sustain this level of season ticket sales and the team were successful on the pitch then the owners would certainly want to expand the stadium. This would obviously come in the form of the North Stand, however a new stand may take months to build and eat into a new season. If you hadn’t got any seats spare in the stadium which weren’t season ticket seats, where would you put the current North Stand season ticket holders while a renovation was underway?

Logically it has to be. There are some supporters who can not afford a season ticket and so would like to pick and choose from certain games. Secondly, if the club were to sustain this level of season ticket sales and the team were successful on the pitch then the owners would certainly want to expand the stadium. This would obviously come in the form of the North Stand, however a new stand may take months to build and eat into a new season. If you hadn’t got any seats spare in the stadium which weren’t season ticket seats, where would you put the current North Stand season ticket holders while a renovation was underway?
All ST’s to be sent c/o Mrs. Langoe and........bugger off, you know the rest.

I think it is all hot air, reality is we have sold around 23,000 and the club are spinning it creating a shortage to increase sales. We will probably shift 26k tops, meh

Madness. Just a shame all these people who’re suddenly buying didn’t before.

Don’t think we need a big ground extension as it won’t last forever but a new north stand would be nice as it’s looking seriously dated.

We could always groundshare with the sty blose while the work is being done. :grinning:

Madness. Just a shame all these people who’re suddenly buying didn’t before.

Don’t think we need a big ground extension as it won’t last forever but a new north stand would be nice as it’s looking seriously dated.

It isn't in their plans at the moment. Same as previous owners, they need to see the place sell out continuously. Fair enough really. Hopefully some cosmetic changes could be made though.

I do wonder if Villa got it right, in this modern era of football, how big a capacity we could need. We could have a massive catchment area. We've said it before, the space is south of Manchester and north of London.

And then if we needed a 50, or 60 or over capacity, could the local area where Villa Park is situated really cope? Traffic, parking, public transport and so on.

It isn't in their plans at the moment. Same as previous owners, they need to see the place sell out continuously. Fair enough really. Hopefully some cosmetic changes could be made though.

I do wonder if Villa got it right, in this modern era of football, how big a capacity we could need. We could have a massive catchment area. We've said it before, the space is south of Manchester and north of London.

And then if we needed a 50, or 60 or over capacity, could the local area where Villa Park is situated really cope? Traffic, parking, public transport and so on.

Surely even just a facelift like new street station would be nice (Pretty much just covered the old one and ripped the insides out), just looks so dated. Could easily be the main stand where everyone would have their photos taken (As well as the Holte) as there’s so much room behind it to do something with it, much like the east stand at old trafford. I think 45,000 would be alright for us as we have a lot of floating supporters.

A new North Stand would transform VP into a top quality stadium again, for me it’s not just about Villa matchdays, it’s the good PR we get from other sporting functions and other sets of fans, whether it’s an FA vase trophy final or a rugby game - we even had a super cup final in the 90’s if my memory serves me correctly. They seem to be fewer and farther apart than they used to be (events held at VP other than Villa).

I do think we are lucky that no other club has a ground capable of rivalling VP, but we need to keep evolving it whether the commercials of a Villa game add up or not.

These things come and go in cycles, one day VP will be hosting neutral events again.

Last edited:
It's the infrastructure that possibly limits development. How many posters are already worried about their pre match rituals and parking. Interesting times ahead. I have many plastic fan mates, pretty loaded, have kids. If they all turn up I have no idea how many seats we will need. The potential is there, just getting people too and from the game quickly and safely.

AT the very least they need to cover the concrete on the north stand, it looks like the interior of an underpass !.

Mirror tiles, sclaret and blue tiles, tiles with names of past greats - who cares - just get rid of the concrete

If you go to Emirates this season have a very close look, the outside is no better than our North Stand, just total concrete, the difference is, there concrete is totally covered with pictures and stuff

It's the infrastructure that possibly limits development. How many posters are already worried about their pre match rituals and parking. Interesting times ahead. I have many plastic fan mates, pretty loaded, have kids. If they all turn up I have no idea how many seats we will need. The potential is there, just getting people too and from the game quickly and safely.

In all fairness mate a lot of the posters on here have some pretty serious 0CD’s. Hold on a sec good morning Mr magpie how’s your wife and children. Now where was I

If you join doe you get priority for away tickets?

I think it does after away season ticket holders then ST holders then people who have been to 3 million games last season etc , so basically one step up from someone who doesn't have one