Season Tickets 2019/20 | Page 6 | Vital Football

Season Tickets 2019/20

Amid all the positivity this summer I find the lack of communication over season tickets very strange. The club seem very coy about letting us know what's going on and when.

Get rid of it. Simply give priority to those who’ve BEEN (Not bought) the most, it doesn’t get any fairer or simpler than that.

How do the club prove who has been ?
There is no fair way of doing it really , there will always someone who misses out because of something .

I know a hell of a lot of the young lads who go will eventually stop being able to afford it when they get families , it happened to me ,
Now despite being to more games than someone who is in his 20's I can't get a ticket for most of the away games ,
I see that as not fair .

I accept there has to be a process , otherwise it would be chaos . Just the way it is

Amid all the positivity this summer I find the lack of communication over season tickets very strange. The club seem very coy about letting us know what's going on and when.

Have i missed something?. The club announced they have frozen them at 30,000 a few days ago . So they have communicated.

Initially my thought about those being pissed off that they now can't get a season ticket was . Oh well you have had since Feb to buy so comes across that you are only buying now because we are premier league (say we are premier league!). If people have the money now then I imagine in most cases people had it then.

But .....If the club had the thought about capping it if we went up , which I presume they did as part of the planning process, then they should have communicated it so people were able to make that choice .

Last edited:
I don't suppose there will be a cap on the amount of club Memberships they will sell .
Brilliant money making scheme pay £35 and still not be able to get a seat as there are 8000 seats and unlimited members . Basically if you don't buy a membership you'll never get a ticket next season and even if you are a member you still might not get a seat .
Unless of course we are doing crap then there will be 8000 empty seats

How do the club prove who has been ?
There is no fair way of doing it really , there will always someone who misses out because of something .

I know a hell of a lot of the young lads who go will eventually stop being able to afford it when they get families , it happened to me ,
Now despite being to more games than someone who is in his 20's I can't get a ticket for most of the away games ,
I see that as not fair .

I accept there has to be a process , otherwise it would be chaos . Just the way it is

In this day and age there’s also the security issue. The club sells the ticket to joe bloggs but the ticket then gets sold to someone else (So joe bloggs keeps his booking history for future big away games). The club thinks trustworthy joe bloggs with his extensive booking history has gone to the game but hasn’t, someone else who nobody knows of has gone instead. If something happens Joe bloggs is the one they come looking for as it’s him they sold the ticket to.

A simple ID check at the gates as they do in Italy would solve this.

In this day and age there’s also the security issue. The club sells the ticket to joe bloggs but the ticket then gets sold to someone else (So joe bloggs keeps his booking history for future big away games). The club thinks trustworthy joe bloggs with his extensive booking history has gone to the game but hasn’t, someone else who nobody knows of has gone instead. If something happens Joe bloggs is the one they come looking for as it’s him they sold the ticket to.

A simple ID check at the gates as they do in Italy would solve this.
BLOGGS OUT

if we stay up I can see the north stand being knocked down with a mirror image holt 2 built in its place taking us to the 50;000 mark with those that purchased a season ticket getting another next season as the gate lowers to 35;000.

I am confused by the whole ST situation. A few weeks ago, they said they had already surpassed 27.5k and were capping it at 30k.

On the website, it talks about last week they opened it for the first 1000 on the waiting list, and now today they have opened it to the next 2000

So how many ST's have we sold, coz the numbers don't add up ?.

We either had sold the 27.5k, and if we have released 3k, then it isnt capped at 30k, or, we capped it at 30k temporarily, and now have (up to) 33k, or , theg exxagerated, and we hadn't sold 27k to begin with

Anyone know, coz it doesnt take Alan Turing to know their figures are wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the minority of I don't care as I got mine sorted months ago.

Must admit I'd sell 40k and leave 2k for the away fans , money in the bank regardless and a waiting list for next season.
Might even justify a Villa Park extension

They had sold about 28K ish and had started a waiting list. This was till the exisiting ST holders had either renewed or swapped seats. Some i presume went back to the upper Trinity? They then opened the waiting list ie allowed access to the first 1000 on the waiting list. Its not saying all on the waiting list purchased a ST though. I think they gave the first 1000 4 days or so to buy one. They have now allowed the next 2000 access. They will carry on till the 30K are actually sold.

Once 30K are sold the access will be shut and everyone else stays on the waiting list till some are available or we increse capacity? Thats how i understand it anyway?