Players coming in ... | Page 5 | Vital Football

Players coming in ...

Why would any player drop into league. Two. From being a regular in a league one. Side. Really does say what is going on behind closed doors. Think we will get more bad news before the end of jan. if nothing is sorted.

Haven't you just answered your own question? If James is as pessimistic as you re our future, then he'll be going to somewhere he believes will still be in business in February.

Why would any player drop into league. Two. From being a regular in a league one. Side. Really does say what is going on behind closed doors. Think we will get more bad news before the end of jan. if nothing is sorted.
John, I reckon it's because he isn't going to play right back if Darikwa is fit ,and prefers that position to CB.

Zac Clough is a name going around at the moment, would be a strange signing considering the absolute necessity of getting a couple of centre backs. Just a rumour though.

Maybe but one who thinks we will be ok. God Mooney. Do you spend all your life on here. You answer everyones post straight away. thought I was bad. But I do have hobbies. good job. Or this would get me down. Any way back in the man cave for a bit. Only came on to see if any news. But. That’s wishful thinking ,,,,,

I don't understand your first sentence.

My posting habits are my business, no-one else's ................. but timing is a peculiar thing, isn't it. Today, I've been shopping, sorted out some of (deceased) Father-in-law's financial affairs, done about 30 mins piano practise, and nipped down to see my mum. It seems you've posted just before I've had a look at the site. Believe me John, I don't wait for you to post. ;)

No he as gone because better money. Maybe a back handler to sign

John, he's on loan, I suspect it will make no difference whatsoever to his take home pay as Hibs will be paying him - with the loanee club probably making up a percentage of that wage.
I interpreted this statement (perhaps incorrectly) from the original link to mean that Wigan were unable to offer an acceptable deal to Hibs.

Wigan were keen to strike a fresh agreement with Hibs but Sky say they were ‘were unable to make an acceptable offer’.

How much more can we the fans take with me its getting to breaking point
Dont know how rest of you feel

Same as I said on the other thread Bicky, there's no point expecting to hear about progress when there's obviously a process that needs to be played out.

Maybe tomorrow, more likely wednesday, and if we hear nowt by thursday, then the anxiety may be more justified ......... but even then, it's not necessary. It'll take as long as it takes, and everyone who are more closely involved (JJ/the SC/Lisa Nandy) were all upbeat that we'll come through this.
(y)

Same as I said on the other thread Bicky, there's no point expecting to hear about progress when there's obviously a process that needs to be played out.

Maybe tomorrow, more likely wednesday, and if we hear nowt by thursday, then the anxiety may be more justified ......... but even then, it's not necessary. It'll take as long as it takes, and everyone who are more closely involved (JJ/the SC/Lisa Nandy) were all upbeat that we'll come through this.
(y)
Sounds good
But its what the club actually looks like after its all sorted that worries me the most

No where near breaking point, the cogs will be turning ever so slowly but I believe they will be turning. We don't appear yet (to me at least) to be in imminent danger of liquidation, I may change my tune if Admin start bleating about January wages.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying watching the kids put in some battling performances on the pitch and trying not to worry too much about the stuff I can't control.

No where near breaking point, the cogs will be turning ever so slowly but I believe they will be turning. We don't appear yet (to me at least) to be in imminent danger of liquidation, I may change my tune if Admin start bleating about January wages.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying watching the kids put in some battling performances on the pitch and trying not to worry too much about the stuff I can't control.
As the old saying goes,
Don't worry, it will all come out in the wash.

The clock is ticking. Mark my words if no one puts down that deposit within the next week or so, we will have to sell Joseph to pay the wages for another month.

It pisses me off so much how any potential new owner wouldn't be desperate to get a deal done right now for that exact reason. Joseph could be a multi million pound player if he gets tied down to a new contract by a new owner. Do your research on our players and get a deposit down FFS!

Wasn’t calling you. But you are on here a lot. And the record poster.

It read pretty much as if you were John. Not sure where you've got the "record poster" stuff from (says the man posting at nearly 1am), but I suppose someone has to be.

To paraphrase Ian Fleming, (who in turn was paraphrasing the old saying), post and let post.

John, he's on loan, I suspect it will make no difference whatsoever to his take home pay as Hibs will be paying him - with the loanee club probably making up a percentage of that wage.
I interpreted this statement (perhaps incorrectly) from the original link to mean that Wigan were unable to offer an acceptable deal to Hibs.

Wigan were keen to strike a fresh agreement with Hibs but Sky say they were ‘were unable to make an acceptable offer’.

I'd imagine, like you, that Salford approached Hibs & offered to cover more (or all) of James's salary. Hib's then let Latics know about this & Latics couldn't match or better it.
However, James would also have had a say in it & could have refused to go to Salford if he'd wanted - Hibs can't force him to go anywhere & ultimately if he'd refused to go to Salford Hibs would have been likely to let him go to Latics as having someone cover some of his salary (like Latics have been doing) is better than Hibs having to pay 100% of it for a player that they clearly no longer want.
I've read that the decision was made by club (Hibs) & the player so I'd imagine that Salford have offered better bonuses to him &/or the promise of a permanent deal at the end of the loan if things work out for him there. Latics cannot offer any kind of permanent long term deal to him

Is it just me who, though encouraged by his early form and "that" free kick, thought he'd drifted into being someone who rarely shone.

His defending was OK, but Darikwa was way better in his first game than any of James's performances. His attacking was OK, but how many assists did he have compared to Pearce? His dead ball attempts varied from decent effort to embarrassing ........... bar "that" one, of course.

He filled a hole, but I was more upset about Gary Roberts leaving.

Is it just me who, though encouraged by his early form and "that" free kick, thought he'd drifted into being someone who rarely shone.

His defending was OK, but Darikwa was way better in his first game than any of James's performances. His attacking was OK, but how many assists did he have compared to Pearce? His dead ball attempts varied from decent effort to embarrassing ........... bar "that" one, of course.

He filled a hole, but I was more upset about Gary Roberts leaving.

I think James was he wasn't rubbish, he wasn't great, he was decent. He did well getting a few goals and it's always welcome when defenders chip in, but defensively he was pretty average.

I think he was good compared to what else we had and i did want to keep him but if we weren't in admin and scrambling for players I don't think he'd be a huge loss. But we are where we are so he is a big loss.

Good luck to him at Salford. Don't blame him for picking them over us as without the takeover sorted we can't really make him any promises of a future contract, while at Salford they are in a position to offer him security if he does well on this loan. Also Salford are very ambitious and we are falling apart so i can imagine the sales pitch was much more exciting from Wellens than poor Liam could say to him.