Players coming in ... | Page 26 | Vital Football

Players coming in ...

Both could've left for peanuts last Summer.

Pearce rolled his ankle and by the looks of it has got ligament damage (similar to the injury VSO suffered ).
As long as it's not similar to Masseys injury as he wouldn't be back until Christmas !

At 63 years of age I would have kept a clean sheet yesterday, please don't claim he did anything special against Northampton

At 63 years of age I would have kept a clean sheet yesterday, please don't claim he did anything special against Northampton
He didn't turn his back on play and then pick up a back pass, so he his learning.
Seriously though, a clean sheet is a clean sheet no matter how little he had to do, so we shouldn't have a go at him.

He didn't turn his back on play and then pick up a back pass, so he his learning.
Seriously though, a clean sheet is a clean sheet no matter how little he had to do, so we shouldn't have a go at him.

I wasn't, I was asking why Massey is fair game but Jones is off limits with the same people.

I wasn't, I was asking why Massey is fair game but Jones is off limits with the same people.
Well could be that one has consistently pulled on the shirt (shit or otherwise) and one hasn't very much.
When Massey has played his application has been zero - Chorley FA cup schooled by a gunman, MK Dons hissy fit when (deservedly) subbed off.
Wouldn't be surprised if we never see him in the match day squad again whilst he trousers the clubs largest pay packet (get him on SSP he'd soon be better) - other than that no difference

I don't think Jones is off limits LMB, I have been critical of him in the past, but my defence of his position lately has been around the fact that he has been playing behind a new set of defenders every week.

Last night he had a solid defence in front of him and kept a clean sheet.

I just think that your comments were unfair given the situation that we are in at present. If in the coming weeks we get a settled defence giving him adequate protection and he is still error prone then I will be the first to admit that he should be dropped, but to be calling for his head whilst the defence are losing players in the box and failing to defend crosses is totally unfair on him.

We need to get behind the whole squad at the moment and not be singling players out for unfair criticism, it is the squad as a whole that is responsible for the performances not an individual.