Players coming in ... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Players coming in ...

I would say they are really "young adults", but as that is a bit of a mouth full I'll stick to saying Kids or Youngsters. Thank you very much. :yes:

We need to keep all the -Youth- Team players,
plus any decent signings we can get.

Surely what we need is the money to survive above all else. If that means selling players then so be it, but the admins need to understand that they need to be sold at the going rate, not given away.

I have just seen that Tom Pearce is now being touted as a possible sale. Hopefully any of the new bidders, if they are serious will, tell the admins that the bid is contingent on the current playing staff being intact at the time the bid is passed fit and any sales or acquisitions beyond that time be subject to their approval.

Surely what we need is the money to survive above all else. If that means selling players then so be it, but the admins need to understand that they need to be sold at the going rate, not given away.

I have just seen that Tom Pearce is now being touted as a possible sale. Hopefully any of the new bidders, if they are serious will, tell the admins that the bid is contingent on the current playing staff being intact at the time the bid is passed fit and any sales or acquisitions beyond that time be subject to their approval.

You seem to know more about the admin side of things & running a business in general than me TB so this is a genuine question & not an attempt to try & trip you up - is that workable?
Any bid could fall through & the administrators need funds to pay bills & salaries so if they don't have the readies to pay, say, January's salaries they will automatically look to sell a player to cover this as they're the only real assets the club has left.
There may be a bid in at present but as we have seen twice already the bids can fall through, so if for instance Frampton's bid has been accepted & he says the squad must remain intact, how do the administrators pay the bills & salaries if they're due before any deposit can be put in or the money for the sale paid in full? Or they may agree to the sale of Tom Pearce for instance then the deal for the club falls through & the next in line backs out coz they didn't want any sales

I'd agree with your sentiment ideally but I'm genuinely not sure if it is workable hence me asking

You seem to know more about the admin side of things & running a business in general than me TB so this is a genuine question & not an attempt to try & trip you up - is that workable?
Any bid could fall through & the administrators need funds to pay bills & salaries so if they don't have the readies to pay, say, January's salaries they will automatically look to sell a player to cover this as they're the only real assets the club has left.
There may be a bid in at present but as we have seen twice already the bids can fall through, so if for instance Frampton's bid has been accepted & he says the squad must remain intact, how do the administrators pay the bills & salaries if they're due before any deposit can be put in or the money for the sale paid in full? Or they may agree to the sale of Tom Pearce for instance then the deal for the club falls through & the next in line backs out coz they didn't want any sales

I'd agree with your sentiment ideally but I'm genuinely not sure if it is workable hence me asking

No problem MB.

First and foremost in my post I said after the bid was passed fit, meaning that the admins accepted that they had the cash to purchase and finance the club and the EFL found no reason for them not to pass the directors and owners test. That should basically satisfy the admins that the bid was feasible and would then grant them the opportunity to go for exclusivity on the bid and it would then be reasonable to ask for a deposit.

If in the meantime there was a problem with financing the day to day running of the club they could negotiate with the bidder to advance finance the club. This would of course be at the risk of the buyer as the admins will certainly not guarantee any loans but if the buyer is confident enough about his bid it would be something to consider to enable the club was kept in good shape.

This is the type of thing that IEC did when they bought us from DW by financing the relaying of the pitch.

It would all depend on the bidder and whether he was sure that the sale would progress. Under these conditions I would say it was feasible for the bidder to negotiate the deal with the proviso that no further sales took place as he was providing the finance to maintain the club intact.

I guess at the end of the day it all boils down to how confident you are that the admins are acting in good faith and that you are sure you will pass the necessary EFL test.

Those two are 22 and 23.

Thelo Aasgard - 18
Harry McHugh - 18
Kyle Joseph - 19
Luke Robinson - 19
Charlie Jolley - 19 (20 tomorrow)
Emeka Obi - 19
Adam Long - 20

I think "kids" is a fair assessment Degsy.

Merrie & Perry are both 22

On the subject of players.....Wayne Rooney's Derby County unable to pay their first team squad wages. Probably the first of many clubs to go this way.

How much did we sell Jedi for? I see he was starting for Fulham again tonight. If he keeps going at this rate surely we are going to be due a sell on when he eventually leaves Fulham? Unless the admins screwed is on the deal. Hope JJ advised them on that deal and ensured we would benefit from his next move

How much did we sell Jedi for? I see he was starting for Fulham again tonight. If he keeps going at this rate surely we are going to be due a sell on when he eventually leaves Fulham? Unless the admins screwed is on the deal. Hope JJ advised them on that deal and ensured we would benefit from his next move

Has JJ really got a good track record on negotiated contracts?
I'm not too sure going off past dealings plus the relegation release clause last summer did not help our situation at all.

Sold for £2m wasn't he? Sure I read that his relegation clause was £1.8m but they paid £200k extra and in one lump sum, to stop us being liquidated back in Summer. Presume we might have had to take a little less in add-ons, but imagine we got what seems to be the standard 20% of profit for an actual sell-on clause

No problem MB.

First and foremost in my post I said after the bid was passed fit, meaning that the admins accepted that they had the cash to purchase and finance the club and the EFL found no reason for them not to pass the directors and owners test. That should basically satisfy the admins that the bid was feasible and would then grant them the opportunity to go for exclusivity on the bid and it would then be reasonable to ask for a deposit.

If in the meantime there was a problem with financing the day to day running of the club they could negotiate with the bidder to advance finance the club. This would of course be at the risk of the buyer as the admins will certainly not guarantee any loans but if the buyer is confident enough about his bid it would be something to consider to enable the club was kept in good shape.

This is the type of thing that IEC did when they bought us from DW by financing the relaying of the pitch.

It would all depend on the bidder and whether he was sure that the sale would progress. Under these conditions I would say it was feasible for the bidder to negotiate the deal with the proviso that no further sales took place as he was providing the finance to maintain the club intact.

I guess at the end of the day it all boils down to how confident you are that the admins are acting in good faith and that you are sure you will pass the necessary EFL test.

Cheers TB

Has JJ really got a good track record on negotiated contracts?
I'm not too sure going off past dealings plus the relegation release clause last summer did not help our situation at all.

From reading about various transfers and signings in football in general - it seems that relegation clauses such as reduced salaries, release clauses etc. are quite common in the game now - even players that are 'loyal' to their club want to look after themselves and their families and therefore want to maximise what may be a short career.

In all, I know there was alot of noise around Joffy's contract but has JJ really done that bad???

Could do with a player or two for sat That’s for sure. If the came gets the go ahead

Could def do with a CB John. Last time we played Rochdale we went 5 at the back and were completely done in midfield, I'd hate us to make the same mistake again but Leam might think he needs 5 there due to the lack of experience / quality / leadership in the centre.