Players coming in ... | Page 6 | Vital Football

Players coming in ...

Curtis Tilt with a cryptic post on Twitter this morning indicating that a move may have fallen through for him. There may be a chance that we re-sign him after all.

After sustaining a " calf injury " in November Gavin Massey will still be unavailable until March. I've seen broken legs mend quicker. What an asset this guy is in our hour of desperation.

Bones do mend faster than muscle and tendons mate, however it does seem to be taking a long time.

You are more tolerant than me mate. He doesn't want to know, full stop waste of space.

Not tolerant mate, accepting of the situation more like.

If I were in the same position would I do anything differently?

Probably Yes !

I would offer to cancel my contract but that's just me. If the guy has a young family and mortgage he possibly can't afford to do that.

I know it's hard on us to understand how someone could be injured for so long, however if it is a genuine injury, then as a club we should stand by him, after all, we expect loyalty from the players don't we.

Last update says that he was going to St Georges for treatment, so hopefully they will either say he is fit or faking.

If the guy has a young family and mortgage he possibly can't afford to do that.

The guy has stole £8K a week or more for nearly 4 years, (circa £1.6M).
I'm sure he has managed to squirrel away a few quid to see him through until he rips off his next employer.

Does anyone really want Massey fit? If he was he'd end up playing due to lack of options and he hasn't had a good game in coming up to 2 years. He didn't look fit or up for it pre injury so can't imagine he'd be any better after missing months of training.

We are pobably better off having him not available for selection at this point. Love him to come back on fire and prove me wrong but can't see it happening - the player that ripped Leeds apart on that fateful day seems like he's gone.

Massey is retiring surely? Never fully recovered from his bad hamstring tear just over 2 years ago. He cant run anymore, every time he plays he aggravates another muscle injury as a consequence, you can see how much he struggling on the pitch, it is sad because before that injury he was doing excellently in The Championship but soon to be 29, you have to think, only so much pressure you can keep putting on your body.

No point selling Joseph, analysing tribunal fees for the past few years and we are looking at 2m minimum, keep playing him and keep scoring and his value would only increase. No need to sell this window, 3m kept in the pot on September 1st to cover the 2m wage bill for the entire season, which has since dropped further.

No point selling Joseph, analysing tribunal fees for the past few years and we are looking at 2m minimum, keep playing him and keep scoring and his value would only increase. No need to sell this window, 3m kept in the pot on September 1st to cover the 2m wage bill for the entire season, which has since dropped further.
If we don't get a deposit by next week they'll be every point in selling Joseph. Namely that we have no more money in the bank to pay wages.

Looking at the accounts published by the Admins, there is about £1 million left in the trading accounts.
Not looked but I'm guessing they've not factored in January wages, basic fees such as policing etc for regular match days, Covid testing etc. One million won't get us anywhere near the end of the season.

The transfer window is our last chance to bring any further funds of a significant level into the club. If the sale of Joseph guarantees that we finish the season then I'm afraid that like Alfie Devine and Jenson Weir, we will have no choice but to swallow it.