January Transfer Window | Page 39 | Vital Football

January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Hopper has been a great servant to the club. He has never given less than 100% in any game.
But a move would make sense both for Tom and the club. He is behind House in the pecking order and will struggle to get a game when House is fit. He has struggled with injuries and is nowhere near the player he was for us. A new start might help him rekindle his career. He only has six months left on his contract so would almost certainly have left in the summer. I would suspect he is one of our higher earners as well so this would release valuable funds into the transfer pot.
That is of course if the transfer happens.

Strange one making Hopper club captain, but he does look massively out of sorts and not recovered from his injuries. Seems a real decent person though.

Yeah I still think Poole was the obvious choice but they suspected he might leave? Hopper talks very well, always convinced he gives 100%, was an important part of 20/21 and generally seems like a nice bloke, but it has felt his time here was heading towards the end since he came back from the last injury tbh.

Definitely wish him well!

Regarding Hopper, it does make sense for all parties for him to go.

I’ll always be grateful and thankful for everything he’s done, especially in the Covid season, but he simply isn’t up to the required standard to lead the line in League 1 anymore.

I think when you have squad depth as shallow as ours up front (only House & Hopper as number 9s, really) , it’s not about what you’ve done for us, it’s about what you’re going to do next. He just isn’t going to do much for us between now and the end of the season.

It’s cutthroat, but that’s the business we’re in and it’s what we need to do if we want to progress.

Thoroughly decent lad and great ambassador for the club who chipped in with some decent (and important!) goals, but we need better.

Looking forward to see who we get in as a replacement!

I've heard Will Swan at Mansfield (on loan from Forest) mentioned - pure speculation though.

8 in 20 in the league sounds alright (quite a few or the appearances off the bench) and not far to come here... scored a hat trick in a friendly the other day too.

Had a quick look on stags forum and they said he was a bit lightweight/blows hot and cold. Doesn't sound so much like a Hopper replacement if there's any truth in it, maybe more if vernam goes? And maybe signing him permanently would make more sense?

Not sure whether anyone has posted this item from Monday's Lincs Live page, apologies if so:

"Lincoln City boss Mark Kennedy believes the transfer window is just waiting to kick off ahead of next week's deadline.

The current situation with the Imps, he admits is quiet, but he doesn't envisage that lasting long, and he is putting in the miles in preparation for some business ahead of the window slamming shut."

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/its-going-kick-off-lincoln-8062549

Conor Wickham is the latest name heard through the grapevine…

I think he got mentioned early in the thread, good player but had his injuries, think he was linked with a few of the L1 bigger boys (and bottom end championship) after a decent start to the season for fgr.

Surely the only of guaranteeing a replacement would for the replacement to be signed before Hooper leaves.

Hooper could leave and his replacement fall through then we really would be in the brown stuff With only a day or so left in the window.

As much as I’m happy for Hooper to leave, the no replacement prior to him leaving leaves me concerned.

Surely the only of guaranteeing a replacement would for the replacement to be signed before Hooper leaves.

Hooper could leave and his replacement fall through then we really would be in the brown stuff With only a day or so left in the window.

As much as I’m happy for Hooper to leave, the no replacement prior to him leaving leaves me concerned.
It sounds as though the terms of Hopper's transfer is agreed.

House being only no 9 is a no, no...

So Hopper will go if we can secure the replacement we want and stay if we don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.