January Transfer Window | Page 40 | Vital Football

January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the only of guaranteeing a replacement would for the replacement to be signed before Hooper leaves.

Hooper could leave and his replacement fall through then we really would be in the brown stuff With only a day or so left in the window.

As much as I’m happy for Hooper to leave, the no replacement prior to him leaving leaves me concerned.
So wHooper is swanning off it seems

Regardless of what was in the M.Hortin Twitter feed, surely the club has a forward either signed or pretty certain to sign to even sanction letting Hopper go.

Not sure whether anyone has posted this item from Monday's Lincs Live page, apologies if so:

"Lincoln City boss Mark Kennedy believes the transfer window is just waiting to kick off ahead of next week's deadline.

The current situation with the Imps, he admits is quiet, but he doesn't envisage that lasting long, and he is putting in the miles in preparation for some business ahead of the window slamming shut."

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/its-going-kick-off-lincoln-8062549

It hadn't been posted, but from what I can tell that was just a lame re-hash of MK's pre Burton presser with Radio Lincs only three days earlier. Nothing new. Terrible coverage now from them

Is Mark Whiley still away on his sabbatical? TBH I stopped going on the Echo web site months ago as it seemed they had given up covering the Imps, which has been discussed on here previously.

Vitals is pretty much what I rely on now for heads up from posters along with a weekly catch up via the NewsNow Lincoln City facility.

Last edited:
I hope this doesn't get the thread locked BUT Coventry are close to signing a striker from PNE which may allow Tyler Walker to leave and possibly return here? Timescales may fit quite nicely.

I hope this doesn't get the thread locked BUT Coventry are close to signing a striker from PNE which may allow Tyler Walker to leave and possibly return here? Timescales may fit quite nicely.

I think he has just been coming back from injury so timing might make sense there too, and whereas before I think I might have thought Walker would be loaned to a 'bigger' L1 club, the failed Pompey loan spell makes me think we could sign him?

And a BBC Essex journalist confirming Hopper to sign today. Maybe Walker to us is the step in between.

Walker could be a signing similar to Marquis this time last year where we in effect took over his contract with them paying a percentage.
Wages would still be a sticking point I believe unless Tyler just wants to get back to playing football

BBC Essex reporting a 2 1/2 year contract. No way he was getting that here I think so can see why he would want to move

Hasnt got the worst goal scoring record elsewhere, obviously not easy making an impact in games coming on in the odd games from the subs bench either. We could do a lot worse IMO.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=78132&season_id=153
In fairness I didn't realise he had scored 11 in 29 for Coventry cup and league.
Failed at Portsmouth but only played 9. However , not a player who makes his own chances could get starved at Lincoln. But if played in a two with House up front could well feed of House. So perhaps worth a punt after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.