January Transfer Window | Page 38 | Vital Football

January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll make up a rumour - haven't seen his name connected to us directly, but Jensen Weir (son of David Weir). He has been really good at Morecambe on loan from Brighton and saw a journo saying they faced a fight to keep him in this window.

If we are to return to be a more progressive side playing good football, then Brighton might be minded to move him to a different club? We do have the loan quota issue, but I guess if Oakley-Boothe moved on and with Virtue injured it's not ridiculous.

Also before people say, yes experience would be preferable! Just don't think it sounds mad as a player we might have looked at.

Hopper moving on would seem a believable one but to do so, you'd have to think we would have a replacement striker coming in? I was expecting him to leave in the summer, his time here has probably ran its course and House is the better of the two I think.

Colchester to Southend isn't a million miles away so if he still has a place down there then that would make sense. Colchester haven't exactly been big payers these few years hence fighting to avoid dropping out the league that last 2 or 3 years so from that point of view...?

Hopper moving on would seem a believable one but to do so, you'd have to think we would have a replacement striker coming in? I was expecting him to leave in the summer, his time here has probably ran its course and House is the better of the two I think.

Colchester to Southend isn't a million miles away so if he still has a place down there then that would make sense. Colchester haven't exactly been big payers these few years hence fighting to avoid dropping out the league that last 2 or 3 years so from that point of view...?

I'd also heard Hopper to the cods a few times from the Grimsby side. Having been here and at Scunthorpe and having been in the southeast they seem logical links. I think it's plausible we're listening to offers but like you say, would necessitate us signing a forward.

I thought Hopper was something of the missing piece when injured at the start of the last season and we didn't have anyone who could hold it up, now I think probably run his course. Wasn't first choice when he got back fit and wouldn't be my first choice now behind House, but we do need more than just House!

Now we are out of all cup competitions, do we really need 29 players?

Oakley-Boothe has only started six league games for us, and none since the middle of September. I am slightly surprised we have retained him on that basis - I understand the need to have a body in the building in case of (more) injuries, but he looks unlikely to play otherwise. Is it fair to keep a player who knows he is not in contention?

Vernam has also started only six league games, all in November and December before dropping out again; is he now surplus too?

Hopper has managed 16 league appearances (10 starts) but has not scored a league goal since the middle of August. Injuries have played a part in that, but it is no surprise to see him linked with League Two.

I think Oakley-Boothe is still with us because he's part of that 'chain'. I can see him going back next week when (if) there is movement. May get shipped out again immediately to a L2 club. If it fails to happen we still have him for the rest of the season as a back-up.

Not against Hopper going. A good servant that shone with Johnson, Scully, Rogers and Grant with some massive goals for us but hasn’t quite hit the levels since. Can’t doubt his commitment.

Hope the club have someone lined up to announce otherwise the trolls will be out in force.

I think Oakley-Boothe is still with us because he's part of that 'chain'. I can see him going back next week when (if) there is movement. May get shipped out again immediately to a L2 club. If it fails to happen we still have him for the rest of the season as a back-up.

Are there ever clauses that you can't terminate loans? I remember that weird line from Radio Lincs about Oakley-Boothe making personal sacrifices or whatever it was so no idea what types of clauses etc there could be?

I think the one in one out theory is more plausible though.

Yep, Ryan Whelan saying deal agreed too (and that Hartlepool were also interested).

Hopper and Akinde up front for Colcehster?

According to some posts on the Fishy I read that Colchester are about £25m in debt? If true that’s an insane amount.

You'd have thought we have some irons in the fire for a replacement for Tom Hopper if the reports are true...

Could I suggest Jayden Stockley as a possible as he has been linked with a move away from Charlton. Doesn't quite fit our normal buy-ins as he'll be 30 in September but just might fit an 18 month bill??

You'd have thought we have some irons in the fire for a replacement for Tom Hopper if the reports are true...

Could I suggest Jayden Stockley as a possible as he has been linked with a move away from Charlton. Doesn't quite fit our normal buy-ins as he'll be 30 in September but just might fit an 18 month bill??

I said the same somewhere about Stockley - it has a whiff of Marquis to me which isn't neccessarily ideal but he knows where the goal is (got 20 last season!) and knows the league. Imagine he would be on a hefty wage.

For quite a while it sounded like he was dropping to Gillingham but that hasn't gone through yet. I did wonder if Exeter might also be keen having had him before?

Status
Not open for further replies.