January Transfer Window | Page 59 | Vital Football

January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with you again Strange ! I think House has been playing out of position.He is definitely better playing behind the front
I have a vague recollection of an interview (possibly a pre-match presser🤔) with
Ben where he was asked what his preferred position was and I thought he actually said he preferred playing as a sort of 8/10, winning the ball and running at defenders. Might be wrong but just something there rattling around in the background. Having said that he added that he would play wherever the coach wanted him to play.

According to someone on The Fishy Lincoln and Grimsby are now in agreement over a deal for Vernam and its down to the player now. Seems theres no other interest in him.

Nowt like giving players a chance. Welcome to Lincoln.
Boyes was very good in the one full game he played at MK- certainly gave more wing back movement than Roughan did who is a CB not a full back or wing back. Shodipo we've seen for two parts of a game!

Give them a chance

This all came about from fellow posters asking on here for opinions on how Boyes and Shodipo played away at MK Dons. I’m aware not many regular posters on here go to many away matches so it’s a fair question to ask. I went and I offered my honest opinion on how they played and how I think they will get on playing in the future. It was just my opinion I couldn’t really give a flying Feck whether anyone approves of my opinion or not. Who knows I may be wrong and they turn into world beaters and LCFC legends but my opinion at the moment is they won’t be first choice regulars. If anyone doesn’t want my opinion feel free to block or heaven forbid go to a game in person and offer your own opinion.

Went to MK ..... For another view.....Shodipo had about 3 touches one of which was a cross which missed its target by about 10 yards, which was probably so as not to show off, as that was about par for a not very thrilling game....but absolutely nothing to judge by really.

Boyes - I thought looked tidy - nothing more, nothing less...and for an early outing was quite promising.

....but not much evidence to agree or disagree with any strongly held view

This all came about from fellow posters asking on here for opinions on how Boyes and Shodipo played away at MK Dons. I’m aware not many regular posters on here go to many away matches so it’s a fair question to ask. I went and I offered my honest opinion on how they played and how I think they will get on playing in the future. It was just my opinion I couldn’t really give a flying Feck whether anyone approves of my opinion or not. Who knows I may be wrong and they turn into world beaters and LCFC legends but my opinion at the moment is they won’t be first choice regulars. If anyone doesn’t want my opinion feel free to block or heaven forbid go to a game in person and offer your own opinion.

Thanks- I haven't missed a game home or away since Chippenham (that includes Southampton on a Tuesday night). Like I said in a following post, football would be boring if we had the same opinion on a goal/player/formation etc. That's why football is what it is. Black and white rarely exist.

Thanks- I haven't missed a game home or away since Chippenham (that includes Southampton on a Tuesday night). Like I said in a following post, football would be boring if we had the same opinion on a goal/player/formation etc. That's why football is what it is. Black and white rarely exist.
Thanks for pointing out the Southampton game was on a Tuesday night, here I was thinking it was on a Sunday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.