January Transfer Window | Page 37 | Vital Football

January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGrandles would have been our 7th loan. being one week from the deadline I am thinking that we won't be sending anyone back now so I really don't see another loan coming in now.

Last edited:
Keep it on the topic or I'm locking the thread!

If it is something else Lincoln City related, start a new thread, and if it isn't, go over to Open Terrace & Off Topic, where you can start a new thread or find an appropriate thread to post it.

Thread about transfers has conversations about the success of our transfers... at a time we're not really linked with many players. It's the only really active thread and there haven't been any rumours really apart from Armstrong and Langstaff over the last week or so. There would just be no posts at all otherwise.

Plus I think the discussion about the recruitment in the main is fair (I'm not really sure why in some eyes, talking about the recruitment and why it hasn't quite worked so well for a season or two is always so unreasonable - none of it is like the above caricature, there are balanced posts on both sides in this thread and players or staff on the footballing side never seem to get that kind of defence that you can't talk about it).

So why not start a thread about overall recruitment? Then leave this thread to the topic it is about.

So, we have 6 players in on loan: Rushworth, Boyes, Oakley-Boothe, Virtue, Diamond & Shodipo.

Assuming the deadline has passed for these players to be recalled/returned, I can’t see us signing another on loan.

I know we can have more loanees as long as we only name 5 in a matchday squad, but can we seriously consider having 7/8 loan players knocking about, knowing 2/3 won’t be in the reckoning most weeks?

We could turn Virtue’s loan into a permanent deal, but otherwise it’s looking like we’ll have to spend a bit on getting players through the door on a 6/12/18 month contract.

I’m terms of rumours, I’ve only heard Ethan Hamilton recently. But as he’s starting for Accrington tonight, who knows? Not convinced they’d sell to us anyway.

Charlie Savage (19) linked to FGR on loan. Shame we weren’t in for him, likes to get stuck in and has decent pedigree.

Midfielder at Man Utd, son of Robbie.

So, we have 6 players in on loan: Rushworth, Boyes, Oakley-Boothe, Virtue, Diamond & Shodipo.

Assuming the deadline has passed for these players to be recalled/returned, I can’t see us signing another on loan.

I know we can have more loanees as long as we only name 5 in a matchday squad, but can we seriously consider having 7/8 loan players knocking about, knowing 2/3 won’t be in the reckoning most weeks?

We could turn Virtue’s loan into a permanent deal, but otherwise it’s looking like we’ll have to spend a bit on getting players through the door on a 6/12/18 month contract.

I’m terms of rumours, I’ve only heard Ethan Hamilton recently. But as he’s starting for Accrington tonight, who knows? Not convinced they’d sell to us anyway.

Hamilton out of contract in the summer but could be the difference for a team for the next few months, and might have a few suitors too? From what I've heard about him sounds about what we'd want though...

Hamilton out of contract in the summer but could be the difference for a team for the next few months, and might have a few suitors too? From what I've heard about him sounds about what we'd want though...

He’s definitely a realistic target for the summer, but I imagine they’re not cashing in on him in this window for the same reason we’re not selling Poole.

Hami
Hamilton is a decent League One player, he’s got a cultured left peg and would be a step up from what we have. To compare you need to think Ellis Chapman but better physique and energy. Must be mid 20s now so pretty experienced, first remember him playing for Rochdale I think against us 4 years or so ago and always seems to play well against us

Hamilton is a decent League One player, he’s got a cultured left peg and would be a step up from what we have. To compare you need to think Ellis Chapman but better physique and energy. Must be mid 20s now so pretty experienced, first remember him playing for Rochdale I think against us 4 years or so ago and always seems to play well against us

I don't often remember opposition players unless they really standout (like Ilias Chair or whoever over the last few years!) but did think their midfield looked good when they beat us at their place at the end of last season and we struggled to get a handle on the game.

Sounds interesting as a rumour (and there haven't been many for central midfield) but a tricky one to get done as trickyimps says if 1) likely a few suitors 2) current rival 3) think he may be able to get a good deal with someone as a free agent in the summer?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.