January Transfer Window | Page 41 | Vital Football

January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Walker, I think it's pretty obvious why he comes up regularly - not everyone watches loads of other EFL teams, he scored goals for us, not that many strikers have actually scored that many for us, and he has often seemed available.

I think though to call Walker a one hit wonder is a bit harsh - scored here, was pretty prolific at Mansfield, and got 8 or so in the Championship that first season for Coventry although a bit bit part/injured since.

I'm not sure he's a sensible swap for Hopper though if we're going to play 1 up front (as most things have indicated we are, whether its 4-2-3-1 or 3-4-3/5-2-3. And I don't think he's the type of player you want to play wide (like he did a bit at Coventry) just get on the end of stuff...

Apparently Hopper signing today for Colchester. If we have nobody coming in it means Draper and or Makama or Kendall on the bench on Saturday.

Apparently Hopper signing today for Colchester. If we have nobody coming in it means Draper and or Makama or Kendall on the bench on Saturday.

I am a tiny bit perplexed by it, just like the wording of Michael Hortin's tweet is "The major challenge for the Imps if it does will be to make sure they have a replacement." and "the club's aim" would be one in one out, but it sounds like we won't have a deal for someone else done by the weekend based on that tweet (which could fall through)? That's a bit frustrating as I'm sure Hopper would have played some part at the weekend even if off the bench for House, whereas Colchester get the benefit from him for the weekend while we wait.

Would seem the worst of all worlds if we can't get a replacement in - it sounds like we have been waiting for other players who we can't sign until other teams sign a replacement but that isn't what is happening for us in this instance?

Hopefully a deal is just pretty much done in the background?

Last edited:
This is me making rumours up again but to throw one out there - George Evans from Millwall (I think he might be a level above what we could get but just speculating based off the thing about him going)? It sounds like he'd be allowed to leave but Millwall would want a replacement in first. Holding midfielder/centre back (the former makes some sense)?

Millwall fans don't seem to rate him but he has been linked with Huddersfield which would be a step up from us salary wise/maybe staying in the Championship, so would possibly be a coup/out of range for us. So pure speculation. Would probably have to be a loan % of salary if that was doable.

I think he briefly crossed over with Kennedy at Man City based on the 2016 dates (although probably would have been too old for the academy and that is almost certainly 2+2=5...)

They may be starting, i can think or two or three time this season MK has said House has had to walk in off the training ground with a minor knock.

It would be just our luck that it happens again if Hopper goes and his replacement is not in the building until next week.

They may be starting, i can think or two or three time this season MK has said House has had to walk in off the training ground with a minor knock.

It would be just our luck that it happens again if Hopper goes and his replacement is not in the building until next week.
Sounds good then !!:rolleyes:

If Walker does come he only started training after an Injury on 19th Jan. So no way can I see him being ready to play.

Two striker outgoings in the last half hour might indicate an inbound tonight otherwise you'd have thought at least one of those deals being delayed until after Saturday.
Might be an interesting evening

That makes me a little nervous...

I'm assuming Kennedy's thoughts are what a great pro Hopper has been etc rather than oh god I didn't want him to leave :lol:

Typical Lincoln City, always short of a striker or two in the January transfer window.

Started in 2019 with us needing someone and we got Lee Angol, at the time it was extremely disappointing. Since then we have never replaced what we've lost or bolstered the threadbare striking line we have.

Frustrating.

That makes me a little nervous...

I'm assuming Kennedy's thoughts are what a great pro Hopper has been etc rather than oh god I didn't want him to leave :lol:

Very Scary if you ask me, anything could happen to take the proposed new player down. (Unless already signed and not ready to announce for some reason).

Very Scary if you ask me, anything could happen to take the proposed new player down. (Unless already signed and not ready to announce for some reason).

Yeah I'd have thought the BBC Lincs updates might have been a bit more positive if the latter was the case. I think there might be an argument for two forwards with Hopper/Kendall out the door but big ask of House atm!

Or we could be held to ransom by Player or Club as it doesn't take rocket science to understand our position as we are all talking about it.

Yeah I'd have thought the BBC Lincs updates might have been a bit more positive if the latter was the case. I think there might be an argument for two forwards with Hopper/Kendall out the door but big ask of House atm!
Is House fit again?
If not, what do we have for Saturday's MASSIVE SIX POINTER?

Status
Not open for further replies.