I hate what the world is becoming | Page 5 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

Been wall to wall over here as well BB, that's why I think the I didn't know it was Megan's line in many ways gave the BBC no choice.

So you think he meant it as a blatant racist tweet? If that truly is the case, he deserves everything he gets.

But there can't be any middle ground, it's racist or it isn't.

I've never had him down as a racist, but for him to suggest he didn't know about Meghan is utter bollocks. And he must know about her mixed race parentage, so at best it demonstrates what a total idiot he is, and at worst...

Either way, it will make zero difference to my life as I never listen to Radio 5 and haven't seen/heard him in anything for quite some time now.

Frank Skinners show at the same time on a Saturday morning is better anyway.

Too right .

Just forget he is a Tesco bag and it's brilliant.
I don't like Danny Baker and his show on 5 live is awful.
Followed by the second most awful 5 live programme in Fighting Talk
Although I have answered some questions on fighting talk for someone I know who is on there fairly regularly.

Spoiler alert . They get the questions the day before.:eek!:

I've never had him down as a racist, but for him to suggest he didn't know about Meghan is utter bollocks. And he must know about her mixed race parentage, so at best it demonstrates what a total idiot he is, and at worst...

Either way, it will make zero difference to my life as I never listen to Radio 5 and haven't seen/heard him in anything for quite some time now.

That's the thing though JPA, did he know? As I've said, I hadn't a clue, I thought the one having the baby was Kate whatsherface, I could not be any less clued in. Not just cos I'm Irish, my mother and sister are obsessed with all that royal stuff, but I couldn't care less.

But I agree, if he did know, and even tweeted that without any intent, it's utterly stupid.

Not being a Twitter user, I find the whole thing baffling. From the outside, it looks like Twitter is policed by a very zealous bunch of the hysterical left.

As a Twitter user for many years, you've hit that nail right on the head. The left have become totalitarian without evening realising it. People are getting banned now for absolutely nothing except having a different point of view. Nothing to do with this "terms of agreement" bollocks either.

Facebook and Instagram are at it too. They've all been merged now, so it's no surprise.

Things are getting very weird.

Modern art is now over 150 years old.

All depends really doesn't it? I think the words "modern art" are now synonymous with the kind of utter trash that passes as art, such as a collection of pubic hair or feces, or a fucking chair sitting in the middle of the room. Meaningless wank created by wankers.

I certainly wouldn't put the likes of Van Gogh or Gaugain in that category if modern art is supposed to stretch back that long.

tmg513 said:
Modern art is now over 150 years old.
All depends really doesn't it? I think the words "modern art" are now synonymous with the kind of utter trash that passes as art, such as a collection of pubic hair or feces, or a fucking chair sitting in the middle of the room. Meaningless wank created by wankers.

I certainly wouldn't put the likes of Van Gogh or Gaugain in that category if modern art is supposed to stretch back that long.
Your reaction to contemporary art is precisely the same as Van Gogh (who never sold a painting in his lifetime) or Gauguin provoked over a century ago. I'm not having a pop at you btw, it's just a subject I find interesting.

As a Twitter user for many years, you've hit that nail right on the head. The left have become totalitarian without evening realising it. People are getting banned now for absolutely nothing except having a different point of view. Nothing to do with this "terms of agreement" bollocks either.

Facebook and Instagram are at it too. They've all been merged now, so it's no surprise.

Things are getting very weird.

It's not the left. It's a tiny minority of very social media savvy bullies.

I think the terms left and right have become redundant. Our own Leo has a very progressive social agenda while he wants 40 'living spaces' to share 1 kitchen and is awarding a financially ruinous €3bn project to his chief financier.

He'll have kids sweeping chimneys next.

I'll admit I am a Danny Baker fan! I saw the original tweet and immediately thought it was reference to the spot he occasionally does on his show - Chimps dressed as famous people announced to fairground music. It isn't side splittingly funny but he seems to like it.

I'd jumped back on to Twitter a while later and saw the furore. It was only at that point that the racial connotation with Meghan whatever her name is dawned on me.

He has used that photo before and I'm pretty sure he used it for the birth of one of Williams kiddies. So I'm not sure there was racist intent but pretty stupid none the less.

I'd been on Twitter to check my own feed. I'd been commenting on the Jess Philips situation. Criticising the rape comments. The responses I was getting as a result were quite sinister at times. It doesn't bother me that much but I was surprised at the volume of evil keyboard warriors. I do think social media is inherently bad!

The Danny Baker thing is ridiculous. it seems it doesn't matter what people say or do, or the intent in which things are said and done, it's all down to the people receiving the information... if their minds are sick and twisted then anything can be conceived as being offensive.

As Danny said, he would have used the same image if it had been any other royal, or Boris Johnson or whoever having a baby.

It reminds me of when it all kicked off with some clothing store or other when they had a black kid advertising a cheeky monkey t-shirt. Whats wrong with that? if people want to look at that and take it in a racist way then thats their problem. Surely it's more racist saying that black kids can't model it and it's a white only modelling job?

Surely black kids and white kids can both be cheeky little monkeys?

Fucking snowflakes!! I'm getting angry typing now!!!

As for Danny Baker himself I can take him or leave him, he's funny enough at times... but I'll never forgive him for killing Bob Marley!

Agreed Cheshire, it's a bile ridden place. I think forums like this are better, we do as a community at least try to stop the extreme posters and the level of bile/hatred that twitter and facebook allow.

Danny was silly, shouldn't have to think about things like this, as you say deano, kids are cheeky little monkeys (something I often said, and then stopped for fear of this sort of thing) but he isn't thick and must know what twitter/media is like these days.

It's not the left. It's a tiny minority of very social media savvy bullies.

I think the terms left and right have become redundant. Our own Leo has a very progressive social agenda while he wants 40 'living spaces' to share 1 kitchen and is awarding a financially ruinous €3bn project to his chief financier.

He'll have kids sweeping chimneys next.

I do agree the terms left and right have become redundant. I would have always considered myself a slightly left leaning person, but not in whatever it's supposed to mean now. Authoritarianism and censorship?

The "left" I was referring to was the Silicon Valley tech giants who are all very "left-leaning" and "liberal", yet are working together to shut people down who they don't agree with. They are dictating what extremism and hate speech are.

Your reaction to contemporary art is precisely the same as Van Gogh (who never sold a painting in his lifetime) or Gauguin provoked over a century ago. I'm not having a pop at you btw, it's just a subject I find interesting.

lol, you're probably right, but my opinion is still the same.

For me art has to have some kind of artistic merit or talent. Painting a chair red does not take talent. Painting a canvas yellow and saying it's a piece of art does not take talent. Maybe the talent is the way they can attach such "deep meanings" to these pieces of shit.

I'm not saying it's all bad of course, it's a very broad spectrum, but I'm sure you know the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

No doubt these little arses have mobile phones, tablets, Xbox, PS, laptops .
I think the only way they will truly understand the consequences of their actions would be to find the highest building in their area. Then make them watch as someone drops said items as listed from the top.

Such a shame that thought of thing. Just so senseless. I know to some they might think it a small or petty incident but those sorts of things are the pride and joy of just nice normal people.

Total lack of respect.