I hate what the world is becoming | Page 4 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

They forgot the F in art, much like the C in rap.

I'd expect kids to wear something like that up until the age of 5, then we grow up surely? But that applies to modern art full stop in my mind.

And yes, the wider point, it makes a nonsense of those with valid points and whilst they think they are being clever, all it actually achieves is making a mockery and fuelling the counter point.

I don't think I have an opinion! lol

I do despair how these women dress though, they look like pole dancers and have some horribly suggestive dance moves. They have kids watching this stuff.

I see Danny Baker has been sacked by the BBC for tweeting a "racist" tweet in relation to the new royal baby or whatever you call it.

Seems like a very innocent mistake to me. Then again maybe he woke up that morning and said "fuck it, you know what, I really fancy losing my job today and ruining my career"

I think what more did Baker was his defence of himself, arguing that it was his time to be stuck in a twitter barrel and rather than fronting up that he completely missed the connotation, he basically said those who saw it as racist were racists themselves.

Saying he didn't know it was Megan and he thought it was one of the others certainly didn't help his cause.

I see Danny Baker has been sacked by the BBC for tweeting a "racist" tweet in relation to the new royal baby or whatever you call it.

Seems like a very innocent mistake to me. Then again maybe he woke up that morning and said "fuck it, you know what, I really fancy losing my job today and ruining my career"

I think Danny Baker is a complete and utter bellend and I don't think for one second it was an innocent mistake. I do, however, think the BBC have totally over-reacted, almost as if they were looking for a reason to get rid.

Considering some of the things BBC presenters have done (past and present), this is very small beer in comparison. A rebuke and a spell off air would have been plenty sufficient in my humble.

Totally agree JPA: how the hell would anyone think they are going to get away with it

I think what more did Baker was his defence of himself, arguing that it was his time to be stuck in a twitter barrel and rather than fronting up that he completely missed the connotation, he basically said those who saw it as racist were racists themselves.

Saying he didn't know it was Megan and he thought it was one of the others certainly didn't help his cause.

I must have missed a few of those things he said, I thought he did say he missed the connnotation and doesn't know much about the royals?

I had no idea what the big fuss was about until I found out Megans mother is black. I didn't even know she was mixed race. Because I know fuck all or couldn't care a jot about the royal family.

I think Danny Baker is a complete and utter bellend and I don't think for one second it was an innocent mistake. I do, however, think the BBC have totally over-reacted, almost as if they were looking for a reason to get rid.

Considering some of the things BBC presenters have done (past and present), this is very small beer in comparison. A rebuke and a spell off air would have been plenty sufficient in my humble.

So you think he meant it as a blatant racist tweet? If that truly is the case, he deserves everything he gets.

But there can't be any middle ground, it's racist or it isn't.

He built on his original apology in Tweets and then repeated after sacking when interviewed from what I can tell, but some stuff (definitely the original tweet) have been deleted. I do have some sympathy, but a little bit of doubt given his experience, but I think it was his reaction that more did it with the BBC as it came off that he was the wronged party.

Sticking to the straight apology, look at my history/tweeting behaviour, I just stupidly and regrettably missed the connotation, and I don't think it would've gone further.

Sticking to the straight apology, look at my history/tweeting behaviour, I just stupidly and regrettably missed the connotation, and I don't think it would've gone further.

That should be the case I agree, but not in outrage world. Dara O'Brien has been fighting fire all day on Twitter for merely suggesting there's been an overreaction, and that Baker made a mistake.

Well he is either a racist or completely stupid.

What gets me with these things is that despite him saying that he is not racist and it was not intended as racist the judge and jury have decided without a trial that he is racist and it was intended as racist. He has no right to reply. Well he has one but it doesn't matter as the world has decided that what he says now is irrelevant.

Agree, the main issue for doubt is I find it hard to believe he heard royal baby but not Megan, as he didn't deny he knew she was mixed race, he just denied I think that he knew it was her kid born.

But, Christ, we all do it at points on here - you go with a line of thought for argument or joke and completely miss something that's obvious the next day when you read it back - difference is we tend to agree/understand it was missed rather than deliberate.

But going I've been wronged doubled down the focus I think and he backed himself into a corner.

And agree Melon, I think he's a bit of a knob albeit an innocent one - he's just not for me - but I've never caught wind that he was a bit Nigel Farage and UKIP - but got to be black or white these days hasn't it - no pun intended.

The BBC actually had someone on who does a radio podcast or something or other - berated Baker, yet admitted she still admired Alan Sugar after his tweets and she saw them differently, which confused me.

Not being a Twitter user, I find the whole thing baffling. From the outside, it looks like Twitter is policed by a very zealous bunch of the hysterical left.

I have a real problem with the 'trial by angry mob' system that Twitter seems to have spawned.

As for Baker, I can't believe he didn't know Harry and Megan had a baby a few days ago. It's in every newspaper and media outlet in Malaysia so I'm sure it has been wall-to-wall coverage there.