I hate what the world is becoming | Page 7 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

I may be old fashioned, but some "artist" gets to be onstage at Glastonbury and talk poetry in a monotone voice to a backing track ala kareoke and thousands of people watch it. Then some kid gets onstage and imitates someone talking poetry in a monotone voice over a backing track and he gets on GMB! THe worlds gone nuts!

I had to explain to my kids what bike sheds were the other day. The only people who cycle in Malaysia are Cambodians.

I may be old fashioned, but some "artist" gets to be onstage at Glastonbury and talk poetry in a monotone voice to a backing track ala kareoke and thousands of people watch it. Then some kid gets onstage and imitates someone talking poetry in a monotone voice over a backing track and he gets on GMB! THe worlds gone nuts!

It's utter shite isn't it?

It is the only thing where I am right wing I think. I could halve the population of prisons I think. A good few just need help, education, attention for addiction, some coaching in life. A good few just need to be eliminated. That then gives the time to help those who need help, punish those who can be reformed etc.

I know the counter arguments, but still, for me, some don't deserve life or to cost the country (any country) what they do for their incarceration.

I'd be more than happy to pay extra taxes to build more prisons and ensure that life means life for certain offences . And so that, for example ,people who want to run around with knives get a prison sentence rather than a community sentence. There has to be substantial deterrent.

I was unsure on the death penalty a few years ago because of too frequent miscarriages of justices. But now that the CPS require such high charging standards if you get to court you are guilty and those found not guilty wriggle out through clever defences or police/cps cock ups .

Proper miscarriages that have gone on are now pretty rare I presume.

200w.webp

Lammy's not my favourite, but that's a bloody good response - fair play to him.