European Super League | Page 32 | Vital Football

European Super League

I'm starting to think I shouldn't believe everything Florentino Perez says 100%. Call me paranoid but there's just something that has me doubting his trustworthiness.

I'll happily call you paranoid - but I've joined you on this one lol

I'm starting to think I shouldn't believe everything Florentino Perez says 100%. Call me paranoid but there's just something that has me doubting his trustworthiness.

That is a shocking and spiteful thing to say Platypus.

This man is trying to save football, haven't you been paying attention!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be saying Sepp Blatter wasn't on the up and up next. Goodness me.

:rofl:

Another one I read said they all have large fees to pay if they leave the group.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

Still say it is funny watching Sky shit themselves over all this, apart from the fact you can be relegated, they did do the same to the football league.

I’d like to know who is the beneficiary of this supposed clause. Perhaps JP Morgan are due a few quid, but Perez is fooling no one claiming these clubs have huge fees to pay. Perhaps small fees but they knew the risk of what they signed up to and probably knew it was a non starter anyway, so I’d be surprised if they have huge sums to pay.

I wonder which three European clubs are in the most serious financial trouble. Let me take a guess: Real Madrid, Juventus and Barcelona. :hmmm:

Perhaps Madrid are fearful that the Spanish government won't give them millions in a brown paper bag to keep them solvent as they have in the past..... I remember a story doing the rounds about 20 years ago that said they sold their training ground land to the government and then "bought" it back for the equivalent of a pound......

Who actually owns the ESL anyway? I assume that the 12 clubs who signed up effectively do. In which case they can have a meeting and vote whether to continue or not. Wonder which way that would go :halo:

Of course it might be owned by J.P.Morgan ...

Giving out fines to these clubs won’t have much effect unless it’s in the multi millions. Give them a twelve month transfer ban. They’ve got big enough squads to cope....just... and it’ll stop them plundering everybody else’s playing assets.
Jack won’t have to buy a new house then.

Who actually owns the ESL anyway? I assume that the 12 clubs who signed up effectively do. In which case they can have a meeting and vote whether to continue or not. Wonder which way that would go :halo:

Of course it might be owned by J.P.Morgan ...

It was barely set up before it failed, I suspect they have some form of organisation live which all the clubs invested a relatively small amount in, and might have done disposal costs to deal with from the failed operation. That’s the extent to which I can see there being financial cost from the project

I wonder which three European clubs are in the most serious financial trouble. Let me take a guess: Real Madrid, Juventus and Barcelona. :hmmm:

Perhaps Madrid are fearful that the Spanish government won't give them millions in a brown paper bag to keep them solvent as they have in the past..... I remember a story doing the rounds about 20 years ago that said they sold their training ground land to the government and then "bought" it back for the equivalent of a pound......
Yes but it was the ayuntamiento...local council. The proxy war between Francoistas and the separatists to the east.

In other bullshit news, the Glazers are being reported to be open to offers of £4bn for Man Utd. I'll bet they are. If anyone thinks that's a good deal, I'll sell you my business for only £1bn.

Please rename Old Trafford something wank like the Haribo Stadium or the Kleenex Stadium Fieldy

Nothing would be off the cards, after all, following my massive investment of a quid I'd need other revenue to service the debt whilst taking a wage, bonuses and dividends would I.