European Super League | Page 30 | Vital Football

European Super League

Funny how the more financially broke they are the more desperate they appear.

Vete a la Mierda Thieves.

BARCA PRESIDENT STANDS BY SUPER LEAGUE IDEA
Barcelona President Joan Laporta maintained his support for a European Super League this afternoon saying it is “absolutely necessary.”
"It is absolutely necessary," Laporta said on Catalan public television in his first public comments on the project. "The biggest clubs create the most financial resources and we must have our say in deciding how the earnings are shared.
"We are keeping a prudent stance. It is a necessity, but our club members will have the final word."

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/european-super-league.115031/page-29

We Villa fans shouldn't be too smug about all this. We have welcomed billionaires with open arms and want their cash thrown around like confetti. Are these not exactly the type of people who would have gone for the ESL? We are part of the same shitty disease but dodged the bullet this time.

I don't think so. Ok, I maybe biased, but they come across as a couple of guys with integrity. They're are investing into the club, they come across as the good guys not money men looking to make more.

Funny how the more financially broke they are the more desperate they appear.

Vete a la Mierda Thieves.

BARCA PRESIDENT STANDS BY SUPER LEAGUE IDEA
Barcelona President Joan Laporta maintained his support for a European Super League this afternoon saying it is “absolutely necessary.”
"It is absolutely necessary," Laporta said on Catalan public television in his first public comments on the project. "The biggest clubs create the most financial resources and we must have our say in deciding how the earnings are shared.
"We are keeping a prudent stance. It is a necessity, but our club members will have the final word."

Hard to take financial advice seriously off a guy who has left a football club €1billion in debt with such huge sums wasted on terrible transfers and bloated player contracts

I personally don't want to ever see Rangers fans anywhere near Villa Park again and the same applies to the Celtic gobshytes.

I think you could say that's a no from me.

just happened to be in the paddock pub newtown, when the rangers supporters shot in, i have never been so frightened in my life, me and my mate were frozen to the wall as they wrecked the place, we were very lucky they didnt see the celtic photo behind the bar, but we lived to tell the tale ,seanie

just happened to be in the paddock pub newtown, when the rangers supporters shot in, i have never been so frightened in my life, me and my mate were frozen to the wall as they wrecked the place, we were very lucky they didnt see the celtic photo behind the bar, but we lived to tell the tale ,seanie

IF OZZY Osbourne's former pub landlady ever meets the Prince of Darkness again, she knows exactly what she'll say: "Oi! You still owe me for two pints."

Doreen Gibbons used to run The Paddock pub, in Newtown Row, Aston, with husband Michael when Ozzy was an aspiring singer.

But the retired 70-year-old said she will never forget what a "cheeky devil" Ozzy was and how in the late 1960s he begged Doreen to give him two pints of beer on the "never never".

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/ozzys-ex-landlady-wants-him-to-cough-42434

I remember the Lamplighter pub when it was built and opened late 60's in Newtown. I used it sometimes with Pat Mulleady even though I was under-age!

Anyway, seanie, this sort of thing is for the memories thread so if you want to further this talk please do it via private message so we don't bore the others to death reminiscing about Aston, etc!)

Now back on topic about the greedy ones!

Last edited:
20:08

14 PL CLUBS DETERMINED TO PUNISH ESL REBELS
The 14 PL clubs not involved in the breakaway European Super League this evening remain resolute in their demands for the Big Six clubs to be punished – and their representatives removed from key positions within the Premier League.

A chief executive from one of the 14 Premier League club not involved in the ESL has told Sky Sports News:
  • Little if any trust remains in the officials from Big Six clubs represented on PL committees and working groups.
  • Big Six officials were privy to highly sensitive information about the inner workings of the league, its finances and business relationships, which could have been particularly useful to those planning and financing a breakaway league.
  • The official said he felt “betrayed” and could no longer trust his fellow PL committee members who he believes must now be removed from their league positions.
https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11095/12279732/european-super-league-plans-live-updates

20:08

14 PL CLUBS DETERMINED TO PUNISH ESL REBELS
The 14 PL clubs not involved in the breakaway European Super League this evening remain resolute in their demands for the Big Six clubs to be punished – and their representatives removed from key positions within the Premier League.

A chief executive from one of the 14 Premier League club not involved in the ESL has told Sky Sports News:
  • Little if any trust remains in the officials from Big Six clubs represented on PL committees and working groups.
  • Big Six officials were privy to highly sensitive information about the inner workings of the league, its finances and business relationships, which could have been particularly useful to those planning and financing a breakaway league.
  • The official said he felt “betrayed” and could no longer trust his fellow PL committee members who he believes must now be removed from their league positions.
https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11095/12279732/european-super-league-plans-live-updates

Wasn't that bulk of the Steve Parish interview they carried this morning or yesterday?

He doesn't get it does he. Those 12 clubs created the biggest financial debts in football. Everybody knows they're only interested in getting their hands on money which will help plug those debts.

We talk about fan power, but Barca is owned by the fans. Delusional gits who're happy to see their club increase their advantage over others.

He doesn't get it does he. Those 12 clubs created the biggest financial debts in football. Everybody knows they're only interested in getting their hands on money which will help plug those debts.

We talk about fan power, but Barca is owned by the fans. Delusional gits who're happy to see their club increase their advantage over others.

Germany is how you do fan ownership. Spain should keep their mouths shut unless they want a Gov audit. But I do believe that's why some clubs really clamp down on any Catalan independence support - the rug wouldn't be pulled, it'd be burnt from under them if it ever happened.

Then again, some others in Spain are no better who that doesn't apply to. At points they make Sectarian hooliganism look amateur, let alone our violence in the 70's.

At that level sadly they don't see it, hence so many real world companies living on investor money whilst claiming to be worth billions to shareholders. The whole thing is a nonsense.

It's the figure against Spurs which is frightening. Over $1billion in debt. And no obvious way to reduce it. Maybe a fire sale is indeed on.

That is truly asset based in fairness though, it's the Stadium which will earn money on non-match days so it's not an FFP issue. Cash flow is their trouble unless Lewis keeps stocking them up. It ran to what, £700/800 million in the end? I just remember it was massively over budget which was £650.

Playing staff wise, they have the better wriggle room owing to wage budgets - the unknown is after their on pitch issues who will stay and how much has Bale really cost them?