European Super League | Page 34 | Vital Football

European Super League

It's because those three have publicly not abandoned the idea so UEFA have to go harder on them.

I hoped UEFA would be harder than individual PL sanctions, but now let's see what we do.

I'm not expecting anything other than a small fine from the premier league either when really it should of been points deductions and huge fines. With the money going to lower league clubs with the exception of those based in the suburbs of Small Heath and Sandwell.

Also those clubs temporarily residing at Small Heath

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus have issued a joint statement vowing to "persevere in the pursuit of adequate solutions" amid the fallout from the European Super League and what they see as "threats" from UEFA.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...madrid-barcelona-and-juventus-respond-to-uefa

200w.gif

Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus have issued a joint statement vowing to "persevere in the pursuit of adequate solutions" amid the fallout from the European Super League and what they see as "threats" from UEFA.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...madrid-barcelona-and-juventus-respond-to-uefa

200w.gif

They all need to be banned from European competitions next season. I don’t understand why UEFA are even dragging their feet on it. Just ban them now, oh and a transfer embargo for next season continuing for as long as this is on the table.

6 point deduction for Sheffield Wednesday this season for financial irregularities and it has relegated them.

Yet these 6 clubs (in this country anyway) try to fuck over our league system and they seem to have escaped the whole scandal with barely a slap on the wrist. One rule for them and one for everyone else?

Wankers. Hate the lot of them. Absolutely fuming that two of them have made it to the CL final quite frankly. PSG should have been given the title by default.

I guess UEFA are afraid that any punishment that is too harsh just pushes them further down the road of needing the ESL money.

Man Utd have had a sponsorship deal cancelled due to fan pressure.

The ESL was a massive cock up but the idea isn't going to go away. These clubs are too desperate for the money.

I guess UEFA are afraid that any punishment that is too harsh just pushes them further down the road of needing the ESL money.

Man Utd have had a sponsorship deal cancelled due to fan pressure.

The ESL was a massive cock up but the idea isn't going to go away. These clubs are too desperate for the money.

The infuriating thing is that every other club that gets into financial trouble either goes bust ala Bury, gets a points deduction ala Wednesday or cuts its cloth accordingly and goes nowhere but down ala most other clubs.

But for this lot the solution is to borrow more money in the hopes of spending more and getting more TV money. Simply not paying Messi or Ronaldo 2m every week obviously hasn't occurred to them. If I had to watch Ashley Westwood, Grant Holt, Tonev, Lescott, Jordan Bowery and many others play for Villa during the years when Learner was cutting the budget I'm sure they can put up with a few leaner years.

The infuriating thing is that every other club that gets into financial trouble either goes bust ala Bury, gets a points deduction ala Wednesday or cuts its cloth accordingly and goes nowhere but down ala most other clubs.

But for this lot the solution is to borrow more money in the hopes of spending more and getting more TV money. Simply not paying Messi or Ronaldo 2m every week obviously hasn't occurred to them. If I had to watch Ashley Westwood, Grant Holt, Tonev, Lescott, Jordan Bowery and many others play for Villa during the years when Learner was cutting the budget I'm sure they can put up with a few leaner years.

I fully agree. Football clubs are always mortgaging the present for a brighter future. We've seen lots of examples in English football of that going horribly wrong including at our own club.

Fundamentally, football has a huge financial problem and more money just kicks that can down the road.

The ESL isn't the only example of anti-football at work. On a much smaller scale, the FAW (Welsh FA) has been re-organising the women's game in Wales. In particular they've cut the number of teams participating in the Welsh Premier Women's League from 9 to 8.

What's wrong with that? Well, they've decided the teams to play in the league on who they want in the league, not on sporting merit. So, the team which finished fourth this season has been thrown out. But included is a team which has only just been formed and hasn't yet played a match. As corrupt as it comes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57305621

The ESL isn't the only example of anti-football at work. On a much smaller scale, the FAW (Welsh FA) has been re-organising the women's game in Wales. In particular they've cut the number of teams participating in the Welsh Premier Women's League from 9 to 8.

What's wrong with that? Well, they've decided the teams to play in the league on who they want in the league, not on sporting merit. So, the team which finished fourth this season has been thrown out. But included is a team which has only just been formed and hasn't yet played a match. As corrupt as it comes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57305621

There is a very juicy legal case there. Not only do I assume that would be against FAW membership rules, can anyone spell Competition Commission for starters?

I’ve already put this in another thread but I can’t get over the use of that word, “agreed”.
Sounds like they’ve sat down with the gutless tossers at the top of the PL and said,
“Look, this is what we’re prepared to do here. Here’s a couple of million out of our small change now go away, talk tough if you like, but this is the deal.”

They should also have been told that if they ever pull a stunt like that again they will be kicked out of the English league system

That's a really gutting outcome. those clubs literally put almost every football fan in UK, Spain and Italy under stress.

I remember walking around thinking that football died that day and they get a fine akin to a parking ticket.