12 point appeal | Page 30 | Vital Football

12 point appeal

Long time lurker (just read post in past) - first time poster.

Gutted - felt that this was always going to be the outcome.

Would love to see the reasons behind the decision, and to ensure that the decision sets a precedent going forward.

Truth is more clubs are likely to fail in the next 12 months - C19 was and is the reason used by NFL - it sounds to me that the EFL refused to believe this and applied the penalty. They even said so when the penalty was first announced just after admin.

We were the first club to enter admin following C19, maybe our owners knew when to throw in the towel, rather than throwing good money after bad. (it kills me to say that). The reality is stadium sport viewing is not going to return until at least October (which seems optimistic) - think of the cash flow impact, normally our season tickets are bought now, which generates much needed cash - the sales of these must have been impacted by C19 behind closed doors fears - which in turn leads to the loss of other revenue streams due to no match day sales.

Will EFL be consistent in applying the penalty to other clubs - that is what I fear - they have just taken away an option that could and would have saved non premier league football, - they may have just destroyed the EFL.

Just wait n see what the footballing authorities PL / EFL do when a big club goes to the wall.....

I fucking hate them. Literally despise. Cant wait to stick it to them.

Theyll last a year in that league and then we will get our hands on them

have you read the comments on this thread alone.

think Wigan fans have let themselves down. Barnsley were never the villains.

best of luck next season. No team should go down because they overspend.

F@ckin feels like it.....shit on from all angles. Really no wonder why people give up a sport they love when it's as bent as .....corrupt lying bastards ruining the people game...I'd have said working class mans game but no doubt be bollocked for that

I feel it mate but won't change owt. We have a battle to survive now so we need all hands on deck.

Just wait until the 20/21 season starts with a large number of clubs on negative points and some (maybe ourselves included) not around to start the season.
Then let's see what "integrity" the EFL have in their competition then.
Football as we know it could well have killed itself today

have you read the comments on this threat alone.

Perhaps you should educate yourself on what they're saying to us firat on social media? The amount of abuse ive had and horrible comments they dont deserve your sympathy. Dont judge a group of latics fans terrfied about going the same way as bury.

Theyve let themselves down, we have been shafted and laughed at. Get your facts straight

If u take 'No Satisfaction' from the above, WHY post it....just added insults to injury imo. Last thing we currently need is the 'i told you so' brigade or even the 'Hindsight' brigade......

Ha, good one Jock, I took no satisfaction from my fears being proven correct, but I did just take some satisfaction from your reply above, especially given the amount of shit I took early July when I originally posted an OPINION.
Don't worry about a retort, I'm taking a break from here for a few days, let the dust settle etc, emotions are running high and I don' want to get into a petty tit for tat or fall out with anyone unnecessarily.

Agree totally that Barnsley have done nowt wrong apart from being shit...but don't ask us for any solidarity in the future. Every man for himself here on in.

I've been preparing for this outcome as I never felt we'd get a fair shake out of the EFL but I'm still glad we appealed as i thought we had a good case and if we didn't we'd always have regretted not trying.

We did all we could and just have to now accept it - as unjust as we feel it is - as we have no option.

I think this is devastating for the clubs survival chances due to the massive drop off in income and uncertainty of L1 and L2 even being viable without crowds. But at least we have no excuse for potential owners to keep messing around.

thanks for kind words. i sincerely wish Wigan Athletic all the best for next season. Horrible horrible circumstances for all concerned. Hope you get a buyer soon and manager so u can get sorted for september. then get ready to try to come back up. Best of luck going forward and hope we get to visit the DW again very soon. Respect

I wont stop loving Wigan, but I have fallen out with the sport, football was/is a big part of me, but as the years go on, you see how the sport is becoming more and more about keeping the big clubs happy for revenue than the integrity of the sport.

Completely agree. I love Latics and will continue to back us. Some of the support from other clubs (notably Fulham and Charlton), has been incredible, but when push comes to it you don't half feel cut adrift, thrashing in a sea of hungry sharks. The whole sport isn't what I grew up with.

The other side of me though feels more like a Tic than ever. I've supported Wigan all my life and being fellow Latics fans seems like a tighter bond than ever. Given the mockery we've suffered in the past, the praise we've received as a fan base and a club has been immense. We may be hanging on, but we've done a bloody good job showing that this is a club with a beating heart.

thanks for kind words. i sincerely wish Wigan Athletic all the best for next season. Horrible horrible circumstances for all concerned. Hope you get a buyer soon and manager so u can get sorted for september. then get ready to try to come back up. Best of luck going forward and hope we get to visit the DW again very soon. Respect

Bit raw at the minute son so I'd leave it a while...we are all in trouble these days but good luck.

completely understand. i really
Bit raw at the minute son so I'd leave it a while...we are all in trouble these days but good luck.

Completely understand i have a few gd gd friends whom are WAFC fans and we hsve been chatting. Never been into gloating as thats for tossers and ppl who dont care. Sincerely wish WAFC all the best and will be watching out for your results

I've been preparing for this outcome as I never felt we'd get a fair shake out of the EFL but I'm still glad we appealed as i thought we had a good case and if we didn't we'd always have regretted not trying.

We did all we could and just have to now accept it - as unjust as we feel it is - as we have no option.

I think this is devastating for the clubs survival chances due to the massive drop off in income and uncertainty of L1 and L2 even being viable without crowds. But at least we have no excuse for potential owners to keep messing around.

The whole football system is no longer fit for purpose in 2020 and the circumstances surrounding this just totally unnecessary. Fucked over by the inept authorities and a pair of *****. Don’t regret us appealing as I think it was all or nothing. I’m actually fearing the worst and don’t think we’ll actually kick off in league one. Even if we do we will hardly have a team to speak of. I’ll support the club whatever and I wish I was speaking whilst my emotions were raw but I’ve felt this for several weeks and fear liquidation is a distinct possibility.

The EFL will destroy itself if it doesn’t look after clubs. In a few years it’ll be B teams from Man Utd, Liverpool etc and many of the ‘smaller clubs’ won’t be around any more. They already ruined the EFL trophy by allowing u21 teams from the Premier League to enter. Fans made it clear that nobody wants to watch those games. Like I said earlier, I really do fear that our club could go under.