12 point appeal | Page 32 | Vital Football

12 point appeal

Be interesting what is disclosed now around the detail of our points of appeal and why they were dismissed.
Having burnt 500k the admins have some answers to come up with here. I expect if they play the hard luck we tried story, make no meaningful sale progress and commence the fire sale they are next in line for the supporters anger.
If as Kendrick has commented that our appeal was made on one point alone that would be shocking given the amount of work done by the young Tics internet investigators, pies and others and supplied to initially the EFL then admins and QC.
Likely the admins will be as transparent as the EFL here though.
Hey it's only our clubs existence at stake here - hope you all enjoy your collective fat fees at our continued expense.

Damn, I would love to know what he posted. I hate when people delete posts

He posted Rick Parry's address. It may have been right, it may have been wrong. Regardless, it was a stupid thing to do.

Can we all fight another day more pressing discussions at present than falling out amongst ourselves. Come on fellers
I'm falling out with no-one Danny. Telling someone they've done summat stupid is doing 'em a favour.

;)

Shell of a club sounds a fair description of what we’ll end up as. With the season 5 weeks away I suspect the efl will say we can’t start the season if we don’t have players or an owner with a guarantee we can finish the season. I know they let Bolton off the hook and gave them leeway but I fear we’ll be like Bury and they’ll expel us. Which will then be followed by liquidation. I’m not even sure Pollard came up with the requisite funds so don’t see any buyer on the horizon.

I'm thinking we'll possibly have to take the further 15 point penalty for not paying 25p in the pound and sell the club even cheaper.

If it came to that it may become cheap enough to tempt Whelan or be affordable to Lennigan. What they'd be buying at that stage would probably be completely hollowed out and maybe too much damage done to ever recover.

Choi and Yeung tried to kill us and the EFL doing their best to finish the job. If we go bust the EFL are probably the most culpable for me as they let this happen and then at every turn stuck the knife in. There have always been crooks in football but the EFL are meant to keep them out, but they let them self certify and said they couldn't check because it's too hard. They are not even trying to safeguard anything other than the big clubs who bring in the most revenue for them, to them little clubs like who are pushing down places like Sunderland are inconveniences they are happy to do without.

Its very difficult to see where we go from here. Not impossible, but difficult. I believe some of the interested buyers only wanted us if lg1 was confirmed, and now that's the case it'll be interesting to see if that's true it not. But as has been said, how good will they be? Will we be back here in a year or two after the best assets have gone? In terms of value ... We're much reduced. Gelhardt down from £5mil to £1mil. Jedi from £6mil to £1.5mil. And every other players probably worth a fifth now too. Will Euxton go next?

It's a massive rebuilding task for whoever takes us on, if anyone does. Despite everything, for the right price we'd be a good starting point for someone fancying a project ... In non covid times anyway. Now though? To get an owner in, a manger in, players signed before the season starts is a massive ask. My fear is that we're good for a quick asset strip - even at the reduced values - but no one will take us on long term until things are more normal. And can we survive that long?

The only upside of any worse case scenario is that if we end up in the lower leagues (as ourselves or a phoenix club), at least we won't be dealing with the EFL. But that's clutching at a silver lining. Ideally, merit would allow us to have the chance to climb the leagues and treated fairly, but things obviously don't work that way.

I'll forever be a tic, but it's the club and the game I love. The systems an absolute joke, and the biggest shite about it all is that it's cast such a shadow over everything that I don't know if I'll ever enjoy the game the same way. So fuck the EFL, for what they've done to us as fans, for what they've done to our club, and for ruining the pure experience of the beautiful game. They'll never take away what Wigan has done for me, for the memories and the identity it's given, but christ I hate them for what they've done. Absolutely despise them for it. Up the tics, but fuck the lot of the corrupted scumbags and the heartache they've caused us all

Said nowt mate, Moonay's on one with me again, i think we're all a bit peed off tonight, emotions running high.

You posted someone’s address. It may be Parry’s or the address of some innocent family that lives at it. Either way it was pretty irresponsible. Couldn’t give a flying fuck about Parry, but he does have a family who don’t warrant being targeted if that was the intended purpose of the post.

Its very difficult to see where we go from here. Not impossible, but difficult. I believe some of the interested buyers only wanted us if lg1 was confirmed, and now that's the case it'll be interesting to see if that's true it not. But as has been said, how good will they be? Will we be back here in a year or two after the best assets have gone? In terms of value ... We're much reduced. Gelhardt down from £5mil to £1mil. Jedi from £6mil to £1.5mil. And every other players probably worth a fifth now too. Will Euxton go next?

It's a massive rebuilding task for whoever takes us on, if anyone does. Despite everything, for the right price we'd be a good starting point for someone fancying a project ... In non covid times anyway. Now though? To get an owner in, a manger in, players signed before the season starts is a massive ask. My fear is that we're good for a quick asset strip - even at the reduced values - but no one will take us on long term until things are more normal. And can we survive that long?

The only upside of any worse case scenario is that if we end up in the lower leagues (as ourselves or a phoenix club), at least we won't be dealing with the EFL. But that's clutching at a silver lining. Ideally, merit would allow us to have the chance to climb the leagues and treated fairly, but things obviously don't work that way.

I'll forever be a tic, but it's the club and the game I love. The systems an absolute joke, and the biggest shite about it all is that it's cast such a shadow over everything that I don't know if I'll ever enjoy the game the same way. So fuck the EFL, for what they've done to us as fans, for what they've done to our club, and for ruining the pure experience of the beautiful game. They'll never take away what Wigan has done for me, for the memories and the identity it's given, but christ I hate them for what they've done. Absolutely despise them for it. Up the tics, but fuck the lot of the corrupted scumbags and the heartache they've caused us all

I can't see anyone only wanting us in L1. I think that was someone wishful thinking.

No one after buying us will have wanted the asset to be worth millions less if the price was approximatly going to be 10m regardless. Relegation probably comfortably writes off 15m+ in our case via loss of tv money, player relegation clauses and devaluation.

You posted someone’s address. It may be Parry’s or the address of some innocent family that lives at it. Either way it was pretty irresponsible. Couldn’t give a flying fuck about Parry, but he does have a family who don’t warrant being targeted if that was the intended purpose of the post.

Nowt to do with you, butt out!

I can't see anyone only wanting us in L1. I think that was someone wishful thinking.

No one after buying something will want the asset to be worth millions less. Relegation probably comfortably writes off 15m+

It's a lot more than that. 6m straight off in loss of revenue. Given Forest are selling Cash for 15m and he's no better than Robinson, we're at least 10m down there. Williams 1.5m would easily have got 6m+ in todays market. Kipre probably go for about 2m when we could easily have got 10m+. A full season next year for Gelhardt in The Championship and he could have been worth absolutely loads, going for 1m. Already sold several promising youngsters for tiny fees. 30-50m lost in todays transfer market values.

No one after buying us will have wanted the asset to be worth millions less if the price was approximatly going to be 10m regardless. Relegation probably comfortably writes off 15m+ in our case via loss of tv money, player relegation clauses and devaluation.

I accept running costs will be lower but for what end would you buy a club that has a limited fan base that will end up costing you money anyway? I get for some people in the higher leagues clubs are a toy or an ego thing, but in league one and you’ve no ambition to get out of it then I don’t see the appeal unless you’re a fan. Maybe I’ll be surprised but I honestly fear the worst.