12 point appeal | Vital Football

12 point appeal

Even if the appeal is lost, what isn't getting any/enough air time is, if a club enters administration in July, the points would always be taken off the following season. Never before has it been backdated to the previous. July 1st signals the start of a new season.

As the season legally ended 30th June, not sure why the EFL have changed it and decided to backdate the points deduction.

I would much rather take the hit next season if we have to, then we keep the Championship revenue and don't suffer an totally unfair relegation, sell a couple of players to make a profit and we would still have a strong young squad, that is improving and I would back us to stay up even with 12 off, given our performance levels since January. I think the league will be significantly weaker next season too.

Even if the appeal is lost, what isn't getting any/enough air time is, if a club enters administration in July, the points would always be taken off the following season. Never before has it been backdated to the previous. July 1st signals the start of a new season.

As the season legally ended 30th June, not sure why the EFL have changed it and decided to backdate the points deduction.

I would much rather take the hit next season if we have to, then we keep the Championship revenue and don't suffer an totally unfair relegation, sell a couple of players to make a profit and we would still have a strong young squad, that is improving and I would back us to stay up even with 12 off, given our performance levels since January. I think the league will be significantly weaker next season too.

Not correct Northern Soul, the season was extended at the extraordinary general meeting when competing clubs agreed to play the remaining fixtures and extend.
The normal season ended on 30th June but the extension has precedent. I would however say that the extension itself and the fact that games are being played behind closed doors and generating much lower income it could be argued that this in itself has caused the financial stress that required us to go into admin.

Agreement to fulfill the fixtures, however contracts etc weren't automatically renewed. It's certainly a get out clause for the EFL to delay the points, considering they wrongly allowed this takeover, they should use it.

Agreement to fulfill the fixtures, however contracts etc weren't automatically renewed. It's certainly a get out clause for the EFL to delay the points, considering they wrongly allowed this takeover, they should use it.

The contracts had to be extended by both parties involved, as did the season, hence the EGM.

Even previous owner says that covid 19 played its part. Its a force majeure in any other line of business.
But how dumb must he have been then, to buy us in the middle of Covid, (not played for months) and then to blame Covid for putting us into Admin!

Covid may absolutely be an element as to why we're struggling now (no cashflow) but there's no way Yeung can use it as an excuse.

If IEC had done it (and not sold us to NLF), then they may have had a point. Not Yeung though.

Even previous owner says that covid 19 played its part. Its a force majeure in any other line of business.
Your right. Today John Lewis retail, has announced closure of several outlets - due to Covid - thus 'Force Majeure'. Our 'lead' owner Mr Au Yeung Wai Kay quoted same reason. Why is his comments being negated by R Parry?

If several other clubs, as may be anticipated, go into administration and cite 'Covid' as a reason, will Parry disregard their claim and then the will be deducted 12 points by EFL. Could be a big queue of championship clubs for league 1.
Absolute nonsense!

But how dumb must he have been then, to buy us in the middle of Covid, (not played for months) and then to blame Covid for putting us into Admin!

Covid may absolutely be an element as to why we're struggling now (no cashflow) but there's no way Yeung can use it as an excuse.

If IEC had done it (and not sold us to NLF), then they may have had a point. Not Yeung though.
God almighty, you've just exhibited how little you know about this matter. You need to go and check the facts. This transfer of ownership wasn't a open market 'arms length' transaction. It was constructed arrangement which started in Nov 2019. And just for clarification; after the transfer of ownership we were still being funded by IEC who were then a third party and therefore cannot be guaranteed. They were under no obligation to continue funding. Shame the boneheads at EFL didn't have the cognitive skils to work it out as I warned them; we had limited time. It's all in the letter Dr Choi provided to his shareholders and the general public 8 May which I urged folks on this forum to read. Pity

That's just it, it's the case of EFL choosing what to believe to suit them. They believed everything Choi and Au Yeung said in the self certification to buy the club and did very flimsy background checks.

Now the owners blame Covid, the EFL choose not to believe them. I don't think Covid is the main cause but of all of it, it's the most believable thing the owners have said.....

God almighty, you've just exhibited how little you know about this matter. You need to go and check the facts. This transfer of ownership wasn't a open market 'arms length' transaction. It was constructed arrangement which started in Nov 2019. And just for clarification; after the transfer of ownership we were still being funded by IEC who were then a third party and therefore cannot be guaranteed. They were under no obligation to continue funding. Shame the boneheads at EFL didn't have the cognitive skils to work it out as I warned them; we had limited time. It's all in the letter Dr Choi provided to his shareholders and the general public 8 May which I urged folks on this forum to read. Pity
I know how much you want to avoid a "to and fro", but given your opening statement, I feel entitled to respond.

I don't profess to know anything about the nature of the transaction ........... I merely commented on the timing of it, and who owned us at the time. I'm not really sure what you're getting uppity at.

When IEC sold us to Choi/Yeung, we were already in the middle of Covid .......... hence why it's illogical for Yeung to offer that as the reason for going into administration. They/he knew about the circumstances at the time.

As for your closing comment, what did you expect the folk on this forum to do after having read your analysis. We congratulated you on it, but we (well, certainly I) didn't have the relevant knowledge to make a fuss.

It's fine to be angry mate .................... but not sure why you're angry with me/us.

To be fair, the first mention of a sale going through was back in February, shortly after Robinsons failed sale and at the early stages of Covid.

The changes occurring in June 4th were not an actual takeover, we had the same owner but he just switched the responsibility from one of his companies to another. Less than 3 weeks later the minority guy suddenly becomes a 75% of both NLF and us and within hours of that going through on 24th June, immediately contacts administrators.

This doesn't just happen overnight, this was months of planning, going right back to the beginning of the pandemic, so it's quite feasible to suggest Covid accelerated the need for the owner to get rid of us, whilst not taking a huge financial loss to himself. Somehow, off the back of putting us in admin, they're making money out of it.

I think you need to go back to my original point NS. Regardless of how long it took to set up the takeover, I would completely understand if IEC used Covid as one of their reasons for getting rid of us.

However, for the new owners (and it's irrelevant that one of them was the old owner) to use Covid as an excuse ......given they bought us after 3 months of inactivity, with the impact of Covid already fully understood........ is just plain daft.