City Ground | Page 25 | Vital Football

City Ground

Thanks.
Just wondering if you had a professional/financial interest in the ground redevelopment or if you are just a regular fan keen to see some upgrades.
My first home game was in 1963 and Everton who went on to win the title that year were the opposition. Through the years i have been a season ticket holder but not at the moment as golf is my current passion. I have been to many grounds over the years and been in some massive crowds creating wonderful atmospheres. The city ground has almost always not been one of them. I want the best possible stadium for the current supporters of the club thats all and i think we may be within touching distance of getting it. No i have no professional or financial interest in the club or the ground.

And the main stand looks the same as it fucking did 60 odd years ago. Aggenda for
My first home game was in 1963 and Everton who went on to win the title that year were the opposition. Through the years i have been a season ticket holder but not at the moment as golf is my current passion. I have been to many grounds over the years and been in some massive crowds creating wonderful atmospheres. The city ground has almost always not been one of them. I want the best possible stadium for the current supporters of the club thats all and i think we may be within touching distance of getting it. No i have no professional or financial interest in the club or the ground.
And the main stand then looked the fucking same as it does now. Agenda for the September planning committee meeting should be on line today.

I was reading about Everton's application for their new Ground at Bramley Dock; 12 months into the application and still no approval.

They have made significant strides but still have issues to resolve

The spurs ground took 3 years with much tooing and froing. Both of these grounds are more complex than the simple proposal from forest but its not a loft conversion.

If the club are committed, it will happen.

The simple proposal from Forest. Spot on with that. Do Rushcliffe Borough Council think that a nuclear power station is part of the plan do you think?

So. Not on the agenda for tomorrows planning committee meeting. Unless a special meeting is to be set up thats it for another month. The character from the supporters trust ( what ever they are involved in these days) stated in a reply to a journo that it was in for planning " very soon". I dont think he knows anymore than i do to be honest. Be nice if he read this and convinced me that i am wrong though.

The simple proposal from Forest. Spot on with that. Do Rushcliffe Borough Council think that a nuclear power station is part of the plan do you think?

There is one thing for sure, unless fans are banned for 2021/22 season as well, there will never be a better time to knock the stand down than this year. Guess things just never match up as you want.

So a decision by 21st January at the latest then? Looking at the time line a letter was sent to Benoys from RBC last week requesting agreement to another three month extension. The letter gives the impression that they are waiting for further details from the architects which must mean that they have again changed their minds on what they want. Nice to see that if they can sort it out before this date they will do. Well spotted Will NFFC by the way.

Had a look at the letter in question and as i thought RBC have again moved the goal posts on what they might want. It is a bit ominous that they make reference to waiting for details presumably from Benoys. Its not at all impossible to suppose that the owners have run out of patience.

The January meeting of the planning committee of Rushcliffe Borough Council takes place on the 14th with an agenda being available 7 days before. The current agreed extension to the time for a decision on the city ground development expires on the 21st.

The January meeting of the planning committee of Rushcliffe Borough Council takes place on the 14th with an agenda being available 7 days before. The current agreed extension to the time for a decision on the city ground development expires on the 21st.

There must be limits on what RBC can demand and how long they can drag their feet for.

The Laws on Planning Application changed last year with a new fast track process included in the changes.

It could be that rather than piss off their local constituents, RBC may encourage Forest to circumvent the Council and go directly to Westminster for approval.

They would certainly save a lot of face by doing that.

There must be limits on what RBC can demand and how long they can drag their feet for.

The Laws on Planning Application changed last year with a new fast track process included in the changes.

It could be that rather than piss off their local constituents, RBC may encourage Forest to circumvent the Council and go directly to Westminster for approval.

They would certainly save a lot of face by doing that.

Forest should have done that a while back. Complete joke. small councils shouldnt be left in charge of big decisions, should just expand the city boundary across the river.