City Ground | Page 24 | Vital Football

City Ground

Without knowing any practicalities whatsoever it does feel like a potentially suitable site.
No chance unfortunately

Not remotely big enough in terms of shape, currently being pedestrianised and zero chance that the owners of the shops outside would be happy to have a football ground outside their units. Those shops and the ones on the way to the station also depend upon a thoroughfare through broadmarsh, which is current closed and is costing thousands to reopen

Nottingham needs broadmarsh open as a major shopping centre again if it is going to be a decent city again, not as anything else.

The area around the NHS walk in centre was once mooted, but I don't think that is big enough either

No chance unfortunately

Not remotely big enough in terms of shape, currently being pedestrianised and zero chance that the owners of the shops outside would be happy to have a football ground outside their units. Those shops and the ones on the way to the station also depend upon a thoroughfare through broadmarsh, which is current closed and is costing thousands to reopen

Nottingham needs broadmarsh open as a major shopping centre again if it is going to be a decent city again, not as anything else.

The area around the NHS walk in centre was once mooted, but I don't think that is big enough either
I absolutely agree with you that our city, any city, needs good infrastructure projects in order to be attractive places both to live in and to attract inward investment. That is why i am so annoyed about the current stand off between RBC and Nottingham Forest football club. These people just dont seem to want it to happen and the reasons for that i find totally unacceptable.

So a years delay, not unreasonable in yet circumstances though I still hope it's rejected.

Owd yet.

SHAME.

The broad marsh site isn’t big enough it’s also a massive waste of resources for the city having something that’s only used by people on mass hopefully 20 or so times a year, obviously it’d be used more than the current ground for corporate stuff, it just wouldn’t make financial sense for anyone.

A Revolving Cinema has been talked about down the old girl

The Revolving Cinema is a new concept being introduced by Christopher Nolan and his crack team of sane and rational designers.

The idea is for the seats to rotate in one direction and multiple screens rotating in the opposite direction.

This way a Cinema will be able to screen all of Nolan's films at the same time; it is hoped that the new initiative will go some way to enabling people other than Nolan to understand them.

The Revolving Cinema is a new concept being introduced by Christopher Nolan and his crack team of sane and rational designers.

The idea is for the seats to rotate in one direction and multiple screens rotating in the opposite direction.

This way a Cinema will be able to screen all of Nolan's films at the same time; it is hoped that the new initiative will go some way to enabling people other than Nolan to understand them.

Yes I have heard similar. Jonny owen will be making a trilogy of films based on the life of Marankais. It WILL be premiered at the REVOLVING CINEMA with all 3 films being showed simultaneously and the audience deciding on an ending.

I for one cannot wait.

Last edited:
Yes I have heard similar. Jonny owen will be making a trilogy of films based on the like of Marankais. It WILL be premiered at the REVOLVING CINEMA with all 3 films being showed simultaneously and the audience deciding on an ending.

I for one cannot wait.

Yes, its going to be not unlike his Bastart Shitehawk trilogy about an Olympic downhill skier from rural Gloucestershire

The next meeting of a planning committee is on the tenth of September. RBC have been using virtual meetings for all their committee meetings including planning since May of this year.

I was reading about Everton's application for their new Ground at Bramley Dock; 12 months into the application and still no approval.

They have made significant strides but still have issues to resolve

Brighton did a test over the weekend with 2,500 fans in their stadium.
Apparently the prem want to push this for october with hopefully more fans

Brighton did a test over the weekend with 2,500 fans in their stadium.
Apparently the prem want to push this for october with hopefully more fans

Doing a test is alright, but how do you decide which 2,500 of your 20,000 plus season ticket holders are allowed to go to the games ? I'm surprised the 4 day cricket hasn't been allowed a certain number of fans there, as very few people go anyway !

In an ideal world planning is granted on September the 10th and the demolitions are started soon after whilst the ground is pretty much shut down. I have it on very good authority that the asbestos removal contractor is sorted at a cost of 3 million big ones.

In an ideal world planning is granted on September the 10th and the demolitions are started soon after whilst the ground is pretty much shut down. I have it on very good authority that the asbestos removal contractor is sorted at a cost of 3 million big ones.

I thought I'd read that we weren't interested in starting work this year?

Interesting.
Are you in the asbestos removal business yourself?