Wigan 3 Sheff Weds 2 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Wigan 3 Sheff Weds 2

Yesterday was a joy.......and an unexpected one at that.

err what does this sey about the rest of your post.

your rite by seying that notts is rite cos he is. it were a simple statement with a simple questeon after it.

if anybody is mesuring county miles

Bugger....... You never expect the Spanish Inquisition!

I'm not sure Brick. What does it say about the rest of my post? Personally, I thought it was a stand alone comment. I never expected to see such a good performance. That's all.

I know he's right...... That's why I said he was. I also believe that no-one cares...... till next week at least.

Not sure what you mean by your last sentence.

As i said on a previous post, I believe this shows the difference when a team come to get a result instead of putting 9 or 10 men behind the ball and relying on breakaways. The game was open instead of being stifled by massed defences or two banks of 4 which are notoriously difficult to break down and result in a frustrating game. We are likely to get more of this in the Championship as we are not seen as a "big scalp" to take
Almost like having your namesake on one side and Billy Sutherland on the other with those two young lads. Thats when they were known as attacking full backs.
Your post just highlighted how we could have a much better home than away form this season but playing attacking positive football will put many clubs on the backfoot when we visit them too.
Could be very interesting this season.

If we keep winning teams will start to park the bus at the DW.
Perhaps yesterday Wednesday to us for granted and thought we'd be a walkover.
By the time they realised we're a good team we had the upper hand.

Bugger....... You never expect the Spanish Inquisition!

I'm not sure Brick. What does it say about the rest of my post? Personally, I thought it was a stand alone comment. I never expected to see such a good performance. That's all.

I know he's right...... That's why I said he was. I also believe that no-one cares...... till next week at least.

Not sure what you mean by your last sentence.

you no me matey nowts personel. its just that when the happys fill threds up then alls grate. but the furst post thats not conforming to the party line then all hell brakes loose.

i just felt your response were a tince condesending. thats all

....... I just felt your response were a tince condesending. thats all

Maybe it was meant that way..........just a touch.......but only if the reader wanted it to be. ?

'Appen, condescension is in the eye of the beholder. Me? I'm still chuffed as a butty about yesterday.

Roll on Villa.

Notts, you're right. Of course you're right. We all know you're right. You're also missing the point by a country mile.

Yesterday was a joy.......and an unexpected one at that. I reckon everyone who went to the game came off buzzing. We knew we hadn't won the league, but we'd put in a decent performance, with 3 good - nay, excellent - debuts, and took a well deserved 3 points. Life was good....... in fact, it was bloody fantastic.

So, yes, you're right.......... but I don't think anyone gives a shit just at the moment.
?
I don't know about 'joy', Moonay. Overstating it a bit, methinks. It was a sense of relief more than anything else. Whether you can say certain players proved themselves after one game is wishful thinking.

Hells teeth are you incapable of enjoying anything? Yes we will play much tougher teams and will no doubt get the odd stuffing along the way but Saturday was top class entertainment. Just enjoy it.

I walked away from the ground across the retail park and witnessed unbounded "Joy" Notts. There were so many smiles on peoples faces and the atmosphere buzzed with people waxing lyrical about what they had just seen. Young kids and their dads, middle aged guys and a few old gits like me were enthused by the performance of a team that according to previous reports was doomed to failure in this division. So yes, Moonay is right, pure joy, and certainly not overstated.:party:

I don't know about 'joy', Moonay. Overstating it a bit, methinks. It was a sense of relief more than anything else. Whether you can say certain players proved themselves after one game is wishful thinking.
Not wishing to sound like certain people on here, but did you actually go to the match or just listened to it and watched the highlights?
If you did go then you could not fail to see that the way we played was a "joy" on occasions and be enthusiastic about our chances of staying in this division.

As others have already attested to Notts, use of the word "joy" isn't overstating anything..... though if you didn't feel it, then I guess I feel l a little sorry for you.

As for nothing being proven by one performance,..... I agree....... but who's claiming that it has been? I merely suggested they were excellent debuts. Surely you agree.

I'm sure there'll be many opportunities to have a justified whinge during the season..... Hence why we should revel in the good days. Saturday was a (really) good day.

I struggle getting to games on a regular basis. I don’t live locally and can’t afford to travel as I’m a student.
I went on Saturday and left feeling really excited by what I had seen. Don’t care if it’s just one match of 46. The smiles on kids faces and general enthusiasm for the season ahead was great to see.
Made me realise that I need to make more of an effort to get to games more often.
In fact I’m already planning a trip to the DW for the Notts Forest game!

As others have already attested to Notts, use of the word "joy" isn't overstating anything..... though if you didn't feel it, then I guess I feel l a little sorry for you.

As for nothing being proven by one performance,..... I agree....... but who's claiming that it has been? I merely suggested they were excellent debuts. Surely you agree.

I'm sure there'll be many opportunities to have a justified whinge during the season..... Hence why we should revel in the good days. Saturday was a (really) good day.

Joy is absolutely not an overstatement, the place was bouncing and I'm still buzzing from Saturday. If you can't feel joy coming away from a game when we played like that then you probably wont get much joy from many performances this season as that was a high bar we set ourselves and there are so many tough games to come. I don't think I've heard anyone getting carried away thinking we are going to storm the league on the back of one game, but i think everyone is quite rightly saying 'if' we can play like that every week then we can have a fun season.

A week ago everyone was getting worried and a bit downbeat - some were really starting to panic as our best 2 players out injured, short of numbers in key areas, our new signings first impressions weren'te great, there was concerns last seasons regulars wouldn't take the step up. But a week is a long time in football and the contrast in emotions was fantastic. It was a game that will live long in the memory and after some of the horrible times we've had in the Championship in our last couple of years everyone should milk every last drop of pleasure of out it. Maybe things will be very different after the Villa game, we've had plenty of false dawns before and maybe this is another, but maybe this is the start of something exciting.

Last edited:
Richy, I think tl4e's comment was aimed at Notts the poster (Nottinghamlatic), not your specific post.
;)

What I think he was alluding to in a pedantic sort of way is Notts was only ever used in reference to County....when it was forest the term Nottm was used.

Joy was when we won the FA Cup, promotion to the Premier League and beat Arsenal in the last few minutes in the League Cup semi final. Joy was when we beat Sheffield United to stay up etc. Joy was when I witnessed my kids being born

Steady on, lads, we won one game of football ( and could have lost it). Joy? I think not.

By the way, they are very sensitive around here about calling Nottingham Forest, ' Notts' .