Wigan 3 Sheff Weds 2 | Vital Football

Wigan 3 Sheff Weds 2

One thing we can dispel after today is that the spirit of last year is well and truly alive,,after reading on here after last week I thought we had lost it but thankfully the doomers were mistaken! Great effort all round!

What a performance, at times we were sublime and played them off the park.

So proud of the lads especially since the back 4 had only managed 1 training session at the most - everyone was great and the new signings alls looked the part.

Sheffield were lucky it wasn't 5 or 6. If we can attack teams like that every week then we are going to have a fun season. Delighted.

Gibson was unreal today, all player were tbh

Agree FLC. Motm by a mile for me. Took a lot of pressure off Morsy, giving him the chance to concentrate on Captaincy.

Young Robinson looks deadly and Massey put a shift in as well.

Encouraging all round. Need to tighten up in defence maybe.

A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon and worthy victors. Such a refreshing change to see the team attack with intent, something that has been sadly lacking from our recent campaigns at this level. It probably could and should have been a more emphatic victory.

I've seen Robinson previously so was very pleased with his eventual signing, though seems even more rapid than I recall. Encouraging afternoon for him and us. I thought it was a gamble too far playing Kipre too, it showed at times but in fairness given their centre forward was a beast fighting fire with fire was probably the right call. I understood why Massey started and credit to him he had a decent game. No one was below par and overall it was a good team performance so difficult to pick a Motm.

Not so sure as the tannoys were barely audible but has the goal celebration music returned?

great game of football today enjoyed it immensely .
both full backs were sublime as were Gibson, Powell and Jacobs.
only downside was allowing Bannon so much space and time.
BC

Full credit to Cook, his football philosophy is a breath of fresh air, unlike Martinez,Caldwell and the other tossers he doesn't believe in shutting up shop once you score a goal .
Well done Paul and the lads .
All the armchair Wish brigade missed a fucking treat.

Excellent performance from everyone today. Was impressed with the new signings, but particularly pleased that the likes of Massey and Dunkley didn't look at all out of their depth at this level. Also after the concerns from 2 years ago, Jacobs looked like he could cause real problems and I felt confident that we could rely on Max to sure it up. They've benefited from the support of a good management and coaching team. Still very early days, but all very encouraging

I thought we were brilliant today. Like others have said the best home game for a while.
Let's hope those defensive partnerships develop quickly because I thought we got caught out down the wings few times.