Who is going to do the write up against les blues today????? | Page 6 | Vital Football

Who is going to do the write up against les blues today?????

I think that this is going to be our team template...maybe the odd swapping of player but nothing major ... in the coming weeks Jenkin nd Bostock will be dripped in the team...fof Carvalho, I think we have to wait until after the international break...to see him start..

They were fucking shit. I hope they give their fans their money back. We did deserve to win & there’s something brewing let’s hope we don’t lose a couple & then crash & burn against the shaggers otherwise we can take our squad up to about 53 from the 39 we have currently. Nice to win convincingly though.

Brilliant performance by the team today. I was a little unsure when I saw the team announced but how Lamouchi and they proved me wrong.
I can see Lamouchi's philosophy now. Everyone played well, including Watson! Sow was awesome, but for me, Ameobi was MOM.
We look solid and yes, Birmingham were truly shocking, but we created chance after chance. Should have finished 6-0, 3 easy misses!
Birmingham didn't have a shot on target, only a weak header?

I don't know why this is so hard for you to comprehend.

Jenkinson is and will be a better right back defensively.

Matty Cash is, in my opinion, a really good attacking midfielder. I believe he has the potential to be an all action goalscoring AM who could be worth a lot of money. I think he could score double figures per season and replace Joe Lolley. I think he *could* be an £18m region sale for us in 2-4 years if his development goes really well.

You on the other hand want to stick a square peg in a round hole and make him a right back. As a right back he'll be using a fraction of his strengths, will have to use footballing skills that he is average at and his future price will be a fraction of what it could be as an AM. Moreover, when Lolley goes we will have no replacement beyond whatever cheap foreign import we loan.

You seem to think I want him to be a bad right back to win an argument with you. I don't give a toss about that. I don't want him at RB because I want him developing as an attacking midfielder.

I'm really not sure why on earth you want him elsewhere?

Because like Osborn I see them as good midfielders but with the potential to play at a higher level in a slightly less popular position that's been redefined.

You kerl saying Jenkinson will be better, again I'll ask what ars you basing this on? When have you seen him in the flesh and which qualities stood out as being better than Cash.

Because like Osborn I see them as good midfielders but with the potential to play at a higher level in a slightly less popular position that's been redefined.

You kerl saying Jenkinson will be better, again I'll ask what ars you basing this on? When have you seen him in the flesh and which qualities stood out as being better than Cash.
I saw him in the flesh on Tuesday for a start. He is a defender. His performance was not perfect but he knows what he is doing, his defensive positional sense is lightyears ahead and so is his instinct.

I have brought up the same points about Cash as an attacking midfielder again and again and again and you continually ignore them. For a change, how about addressing those points.

I saw him in the flesh on Tuesday for a start. He is a defender. His performance was not perfect but he knows what he is doing, his defensive positional sense is lightyears ahead and so is his instinct.

I have brought up the same points about Cash as an attacking midfielder again and again and again and you continually ignore them. For a change, how about addressing those points.

So you've seen him once against a lower division team where he didn't shine at all. Well I guess it's a step up from just watching YouTube clips.

I did try to address those points, I'll try again:

As I said to Hardy and posted previously I can see the two forming a neat partnership down the right. However I think his career would be served most by developing his game as a RB/RWB.

Competition at the highest levels is less fierce there and I think he has the attributes to turn into a PL quality RB/RWB. I doubt he has as a CM or ARM.

So you've seen him once against a lower division team where he didn't shine at all. Well I guess it's a step up from just watching YouTube clips.

I did try to address those points, I'll try again:

As I said to Hardy and posted previously I can see the two forming a neat partnership down the right. However I think his career would be served most by developing his game as a RB/RWB.

Competition at the highest levels is less fierce there and I think he has the attributes to turn into a PL quality RB/RWB. I doubt he has as a CM or ARM.
I fundamentally disagree with you on this. I guess I just believe in Cash more

I fundamentally disagree with you on this. I guess I just believe in Cash more

Could be you do. I worry that his final ball/creativity will never be up to PL standards. However he has a great engine, is able to push his opposite number back as a FB, is looking strong in the air and improving defensively.

As an attacking midfielder I think he'll be decent in this division, I'm just not convinced he'll be so at a higher level. Very happy to be wrong though.

Rught, I was annoyed when I saw Cash was playing instead of Jenkinson. But, Cash is there on merit and played bloody well. Right now, he should NOT be dropped. His performance doesn't warrant being dropped. Jenkinson is going to have to bide his time and take his chance when it arrives.

Could be you do. I worry that his final ball/creativity will never be up to PL standards. However he has a great engine, is able to push his opposite number back as a FB, is looking strong in the air and improving defensively.

As an attacking midfielder I think he'll be decent in this division, I'm just not convinced he'll be so at a higher level. Very happy to be wrong though.
I have said before that I think this is a really important season for him.

The first third of last season I felt he was a very exciting player. He was scoring goals and being an all action attacking midfielder.

He was then injured, and in the last third of the season was far less effective and had far less impact.

This season and next it is all about which way his consistency goes. Does he get more consistent as the all action AM? Or does he become the low impact player?

For me, this is where the battleground of his career is and he is wasting precious time at RB

Love this chap
Yep - I am still not convinced. Up until Lolly’s clever goal I thought it was equal and they were maybe the better side. Again Lolly and Grabban combined and all of a sudden it was 2 nil. I think 1 up front, 7 defensive outfield players and a winger at RB and Watson as first choice in the centre every week is not the right choice. We will face sterner tests as we did against Leeds and when we lost to WBA but I am glad we won today although I think blues will struggle this season if that is the sort of performance they will be turning in. I am interested to see how the team does away to Charlton and Fulham and I expect that Watson and Cash will face sterner tests then and we will struggle to creat but let’s hope not ?

Watson played well but Brum didn't rush him at all, teams like Leeds wouldn't let him stroll and pick passes but today he did the job and used the ball well. Can't see him being as useful against a higher intensity sides, he just doesn't have it to recover when caught out. Sow was really good again today strong, kept the ball and good passing looks a clever signing. Semedo maybe a bit quieter didn't make any big runs but did win the ball back a lot, Silva again looked good when he got on. We've a decent squad everywhere but up top, let's hope grabban and Mir can keep fit.

In Modesto we trust.

Best moment in the match...

After Lolley had scored the opener, all the players celebrated in front of the yam-yams...

They had been giving Lolley loads of abuse, and you could understand why they wanted to do as such.

Whilst cuddling each other, Worrall decided to boot the ball straight into the Birmingham fans, guess around 10 or so rows up, hitting one of their mob flush in the face.

Stewards did fuck all, and if the officials had seen he could have been sent off, or carded at least.

Still funny as fuck.

Watching those misses on Quest, my response to Grabban heading wide was 'How many chances do they want?'

The commentator said it at exactly the same time. Spooky or what?