Where Will We Finish Season 21/22 | Page 9 | Vital Football

Where Will We Finish Season 21/22

We go into the new season with our strongest squad for many seasons. So where will we finish.

• Champions

• 2nd - 4th

• 5th - 8th

• 9th - 12th

• Below 12th

• Relegated

Results are only viewable after voting.
Unfortunately it's going to just be a transitional season of working out how we play and cope without Grealish. Talk of 5th-8th is pie in the sky in my opinion. We are a way off that still i'm afraid.
Staying in the Premier League and maybe a cup run will be the sum of it i reckon.

So is he who shall not be named, hair like curtains, you know the one, to be fair.

Different in my humble. I can judge whether I think curtains boy is a 5th to 8th player having watched him since 2016 even though we haven't been in that position. Also him breaking into England assists that .

Point about Emi and Bailey is I am not saying they are bad players just don't think I can judge whether they are 5th - 8th because I haven't seen them play . That apparently some see as being negative :shrug:

Unfortunately it's going to just be a transitional season of working out how we play and cope without Grealish. Talk of 5th-8th is pie in the sky in my opinion. We are a way off that still i'm afraid.
Staying in the Premier League and maybe a cup run will be the sum of it i reckon.
With our current squad and the circumstances we have found ourselves in a week before the season I definitely concur. 5th to 8th IMO is ridiculous.

TBH all bar about 6 or7 clubs it's all about staying up first and foremost, a bad start by any of the bottom 12 or 13 and it's hard to recover. It's as close as that we need the promoted clubs to be as bad as last season and Leeds to do a Sheffield

we are going into 3 easyish games and we aren't in a good place. I can see us being right on the back foot come winter

Spurs signed the copa winning , serie A defender of the season for 40 million. Not sure they are in the crises some say they are tbh.

We signed the championship player of the season. We are still shopping in different markets to at least 5 teams .

5th ?.
Not for me Jeff.

8th would be dreamland this season. But still can't see it with the summer we have had unless some stellar business is done from now on.

Why aren't we in a good place ?
Lost our best player and creative force.
Buendia - injured
watkins - injured
Bailey - total punt
we are still looking at AEG and Traore on the wings (dear oh dear).
We have still not sorted out a top level DM .
i honestly think Vicarage Rd will be a big wake up call for some

Lost our best player and creative force.
Buendia - injured
watkins - injured
Bailey - total punt
we are still looking at AEG and Traore on the wings (dear oh dear).
We have still not sorted out a top level DM .
i honestly think Vicarage Rd will be a big wake up call for some

Before you get too negative Silhill, you should look at what Watford fans are saying following a 3-1 loss to Crystal Palace.

We have one of the best keepers in the league (if not the best), a top back 4, and a pretty solid midfield pivot in SJM and Marv.

I agree we've had a far from ideal preseason with players late back and injury etc, but we are an established prem side even with Traore and AEG starting (Traore almost certainly won't start though).

Buendia and Watkins might be good to go Saturday too. This level of pessimism isn't justified imo.

If we get a couple more decent players in then I'll say 6th. If we don't then 10th. My prediction is 7th and we qualify for that weird new tournament and have to play a load of extra games vs teams from Belarus, Azerbaijan, Estonia and San Marino that I'll grumble about but secretly love.

Other predictions are that Sirdennis will be bang up for every game and that whenever we lose Silhill will insist we bring back Steve Bruce and play with a midfield 3 of Hourihane, Jedinak and Whelan.

I have no idea what to expect honestly, but went for 5th - 8th as I believe that’s possible if everything clicks, perhaps with another addition or two.

My hope is that Grealish leaving could light a fire under some of them who may have long felt in his shadow. They may thrive feeling like more responsibility lies with them, individually but as a team also.

Maybe the days of being able to have a “mr Aston Villa” a la “mr Liverpool” aka Stephen gerrard are well and truly gone. We can still build a cracking team.

fwiw the spread bet firms have us
finishing 11th again with less points than last year.
(not sure if they are run by Brummies or not)

Looking at that today (and I know it was just a friendly), I would say that we are just a couple of injuries away from a disaster.

Different in my humble. I can judge whether I think curtains boy is a 5th to 8th player having watched him since 2016 even though we haven't been in that position. Also him breaking into England assists that .

Point about Emi and Bailey is I am not saying they are bad players just don't think I can judge whether they are 5th - 8th because I haven't seen them play . That apparently some see as being negative :shrug:

Yeah, I'm with you.

I didn't know anything re Bailey before him being linked to us, so apart from what I've read, seen in video (I don't watch much of that stuff, anyone can look good in those) and the faith in our recruitment people, I think it looks a good signing, but for sure agree with you, can't judge.

I really enjoyed watching Norwich when they were in the Prem, so also watched a fair bit last season, just think their style of play is attractive, and really do have massively high hopes for Buendia. Maybe I'm overplaying it, because he is actually a player I know, first time in ages (Ings now also to be fair to me) as opposed to all the names I have no clue on :lol:

I think he's going to pleasantly surprise Villa fans.

Oh and also what my ex Norwich editor (now a journo) said, 'best I've ever seen for Norwich' and the waxing lyrical of the current Vital Norwich editor.