Where Will We Finish Season 21/22 | Vital Football

Where Will We Finish Season 21/22

We go into the new season with our strongest squad for many seasons. So where will we finish.

• Champions

• 2nd - 4th

• 5th - 8th

• 9th - 12th

• Below 12th

• Relegated

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fulford

Vital Football Legend
I think this season is going to be a very interesting one given the squad is certainly stronger than it was, albeit with the loss of a certain player. At least now we have adequate cover for virtually all positions.

It might take time for the new arrivals settle. But maybe not, with the established core of the team. A good start is important. I think we can improve on last season, maybe by 3 or 4 places. That's if the Jack replacement strategy works. I think it may; the new arrivals are all quality in their way.

I think this season is going to be a very interesting one given the squad is certainly stronger than it was, albeit with the loss of a certain player. At least now we have adequate cover for virtually all positions.
And some of the youth, while not ready, will have something to say on the season. I expect more from Sanson, Ramsey and Traore this season too. Get off to a good start with 3 winnable games will kickstart our season. Critical to get some early momentum.

yup 5-8th for me as well, the last Europa spot has to be the minimal aim even if we narrowly miss out.

I've got us 9th-12th but if we sign a top notch player then I would be very disappointed not to finish higher.

not expecting much tbh just the same %age improvement as last year
- so would be 86 pts - seems reasonable

Actually think 60+ pts would be a target for continued improvement which would typically put us somewhere between 6th to 10th

I hope you are right you 5-8ers. I've just been here so many times in the past with Villa and I'm not old enough to have seen it ever be pulled off successfully I don't think. Villa sell best player = get a bit shitter from past experience.

I think it will be a tough season. We cannot underestimate the loss of Grealish. Lots of new players to bed in and i doubt they will all hit the ground running.

I put 5th-8th but thats in the hope all the players settle. Realistically I think it will be a similar position to last season. And that wont be a bad thing, its a building process and to lose our best player will have an impact. Just got to hope the rest of the squad maintain their focus and keep pushing for more

The owners will want improvement so the pressure is on. Going to be a hard task though.

5th-8th because I want Deano to keep his job.

Top half has to be the minimum aim and I'm thinking around 8th or 9th myself. As much as we are hoping to break top 6 it will be a very difficult task to overtake many of the teams who finished above us last season.

Hopefully European football will mean West Ham are knackered and not so competitive. Leeds may fall away a bit as they haven't strengthened, unless I've missed something. Everton have made some strange low cost signings but always seem to be hovering around 8th themselves. Although many on here seem to think the likes of Arsenal & Spuds are crap they always consistently finish top 8, usually higher, so I'm not overly confident we will finish above both of them.

Just think we are probably another 1 or 2 quality signings away from pushing top 6

Mid table. Not sure we’ve made enough net improvements to push for higher than last season. The new signings will compensate for the loss of the captain but there will be an adjustment period to the new players and new way of playing. Could be a slow start. I’m anticipating 10-14th