Where Will We Finish Season 21/22 | Page 7 | Vital Football

Where Will We Finish Season 21/22

We go into the new season with our strongest squad for many seasons. So where will we finish.

• Champions

• 2nd - 4th

• 5th - 8th

• 9th - 12th

• Below 12th

• Relegated

Results are only viewable after voting.
No one is disputing that. What is in dispute here is the absolute certainty from some that we will automatically just roll on skipping and jump into the season. We may. We may not . The point is that it is absolutely impossible to say with certainty and the 5th to 8th is pretty fantasy if you ask me. People write off the usual suspects every year and it never happens . Dangerous game that.

No club at our current level, progression level and position is better off immediately after losing a player like Generic.
Yep Spurs Arsenal Everton West ham Leicester are all shit and we are on the up?
If we finish above any of them I'll show you Fear's arse

Digs against Bertie are nonsense. Scored against the top teams. 7 goals and 7 assists in 2300 minutes with no pre season because Ligue 1 suspended and carrying an injury end of season that required surgery. When a Barkley was out of the team and Bertie played we won 7 drew 2 lost 2. He's unfairly maligned
Yes but to play Bailey and Ings we have to drop Bert and Anwar or Watkins

Digs against Bertie are nonsense. Scored against the top teams. 7 goals and 7 assists in 2300 minutes with no pre season because Ligue 1 suspended and carrying an injury end of season that required surgery. When a Barkley was out of the team and Bertie played we won 7 drew 2 lost 2. He's unfairly maligned

What's nonsense is thinking he offered a defensive role and didn't leave Cash et al woefully exposed. He improved don't get me wrong, but whether it was the injury he was carrying that we later found out about or not, his team work needs to improve dramatically this season.

No complaints about his attacking work and maybe sans Barkley in those matches we'd have got away with Bertie's lack of tracking - but both together was a nightmare. Kind of proves my point that when we had the extra player to carry his lack of workrate, we were better.

Yep Spurs Arsenal Everton West ham Leicester are all shit and we are on the up?
If we finish above any of them I'll show you Fear's arse
Everton are a dumpster fire. Would you rather we signed Demarai Gray and Andros Townsend? West Ham will regress. Spurs could stumble

Yep. Think that is my coming round to feeling a few days on from Generic Jack and the result of his summer of having his head turned .

No one knows what will happen. We know with Generic we were and would be fine.
That's proven, been seen and tried and tested. We have replaced this with 2 unknowns in Bailey and Emi2. No one on here knows what will happen there . Ings has some evidence in the Premier league to back up that he will be fine. So two thirds of our Generic replacement are unknown and new . Good on paper, good on you tube , good in other teams . But that means very little to starting with us really. They and us as a club are starting again such was the influence and key factor of Generic . Hopefully we will be better in the long term but potentially we are in for a bumpy time as we integrate the new signings .

We one hundred percent need a couple of extra really decent signings to add to what we have done. It's key for me to show that the owners are still meaning business (nothing they have done do far suggests otherwise tbh) and to help us through a transition.

So Generic when you come out with the boring and generic soundbites about villa going well and improving. Easy to say and bullshit about, but in practice and the real world which you think we don't live in as you patronise us from your lofty perch, not easy to do.
Buendia isn't unproven. He produced huge amounts of chances in the PL in a very poor side. He stood out at the time and has improved since.
Especially considering he's an actual magician. I mean that literally.

Yep and we've lost a 100m footballer, you're overlooking that fact and the fact when he didn't play we were down to a point a game average, and adding 3 players who may or maybe not be better than whoever they replace will struggle to get us back to a 1.5 point average . We have to pray that Bailey and Buendia score more goals than Bert and Anwar and that will take some doing.

There are a fair few ifs there

I do understand the point you're making. And you're right, Jack cannot be replaced.

However, the reason we struggled without Jack and missed him so much was because we relied on his quality and his quality alone.
Traore and Anwar were fantastic in patches. But when they were in a dip of form, we had nowhere else to go. Now we do.

Jack is a quality player. But at times, he felt like our only quality player. So it's no surprise we struggled without him. Instead of relying on Trez or Anwar...we now have Traore, Buendia, Bailey, Watkins, Ings, Anwar, Philogene, Chuky....to pop up with the goods, and I'm confident they will.

We'll definitely be better without Jack.

The question is, how long until it clicks and becomes fluid given our reliance on him previously?

Agreed.

Yes he was/ is a great player. But the over reliance on him meant that the opposition knew how to stop us too. Target him and stop the team. We were playing with a target on his back. That has gone now and we suddenly become less predictable. So for me its onwards and upwards.

I also believe that Purslow's talk was taken wrongly. We had already signed 2 of the three players before the bid was received. So even if Ings was made from the expanded kitty, circa £70m remains. The lesson here though is to see how Spurs and Barca have wasted golden opportunities and to make sure that any additional investment is made carefully, a la Leicester. Surely we have enough scouts and data people to ensure we don't cock this up or ruin the opportunities for the kids to come through after all of the hard work done in the academy.

Buendia isn't unproven. He produced huge amounts of chances in the PL in a very poor side. He stood out at the time and has improved since.

Especially considering he's an actual magician. I mean that literally.

He is in a prospective 5th to 8th side mate.

I do understand the point you're making. And you're right, Jack cannot be replaced.

However, the reason we struggled without Jack and missed him so much was because we relied on his quality and his quality alone.
Traore and Anwar were fantastic in patches. But when they were in a dip of form, we had nowhere else to go. Now we do.

Jack is a quality player. But at times, he felt like our only quality player. So it's no surprise we struggled without him. Instead of relying on Trez or Anwar...we now have Traore, Buendia, Bailey, Watkins, Ings, Anwar, Philogene, Chuky....to pop up with the goods, and I'm confident they will.

You can't play them all mate, we may have bought 3 players to replace Jack in Purslows eyes but you can only play one of them, the other two have to replace Bert and or Anwar and outperform those two and they were are second and 3rd highest scorers because they sure aren't replacing Watkins.

We'll have a front four of Watkins Ings Buendia and Bailey but we'll lose Jack Bert and Anwar and their goals. If you see what I mean, to improve on their Tally bloody hell they'd have to go some

Agreed.

Yes he was/ is a great player. But the over reliance on him meant that the opposition knew how to stop us too. Target him and stop the team. We were playing with a target on his back. That has gone now and we suddenly become less predictable. So for me its onwards and upwards.

I also believe that Purslow's talk was taken wrongly. We had already signed 2 of the three players before the bid was received. So even if Ings was made from the expanded kitty, circa £70m remains. The lesson here though is to see how Spurs and Barca have wasted golden opportunities and to make sure that any additional investment is made carefully, a la Leicester. Surely we have enough scouts and data people to ensure we don't cock this up or ruin the opportunities for the kids to come through after all of the hard work done in the academy.

I think we can say for sure there was no bid in when we released the home kit otherwise Jack would've been pulled from it. So there's definitely cash left if we want to use it without even getting close to pushing it based on what we can guess about finances.

By my reckoning, the Ings deal wouldn't have put us far over our budget for the season anyway, if it actually put us over.

I'll
You can't play them all mate, we may have bought 3 players to replace Jack in Purslows eyes but you can only play one of them, the other two have to replace Bert and or Anwar and outperform those two and they were are second and 3rd highest scorers because they sure aren't replacing Watkins.

We'll have a front four of Watkins Ings Buendia and Bailey but we'll lose Jack Bert and Anwar and their goals. If you see what I mean, to improve on their Tally bloody hell they'd have to go some

I will wait to see what Dean and his formation can do. Lots of rumours of two up top, which could prove lethal.

What is also different, is that we now have both raw pace, and a front 3/4 who will press all day long. That in itself will lead to better chance creation.

Hopefully today's friendly gives us a better idea.

UTV

Is football and 11 v 11 game or 14 v 14 now? It's becoming the latter and larger quality squads count.
I think you'll find it's 11 v 11 mate , if you're saying we bring on Anwar and Bert for the new guys then we are back to the same side as last year but without snake 2 you can't have it all ways.

It all evens out to the same team, certainly not going to get a guarantee of improvement . We may improve we may go backwards we probably be about te same

I think you'll find it's 11 v 11 mate , if you're saying we bring on Anwar and Bert for the new guys then we are back to the same side as last year but without snake 2 you can't have it all ways.

It all evens out to the same team, certainly not going to get a guarantee of improvement . We may improve we may go backwards we probably be about te same
Even simply having meaningful competition for places improves us, and that's before you take into account the relative quality of the actual players we're bringing in.

Yes there is a Jack-shaped hole in the side now and I expect us to try and address that in the transfer market, but it's also easily resolved with a minor formation change.