Where Will We Finish Season 21/22 | Page 20 | Vital Football

Where Will We Finish Season 21/22

We go into the new season with our strongest squad for many seasons. So where will we finish.

• Champions

• 2nd - 4th

• 5th - 8th

• 9th - 12th

• Below 12th

• Relegated

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm surprised by those figures, if accurate. Thought Arsenal would be higher especially as Abameyang was on 200k a week. No surprise with Utd, but nearly 5x our yearly wage, WTF 🤷‍♂️ how the hell do they turn a profit, keep spending and stay out of FFP trouble?
Spuds,no surprise, as Levy is a tight arse

Can I just clarify that we are talking about the 21/22 season or the calendar year 2021 , or indeed part of the calendar year which is 2022 when discussing our finishing position ?

Can I just clarify that we are talking about the 21/22 season or the calendar year 2021 , or indeed part of the calendar year which is 2022 when discussing our finishing position ?
Apologies Sirdennis :tophat:
Disappointed with our finishing position, we've had chances to push up the table and blown them. Consistency is key but it's definitely been an up and down season in terms of results and performances. Hoping for better next season 🙏

Apologies Sirdennis :tophat:
Disappointed with our finishing position, we've had chances to push up the table and blown them. Consistency is key but it's definitely been an up and down season in terms of results and performances. Hoping for better next season 🙏

There was a spell when we were seeming to use different metrics to chart our progress , so it's important to know how these things are arrived at. :grinning:

I genuinely believe midtable is the hardest position to manage because you can't just play your own game every week. 50% of games are against teams at a similar level, 25% of teams are far superior to you and, the other 25% of teams are weaker than you so you're expected to beat them. That's where you see Potter go out and lose 6 games in a row because he never changes how they play.

Gerrard has underperformed, if you look at the table there are no excuses for him. With the current crop of players we have we should have finished in the top half albeit with a lower points total. This squad is more than good enough to finish higher but not much more than that. We'll need a few much better players to get into European places but if he thinks that's the only issue he needs to wobble his head and buck up his ideas.

I want to believe in him, he says the right things but he's lost too many tactical battles. He's had more than enough opportunities to tilt things in our favour. We've played some very poor teams and dropped points. I am yet to be convinced he put out our best 11 at any point since he's took over.

A mate had a theory or had read it somewhere (I don’t know which but it made sense) the likes of Allardyce would look at the league in three groups.

The top group say 4-5 teams, you aren’t expecting anything, you could muster a draw and be happy or get beaten 9-0 by the top side. What you get here is a bonus.

The bottom group, you prepare to win. The likes of Norwich, Burnley and Leeds home and away.

The middle group you have to be tactical. Away from home, you might need to disrupt (what Watford did to us), quieten the crowd, keep it tight and take your chances. How many times have we seen sides come to VP and do that? At home, you have to find a way to overcome those more difficult sides, which is something we struggle to do.

There has always been a direct relationship with league position, wages paid and transfer fees. If the figures on the above chart are correct we are in the correct finishing area in the league. We are comparing Ferraris with Fords and no different to the Ellis philosophy of good but not great. If we can’t break the bank with our incomings next season we won’t improve.

i'd suspect we are now top 8 in terms of wages
We were about 6th at one time and paid more than Spurs, and we are paying Ings 108k a week allegedly but all rumours, whatever we are paying it will be more than the likes of Brighton and Brentford. Although I see Brentford doing a Sheffield Utd next season. No reason at all why we should not be up there with Wolves and West ham with these players > they bought Benrahma and Bowen, we had Watkins and Buendia. Have they got the best two or are they getting more from less? I think it's down to an experienced manager who picks off the rest of the league with his dour style but it works.
Any way its done now roll on next season

Boys - please. You're probably making each other giggle in a perverse way, but it's going to be a long enough summer as it is.

Hitting