I disagree I'm afraid.
The narrative is very much 'its not islams fault'

Palestinians good , Israelis bad
Myanmar/Burma ...
Rohinga Muslims good , Buddhists bad
Punjab... Sikhs bad , Islam good
China , Chinese bad , Islam good.
India (Mohdi) bad , islam good.
Are we really supposed to believe that Buddhists , Sikhs ,Hindus, jews etc are all evil ?

The evidence is clear that the Koran promotes violence towards non-believers. We see can see this in the the use of knives, and the neck being the target.

http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=47&verse=4

Let's stop pretending that islamism is nothing to do with islam.

It's time we had national debate.
It's not saying Muslims are good and others are bad, it's saying that the persecution of Muslims is bad. Surely you can agree persecution is wrong?

Likewise most people are capable of realising that Buddhist/Sikhs/etc who also persecute Muslims are not representative of their whole religion. Just like Islamism is not representative of the whole of Islam and Muslims.

I cannot condone or defend terrorism, but can someone tell me the difference between the Hamas terrorist, and the hero's of the French resistance.

Very profound point,maybe its because Hamas are muslim.

Evidently if you stand for resisting invasion but are muslim then you are using terrorism.
Similar to the IRA, terrorist or freedom fighters?

I'm pretty certain the victims will turn out to be homosexuals (they frequented the one gay pub in Reading).

The question is then whether they were targeted because of that, or did they "just happen to be" gay men in a park who were killed by a man with a knife who "just happened to be" a Muslim.

I cannot condone or defend terrorism, but can someone tell me the difference between the Hamas terrorist, and the hero's of the French resistance.

There are similarities. The French resistance were and Hamas are, fighting against illegal occupation of their territory.

Big difference is, by the time the Nazis invaded France the Nazis were our enemy. Israel, by contrast, is not considered the enemy.

The difference is that Hamas wishes for all Israeli land to be once again Palestinian controlled, the French of the other hand just wanted to get rid of the Germans not the destruction of Germany.

Semantics. Selectively excluding parts of our history from the textbooks is creating a false history.

My point is that it seems like a very Right Wing thing to excludes such things from our textbooks.

Edit: on reflection, maybe it isn’t ‘Right Wing’ at all. Are we any different to Communist North Korea on how we portray our history? Maybe it’s just ‘extremist’ to erase these things from the textbooks.

If you want anyone to believe you then evidence is needed.

There is no difference between left and right wing totalitarianism. Both will manipulate everything including history.
I think you will find most on here are even more worried about any manipulation of history or the truth.

Exactly which bits of history are being left out purposely or changed? My kids finished school years ago so my information only goes back that far. Gills58 will know plus the curriculum is available on line.

Why I said some may be missing is because even less time is given over to subjects like history and sometimes the school just does the bare minimum in a subject. If that is purposely done to change history then i really want to know. Good or bad is irrelevant, it is history.

The difference is that Hamas wishes for all Israeli land to be once again Palestinian controlled, the French of the other hand just wanted to get rid of the Germans not the destruction of Germany.

Agreed, Germany invaded France and did not throw the french out of their country. Bit like someone moving into your house but you still live there as well, they just wanted the intruders to leave.

With hamas its completely different.
You are living in your house and someone decides that someone should take over your house and you should just f off. In this case you want your house back so you can live in it. Surely you would want to call it your house and not the name of the occupiers name.
Thats why its a complex solution.

Last edited:
If you were killed in the Brighton, Deal barracks or Canary Wharf bombings I'm not sure it would make much difference to you?

Same as I answered Lanks. It does not change the question as all these things depend on which side you take or who writes the history.
Deal was close to me as my great grandparents lived very near the barracks and my father/grandfather were stationed there at some point and I spent time there in the marine cadets.

Curtis blames the rise in Islamic terrorism on the shoulders of the US and Saudi Arabia, so for many who hate the US and the Saudis that will sit just fine, the answer however is closer to home and goes back much further than the Bitter Lake event.
After the fall of the Ottoman Empire at the end of ww1 Britain and France carved up the Middle East, we also had an earlier introduction to Afghanistan and helped to push millions of Muslims to other areas when we came to creating the new India, Pakistan West and Pakistan East (Bangladesh).
The left wing in society will always blame the US and the Saudis for just about everything that goes wrong in the Middle East, they tend to forget our direct involvement, the Russian influence and how they stoked up the flames with Nasser's Egypt against the Saudis, yep let's blame the Yanks they get everything wrong and get very little right.

Most people do not know history and therefore just quote the latest memory or quote from their bubble.
The events that you mention were as you say more influential and indeed led to the latest events.
We need more history taught not less. Unfettered access to source material not opinions.
Just having the seven pillars of wisdom as a prescribed read would be a start.

True but once again depends which side you are on.
Sad thing is that bullets and bombs don't discriminate and innocent people die for other peoples beliefs.

My comment applied to both "sides" ; both claimed they were an "army" but the reality is that the vast majority of them were low life, cowardly murderers

I have posted about the problems being caused by the left wing biased education system and the hate against Churchill because of the way history is taught nowadays. One of the men tragically murdered by the scumbag yesterday was a local history teacher. if it wasnt such an awful event, after a BLM get together, I would have found it very ironic ..

Serious question. Can you tell us which bits of history are being omitted or mistaught.

I'm pretty certain the victims will turn out to be homosexuals (they frequented the one gay pub in Reading).

The question is then whether they were targeted because of that, or did they "just happen to be" gay men in a park who were killed by a man with a knife who "just happened to be" a Muslim.

Let us assume you are right for argument's sake that they were all gay men. It is just as possible that the killer is/was confused about his own sexual identity and that was the driving force behind his violent outburst. That after all is what turned out to be the case in the Orlando nightclub shooting.

Some of us would see all the above as islamist inspired and some of us would see it as reflecting attitudes towards gay people and the subjuective experience of coming to terms with being gay. Very little is simple but simple fuels division.