What's happening in Reading ? | Page 8 | Vital Football

What's happening in Reading ?

An interesting article in the Spectator , written by Douglas Murray (an openly gay man)
https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/what-isn-t-being-mentioned-about-the-reading-attack-victims-

I found that to be a waste of my time spent reading it.
First the media cannot report on detail in an ongoing case.
Second, there is no evidence ‘so far’ that the killer went for that group first just because he knew they were gay.
Thirdly the writer seems to be another identity dickhead, crying over a perceived sleight to his identity.

He is free to discuss the anti gay muslim movement at any time.

I found that to be a waste of my time spent reading it.
First the media cannot report on detail in an ongoing case.
Second, there is no evidence ‘so far’ that the killer went for that group first just because he knew they were gay.
Thirdly the writer seems to be another identity dickhead, crying over a perceived sleight to his identity.

He is free to discuss the anti gay muslim movement at any time.
Interesting considering what the response from some would have been if VG had written it. 🤔

Seems to be more and more people worrying about who the victim was to aid their political leanings than worrying that another human has died.
That's interesting. BLM are protesting about a black male killed by a white police officer when no one apparently gives a shit about the dozens of blacks killed by other blacks EVERY year. Is that not exactly the same?

The west intervened years ago in other countries affairs, rightly or wrongly. Do we sit back and allow people from these countries to come over here and kill our own. Some people say its understandable. It wont stop, believe me. Do we take action to prevent further attacks , that means whatever action is needed, be it against human right acts or any other act . Or do we just continue as we are now. What would u say if one of the 40, 000 suspects killed your family. Would u say " well it's terrible but u cant blame the perpetrators " or blame the government, because they knew about these people but didnt take any action.

That's interesting. BLM are protesting about a black male killed by a white police officer when no one apparently gives a shit about the dozens of blacks killed by other blacks EVERY year. Is that not exactly the same?

Yes thats my point, its exactly the same. Obviously did not make that at all clear doh.
It seems that many deem the crime worse if it impacts their political leanings.
A life is a life and should be treated the same with the same effort to bring the killer(s) to justice.

The west intervened years ago in other countries affairs, rightly or wrongly. Do we sit back and allow people from these countries to come over here and kill our own. Some people say its understandable. It wont stop, believe me. Do we take action to prevent further attacks , that means whatever action is needed, be it against human right acts or any other act . Or do we just continue as we are now. What would u say if one of the 40, 000 suspects killed your family. Would u say " well it's terrible but u cant blame the perpetrators " or blame the government, because they knew about these people but didnt take any action.

I would say why do you spend so much time on the few killed by terrorism per year and not at all on the many killed by other people?

Why would you need to do anything that impacts human rights? We already have the laws in this country and could make more if we wanted to. The government chooses not to use the powers they do have.

The west have behaved worse than deplorably for decades, if not centuries, in other countries. Instead of carrying on regardless, the only possible way out now, would be for political leaders & monarchs to come clean - apologise for the atrocities committed & try to put things right as much as possibe; ie invest in infrastructure, rebuild & build homes, hospitals, schools, in fact everything a society would need to be happy - provide fair work for them, so that people wouldn't want to leave their countries & perhaps, however slowly, some peace & dignity could return for all. Amen !
I rest my case ....

Last edited:

How much man power and money do you think is actually spent on counter terrorism surveillance?

Unless you are proposing internment camps what exactly do you suggest?

Who goes in them. For every migrant who choses to perform a terrible act countless others integrate and build new lives contributing to UK society.

Are we including descendents of migrants, just in case like ?

What about teenager boys who like a drink, drive too fast and kill people in a crash ?

Anyone with London accent just in case they are actually running County lines ?

Seriously what more do you actually expect the government to do to prevent lone wolf terrorism?

What we do need is their communities to alert police to people who appear radicalised. That is a role where their communities need to do more

Seriously what more do you actually expect the government to do to prevent lone wolf terrorism?

What we do need is their communities to alert police to people who appear radicalised. That is a role where their communities need to do more

Pretty much. The Reading Libyan only became a terrorist when he stabbed a knife into 3 white men. Before that, he was just a Muslim.

I don't know whether he would have been in the 30,000 that are "on the radar" or whether he was just in the 3 million.?

Pretty much. The Reading Libyan only became a terrorist when he stabbed a knife into 3 white men. Before that, he was just a Muslim.

I don't know whether he would have been in the 30,000 that are "on the radar" or whether he was just in the 3 million.?

So are you chucking out just the 30,000 or 3 million.

If he had not stabbed white people then would that have been different, otherwise why did you mention what colour they were?

Muslim fascists don't normally care what colour people are that they kill.

That's not my observation. I know I am a broken record, but I work in Newham, the most culturally diverse area in the country. Generally, you will see groups of eastern Europeans together, groups of Africans, groups of Chinese, groups of Afro-Caribbeans, groups of white British etc. That's just how it is, Polish people have Polish friends that they speak Polish to.

I would say the country is becoming less integrated not more so. The more people from another country that come to the UK, the larger their community, the less they need to mix..
And more divided:
- every time people are coerced into ticking an ethnic box
- a lazy (or complicit) Media divide people into "Communities" - supposedly each member thinking alike.

He looked on top form to me.
Did you watch it ?
They wouldn't know.
Trump critics just re-tweet whatever half-sentence the media selects as "outrageous" - and then "interpreted".

Trump invites criticism, for rambling and going off-script - which gives critics their excuses - but mostly Trump circles back to his theme - which only hostile, prejudiced, bigots could so wilfully mis-represent - starting from before his inauguration.

And more divided:
- every time people are coerced into ticking an ethnic box
- a lazy (or complicit) Media divide people into "Communities" - supposedly each member thinking alike.
Yep, i've said this before, but what even is "black"? Jamaicans, Nigerians and Somalians are all black, but they have different cultures, religions and languages. How many Somalians have gone on BLM marches I wonder?

And this definitely is not bringing the BAME community together. That was never the goal though

Yep, i've said this before, but what even is "black"? Jamaicans, Nigerians and Somalians are all black, but they have different cultures, religions and languages. How many Somalians have gone on BLM marches I wonder?

And this definitely is not bringing the BAME community together. That was never the goal though

There is a distinction between blackness as something one might be genetically, and blackness as a social construct.

This might help to explain it to you:
https://gal-dem.com/bookmark-this-for-the-next-time-somebody-asks-you-what-political-blackness-is/