Villa v Leeds - 8pm Friday 13th January ‘23 - Premier League | Page 24 | Vital Football

Villa v Leeds - 8pm Friday 13th January ‘23 - Premier League

The luck was the two decisions they didn't get, the penalty claim for me personally isn't a penalty but you see them given. I think if the ref had given it VAR wouldn't have overturned it so its one of those ones. The offside for them looked like he was on and I was surprised they didn't get it, on a different day they select a different pixel and he's onside.

The keeping, last ditch tackling and blocks (and poor finishing) is not entirely luck I agree.

I dunno it was a weird game I almost feel like a draw was fair but this is the type of team they are. They have no quality at all and thats why they're down there battling and thats also very much the type of game they play.

Only seen stuff live and didn't know there were decisions like that tbh.

But in any case yes was referring to their chances only and the saves the world number 1 GK made.

Just home so I haven’t read through the thread.
Kamara, what a player we’ve got here.
Moreno, excellent debut. Where did he suddenly come from to make that clearance?
Ashley Young. Immense performance and what do you say about EMI Martinez?
Not the greatest performance over all but very satisfying and something for Unai to build on.

We were hanging on in the first half , but manged the game much better in the second half. Seen the second goal , not sure why the lino was flagging for that , but thats officials for you.

I gather Bailey got MOM , whoever decided that needs to give their head a wobble. Kamara was the best player on the pitch by a mile.
I’m with you on Kamara. This bloke oozes class.

Kamara 10/10. What a performance, the complete midfielder. The others in midfield owe him one, because two of them weren’t in the game (Emi and JJ), Luiz was ok but as usual he struggles against the frantic nature of Leeds and Bailey was his usual Jekyll and Hyde.

I also thought Konsa deserves a shout out, as he was assured at the back and seemed to cover for a few mistakes. He hasn’t been the Lockdown-Konsa for a while, but that performance was getting close.

Agree with the above comments, we rode our luck today. On another today, we could’ve gone in at the break 2 or even 3-1 down had they taken their chances. Worldie saves from Emi, and I seem to recall Ash being in the right place at the right for a good opportunity.

It’s a good three points, especially when it was a bit undeserved. Leeds played a good tactical game, I thought they pressed us well in little packs, they looked to wind up some of our key players especially Emi2 and went in hard on others, along with setting traps for certain players.

Moreno deserves a shout out. Coming on into a fast game like that just 9 minutes in or whatever it was, is much harder than starting the game or coming on with 20 minutes to go. He wouldn’t have been mentally prepared for that, and after what looked like a bit of rabbit in headlights, he settled in well and nearly scored.

Great start to the weekend :utv:

Last edited:
Don't know what to make of it. Last 2 league games against relegation candidates and both could have beaten us by half time. Either they are both in a false position or we are shit.
On the plus side we held firm and won. So at least Emery tweaks it and gets us home.
We are definitely a better side now but there's lots still to fix.
At least you can get a beer in the Holte at half time.

Wolves won't finish anywhere near the bottom IMO so I do think thats a false position. Didnt help everyone and probably even the players thought it was a game won before a ball was kicked.

Leeds are tricky customers, teams like them, and Bournemouth want the game to be chaotic like that. We do have a lot of improvements to make but I dont think it makes us shit we just lack enough players who are confident with the ball under pressure and in tight spaces. IMO our Centre Backs are simply not good enough with the ball and our wide players (Ramsey and Bailey) are also not up to snuff progressing the ball either.

Just to add…we never get a bloody thing from Mr Oliver when he refs our games…fact! If he’d have given their shout for a penalty first half, I’d have personally waited to lynch him in the car park afterwards, never a pen for me after just watching it on tv. That was one decision he got right for a change! As for the Lino putting his flag up for our second…thank fuck for VAR for once..not even close!

Just to add…we never get a bloody thing from Mr Oliver when he refs our games…fact! If he’d have given their shout for a penalty first half, I’d have personally waited to lynch him in the car park afterwards, never a pen for me after just watching it on tv. That was one decision he got right for a change! As for the Lino putting his flag up for our second…thank fuck for VAR for once..not even close!

Funny I never saw any Penalty until I got home wtf was that about

Nope never saw any penalty or anything else live did we, only the dirty Leeds getting every decision

No, bit baffled actually thinking about it. There didn’t seem any fuss in the ground, just the usual pathetic half hearted appeals from their retarded fans.

Just home so I haven’t read through the thread.
Kamara, what a player we’ve got here.
Moreno, excellent debut. Where did he suddenly come from to make that clearance?
Ashley Young. Immense performance and what do you say about EMI Martinez?
Not the greatest performance over all but very satisfying and something for Unai to build on.

Ash played well, the only thing that let him down on first viewing was that I thought he was weak in the build up to the goal and went down easily looking for a free kick.

I’ll have to watch it back, but if I remember correctly I feel like it did drop him down a notch.

Ash played well, the only thing that let him down on first viewing was that I thought he was weak in the build up to the goal and went down easily looking for a free kick.

I’ll have to watch it back, but if I remembering correctly I feel like it did drop him down a notch.

Bang on mate. Only seen it once at the time and he defo looked for contact and to get a free kick when he could have tried to win it.

He fucked up here I’m afraid.

Not even sure what to say. Lots of disparate views tonight on the forum about various players... the Emery effect. It's so early with him but goodness he has had an affect on results. Bailey kept giving the ball away and scored the first and set us up for the second. What to think? What I do know is the Holte end pressed in the second half with their endless support. Emery wants that and got it in spades tonight.

Not even sure what to say. Lots of disparate views tonight on the forum about various players... the Emery effect. It's so early with him but goodness he has had an affect on results. Bailey kept giving the ball away and scored the first and set us up for the second. What to think? What I do know is the Holte end pressed in the second half with their endless support. Emery wants that and got it in spades tonight.

Yep. Great atmosphere tonight . Really kicked the team on second half.

Brentford , Manure, tonight. All fast starts unnaturally kicking towards the Holte first half. Are we onto something…