Villa v Leeds - 8pm Friday 13th January ‘23 - Premier League | Page 22 | Vital Football

Villa v Leeds - 8pm Friday 13th January ‘23 - Premier League

Konsa seemed really off it tonight, just couldn’t clear his lines.

Bailey bi-polar as always, but his quality won us the game!

Moreno looked really promising once he settled down.

Buendia gets a goal, but I think an on-form Coutinho may be better long term.

Kamara - simply brilliant. Cool, calm, collected.

Ash Young is a legend. I wondered last season if he really had enough left….he definitely has.

A great game really, for a neutral :ROFLMAO: maybe not so high in quality but very happy to grind out the win. Really can’t wait to see a new centre half pairing next season
You are probably right about a new centre back pairing for next season and I'm definitely with you on that, but tonight I personally thought Mings and Konsa were absolutely top quality, credit where credit is due

The worst we have played probably in a league game under Emery. Kamara, Young and Martinez excellent. Moreno looked ok after a slightly dodgy start. He will be fine when he gets up to speed. Still 3 points is 3 points.

Im wondering if we will go 3-5-2 when Carlos is fit?

It's all about opinions but for me,defensively, they won everything that came their way and put their bodies on the line
Yeah it’s interesting what different people see. I thought Mings was a liability for parts of the game but did other things well. Some
Think he was outstanding. For me, in a years time, neither of them start for us. But anyway, great win!

Nervy game.
When we got some pockets of confidence, we played some lovely football. I thought Kamara was utterly immense tonight; smooth and silky and his change of balance was a joy to watch. Ashley Young bullied his opponent.

Both goals came from Bailey being involved but my God, his decision making is atrocious. No pictures of what’s around him and seems happy to run into 3 players and hope for the best.

Kamala MOTM for me, Young right up there (tired before the end). Some really good stuff, got stuck in but overall, consistent quality was missing. Bit of a squeaky bum time after their goal but thought Sanson and Coutinho were fine (contrary to what others think). New lad had a shaky start but should really have scored. Martinez is a cocky knugget but I guess he’s earned that.

Need more from everyone if we are to climb the league but can’t argue with 3 points :thumbup:

Yeah it’s interesting what different people see. I thought Mings was a liability for parts of the game but did other things well. Some
Think he was outstanding. For me, in a years time, neither of them start for us. But anyway, great win!
I'm 100% in agreement on that, this time next year neither will be regular starters but tonight they deserve credit and as an ex centre half I appreciate what they put in this evening, may not make comfortable watching but certainly effective

That’s just where we are with these lads. I feel there isn’t another team in the league with as many Jackal & Hyde players as us. Bailey did well but he also consistently took too much out of the ball and put us under pressure.