Villa v Leeds - 8pm Friday 13th January ‘23 - Premier League | Page 26 | Vital Football

Villa v Leeds - 8pm Friday 13th January ‘23 - Premier League

No idea what is happening with Buendia. That is 2 recent games where he has scored and done absolutely nothing else. Bailey drives me mad. He scores in the first five mins and then keeps giving the ball away. Play it simple if you are not 1 v 1 its not hard. The times Konsa played it to him in our half and he lost it was awful. We were lucky not to be punished for it.
I agree to an extent on Bailey, he does give the ball away too often. Appears to me that he shows the defender too much of the ball and makes it an easy tackle. On the other hand he is often short of options when he gets it up top. It’s either take on 2 or 3 players or knock it back into defence when we’re trying to push out. Frustrating a lot of the time but he was our match winner last night

I don't know why we don't keep a player up on the halfway line when defending corners and deep set pieces. Last night it allowed Leeds to push 10 players into our box , whereas if you keep Ings say up then Leeds would of kept 2 back. Is it the risk / reward strategy of being able to launch a lightning fast counter attack ?
Ings—lightening fast counter! There’s an oxymoron in there somewhere mate.

Does anyone know what happened here last night?

Live - Villa Park police incident as cordon erected outside ground after Leeds victory
Pictures captured by Birmingham Live showed a section of Station Road cordoned off - the nature of the incident is currently unknown

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-villa-park-police-incident-25976840

A Villa fan was hit by a bottle thrown from the away coach park. It couldn't have happened more than a minute or so before I walked past as the police were being directed towards the coach the perpetrator had ran onto. The chap who got hit was sitting on the curb surrounded by police.

Bailey was the only forward player they were worried about. Some great dribbling but he needs to release it at the right time. Couldn’t see us scoring without him on the pitch somehow. We are definitely two or three players short, and I want to see more like Moreno please. He’s always looking to play and break quickly, alive, and on the front foot. More like that please.

didnt get back til after 2am, got a puncture on the m6; ughh. here are my thoughts on the game. 1st half, painful, apart from two of the best passes you will see villa play all season from young and then kamara, and a great finish bybailey. after that it was all so chaotic and frantic, we looked like the away team. lucky we got the early goal cos after that we were woeful for the rest of the first half. moreno came on early and it all looked a bit too fast and mad for him, but christ he made up for it with his block to stop leeds scoring, brilliant! emi martinez save, best i have ever seen in person live, incredible, i jumped out of my seat like we had scored. lucky not to be 3-1 down by half time, glad to hear the fuckin whistle blow at the break!!!

second half, two mins in, mings cruyff turns on half way line. my first thought... cant wait for mings to be replaced by carlos. then martinez pulls off another quality save, thank god we have him. pissin around with the ball in our own area will be the death of me, seriously, why do we think we are capable of it, we are not! when bamford came on i was debating whether to leave half an hour early! but then 2-0! brilliant. and here we go, bamford of course it is, gets his yearly goal against villa, ffs. i must have lost some weight in the last 10 mins from sweating even though i was freezing cold. its said a good team can grind out a win when playing poorly, well we did. we played poorly for a lot of this game. we are not world beaters, but we will not play many teams this season that play at 100mph for 95 mins like leeds. tbh i think they should be investighated by uk doping agency. well done lads, utv. 10 points from the relegation zone sil! (i know you have checked)

Leeds as always wanted us to go toe to toe with them and we never we stayed calm. Had we had a ref who could think for himself rather than follow the latest orders Leeds would have been down to 9 men and half of their team on a booking.
I'm all for a physical game but they were kicking anything that moved. How does a keeper flatten a player 40 yards up the pitch and only get a yellow?

A Villa fan was hit by a bottle thrown from the away coach park. It couldn't have happened more than a minute or so before I walked past as the police were being directed towards the coach the perpetrator had ran onto. The chap who got hit was sitting on the curb surrounded by police.

Not just the players that are bottlers.

Leeds as always wanted us to go toe to toe with them and we never we stayed calm. Had we had a ref who could think for himself rather than follow the latest orders Leeds would have been down to 9 men and half of their team on a booking.
I'm all for a physical game but they were kicking anything that moved. How does a keeper flatten a player 40 yards up the pitch and only get a yellow?
The ironic thing is their manager has been calling for more protection for his players. They like dishing out the rough stuff but can’t take it in return

I think us playing around, so deep at the back, was an instruction from the boss.Leeds work rate and press tactics, meant they would chase the ball anywhere. The defence and Martinez, made them press back to out goal line sometimes. It's a shame Watkins got injured, because he would have given us more quick release options, instead of relying soley on Bailey. Scares me to death,when we pass it around in side our own box.

I think us playing around, so deep at the back, was an instruction from the boss.Leeds work rate and press tactics, meant they would chase the ball anywhere. The defence and Martinez, made them press back to out goal line sometimes. It's a shame Watkins got injured, because he would have given us more quick release options, instead of relying soley on Bailey. Scares me to death,when we pass it around in side our own box.

You and 40k others mate

The ironic thing is their manager has been calling for more protection for his players. They like dishing out the rough stuff but can’t take it in return
That's a joke isn't it they are constantly hacking at ankles all game, taking the piss out of the new guidelines. I am all for cutting out the soft freekicks but that doesn't mean there are no fouls anymore

Lovely bit of skill by Konsa - kind of scooped the ball over an advancing player in the centre circle to get us attacking. So that’s Mings, Konsa and Young all playing great passes out of defence in recent games - something I’ve only seen since the new manager has arrived. Definitely don’t just hoof it out - having said that it did creep back in a little bit yesterday

i noticed Leeds players doing lots of niggly stuff off the ball aswell. There must be something engrained into the fabric of that club.