Villa v Leeds - 8pm Friday 13th January ‘23 - Premier League | Page 23 | Vital Football

Villa v Leeds - 8pm Friday 13th January ‘23 - Premier League

Very lucky I thought. A few var decisions went our way - couple of worldy saves from Martinez and some glaring misses from Leeds.

It's true that Emery hasn't got his own players - but the high risk possession game just outside our box will get punished against decent opposition

That first half was painful to watch but in years gone by we would've conceded a few more late goals and come away with nothing to show for our resiliance.

As they say, a win is a win and we won! Very resilient, Inept refereeing by that clown with the whistle. The dirty feckers would have had at least 6 booked normally bet he was letting them get away with murder, Thankfully VAR corrected the blind lino and we won.

Won big W 3 points up yours dirty Leeds

We were hanging on in the first half , but manged the game much better in the second half. Seen the second goal , not sure why the lino was flagging for that , but thats officials for you.

I gather Bailey got MOM , whoever decided that needs to give their head a wobble. Kamara was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

That was a battle rather than a game of football. Leeds are an extremely unpleasant side to watch under this American and I can imagine they are extremely unpleasant to play against. They sort of strangle the game with their fanatical pressing and anytime anyone threatens to break out OOF they go crashing in for a foul. How they escaped without someone getting a red for persistent fouling I do not know.

It wasn't a pretty game and we did not play well but we did fight, claw and scrap against a team determined to drag us down to their low level. Then in the moments that mattered we had the quality to take our chances and had Emi to keep them out.

More is needed clearly but I'm 100% confident that we lose that match under Gerrard and probably most other managers. Moreno looked pretty good to me, dangerous going forward and a goal saving clearance.

Not many shining individual performances. Bailey was his usual brilliant or shite self but he was the difference in the end. His goal was beautiful all round but my what a finish. Kamara... What more to say. Love him already. Once again disappointed by Ings. Totally anonymous and looked like he was running in lead lined boots.

I'm hoping for at least 1 other signing before Southampton. We desperately need a striker as Andy we have isn't good enough. Lovely to beat that lot. Horrible club with horrible fans. UTV

Only read 2 posts after the match and both talk about luck.

No.Luck had nothing to it .

It's called having a top class keeper who has the skill and ability . Funny isn't it you score 3 goals and luck never gets mentioned. A keeper makes a string of top saves and its luck. Weird.

The luck was the two decisions they didn't get, the penalty claim for me personally isn't a penalty but you see them given. I think if the ref had given it VAR wouldn't have overturned it so its one of those ones. The offside for them looked like he was on and I was surprised they didn't get it, on a different day they select a different pixel and he's onside.

The keeping, last ditch tackling and blocks (and poor finishing) is not entirely luck I agree.

I dunno it was a weird game I almost feel like a draw was fair but I also feel we edged it in some ways, this is the type of team they are. They have no quality at all and thats why they're down there battling and thats also very much the type of game they play.

Don't know what to make of it. Last 2 league games against relegation candidates and both could have beaten us by half time. Either they are both in a false position or we are shit.
On the plus side we held firm and won. So at least Emery tweaks it and gets us home.
We are definitely a better side now but there's lots still to fix.
At least you can get a beer in the Holte at half time.